46% (57 votes)
no
54% (66 votes)
Total votes: 123

Where are we going?

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

It was made official last night.

Fifi is taking over.

the bhai jaa is dead! long live the bhai jaa!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Even if everyone stopped using the forum, I don't think you should close down the site. People may stumble upon it and may learn a thing or two.

Wait, are you paying for the site to keep running? Obviously, you might find it better to get rid of it, if it's too expensive to run and doesn't seem like it's doing much for anyone.

But if you let it stay, with the right intention, it can be your sadaqa jariya, inshaAllah Biggrin

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I think i'm reading something wrong coz i'm on my phone... But...euh... WHAT'S GOING ON?!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

s.b.f wrote:

Fifi is taking over.

Ya'qub wrote:

I think he meant get rid of the site, not stop being admin! lol Why would he repeat the same poll?

Yaqub, it's 'jaaN' Wink

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

When i get on the computer i'm going to vote no so many times that -if anyone voted yes - you wouldn't be cake to see it.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

Fifi is taking over.

Ya'qub wrote:

I think he meant get rid of the site, not stop being admin! lol Why would he repeat the same poll?

Yaqub, it's 'jaaN' Wink

thats what noor told me.
was she being racist again?

No, she told you the right thing, you missed out the last letter, when you copied it Smile

Who are these idiots voting yes?! How are there already 16 votes? Someone's messing with the poll!

salaam

i mean how often do ppl come on the forums?

do ppl go on the rest of the site?

do you think the site is a good platform to air your views?

has anyone ever learned anything from the site?

does anyone read the old issues of the mag?

i was discussing with you yesterday ABOUT GIVING SITE A NEW FACE LIFT and making the site bigger, better etc... so how do you think it can be improved?

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
salaam

i was discussing with you yesterday ABOUT GIVING SITE A NEW FACE LIFT and making the site bigger, better etc... so how do you think it can be improved?

set it up with twitter profile and some file sharing service?
personally i think print mag holds more value, but see benefit of online only.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
salaam

Me answering those questions is probably pointless Blum 3

But the facelift thing - we've been telling Admin this for a while! Firstly get rid of the orange...

Yeah... The orange got to go i think...i mean... Who actually uses the original theme? I've learnt loads on here and it's helped me structure my thoughts and i've met GREAT people! Common that's not even relevant. Basically nobody here gap any right to get rid of the voice of the muslim youth unless there's another way to voice our opinions and thoughts and ideas. The site is great and NEEds to stay. When the mag isn't being published for months how you suppose to keep the link. I think the site needs to be advertised more 'grantly'' on the mag. As for the site. The dear dear dear beloved site. I think twitter something would be good. You know how before there was a mini tribune on main page? What about having aggregator there instead? Coz it's an interesting page but it.s not really something i'd go on purposefully. Even though i should and most probably will try from now on. I think the blogs needs to be more independant and maybe get more developed. So that it become an area that the individual can personalize. We need a guideline on tags i think. To keep the site together we need to start using tags better. I'll try from now on. I still think we should have a 'timeless' topic section where all the important topics like website links, the books thread, the greeting one and others i can't think of right now should be in a special section coz we always need to go back to search for them. The stuff on the site. I don't even know how to call it. Needs to be better 'advertised' i think. Coz i personally hardly use it. Or maybe i don't know what i'm talking about anymore... But we do get new members sometimes and i do think they find it a great platform to start off with as muslim youth. It's not a HUGE forum where you're a nobody until you get reps and you never get to visit the whole place and leave a mark. Revvy's all cosy and nice. And coz we don't have reps and obvious tracking thingy so people never knows who's the new members the older member the member and a half coughfeefcough who need to but down on the revvy curry and the ones who just need to keep getting regular doses instead of huge chunks in one go coughmecough. (sidenote. I'm really upset that revvy was down during the holidays coz that's just a waste of valuable revvy holiday time aka really really really really important time!). Okay enough for me. Sorry for no paragraph. Typing this from phone. Regular phone buttons. No keyboard...

Are those yeses to revvy being packed up?

Just another note... Even though everybody know each other and stuff. We need to stop being scared of hurting each other's feelings and really get into the conversations and discussion. I think the fact that we're so 'closeknit' means that we don't want to go against each other too hard. But hey. Coz we know each other means we CAN confront each other. Else it ain't worth it.

Am i the only one that uses and likes the original theme? You lot don't know what you're talking about.

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Even by me? Coz i have no right to tell you off. And so i apologize. Coz we have no right to tell you off. I just point out what i've learnt. And common. We don't tell you off! We just tell you straight Blum 3 . Seriously. Give us another chance. Or me. I can't talk for others. I like discussions with you but they're horrendously rare. And you usually lose interest in the middle and leave. Which i got to say is not nice. Imagine doing that in real life. And now you're going to say something like 'exactly why it's not online ' lol. And coz i've said it now you can't say it!

they might genuinely feel that way about this topic. i mean...i dont purposefully "wear my heart on my sleeve" to annoy you dude...and i dont think anyone does either. people feel strongly about different things.

it doesnt matter if you're not "educated enough" (thats still to be debated) its abuot your opinion at the end. do you feel convince by the arguments, do you still have questions, do you still disagree, why? do you want to know more. that's usually want we want. and when you just leave the topic feels like you just odnt care any more.

you know, cat in italian is gato. Gateau (pronounces gato) is cake in french. strange eh?...

Ok, Ed, I have some questions for you.

So The Revival is the voice of the Muslim youth?

Who are the youth?

12/13 - 21 year olds at the least. 25 if we're pushing it Blum 3 (all those who are older, get the hell out! Blum 3 )

That's a large age range and so people in that bracket will have different issues that they need help with. Also the younger ones may not find the site as accessible as the older ones or vice versa.

So which age group do you want to focus on? Or do you still want to focus on everyone in this bracket?

In that case maybe the site and/or forums need separate sections? These can deal with the different sections better and help it be more accessible for everyone. The information in each section could be written with the specific age group in mind, and the language can be tailored to them.

I remember picking up the mag, for the first time when I was about 11/12. I loved the fact it was easy to understand and everything. But later, I preferred proper English to the slang! And as I said before, some issues will affect certain age groups more than others, so you don't need to worry about not giving everyone the info they need. Anyway the writing should always be down to earth etc so there shouldn't be a problem even if some things aren't very 'dumbed down'.

Also, there's a severe lack of guys on here, well young teen ones at least. You might want to figure out why that is and address the problem. Might just be cuz they're busy playing video games and football tbh, but I'm sure there are more boys who are into Islam and we need to bring them over here!

The site would need a fresh look which doesn't alienate either ends of the age bracket.

Can't think of anything else atm.

Also with the discussions, we need to be more open to other peoples ideas and not immediately stamp down on them.

Of course that doesn't mean letting Islamic etiquette go down the drain.

Oh and if you can find a scholar who could regularly answer Q+As, that'd be helpful.

(not so sure about the different sections thing)

Lilly's suggestion of a timeless section is basically topics being stickys isn't it. I think articles and stuff could be put in such a section but to make topics like marriage a sticky wouldn't be great. You'd end up with super long threads which might change focus a number of times and not many people would want to read through it all. People could use the search function more though- then again that doesn't work very well

it doesnt work well coz we're crap and rubbish at using tags basically. but you know topics like the saturday ayah reflection and stuff like that, and yeah BECOMING STICKIES!!!! (why are we depriving forum topic of their basic rights and goal of one day become a "sticky" that's like stopping sugar becoming sweets. a crime against humanity and topic-ity.)

I don't think that's he only reason since it should pick up thread titles as well

Has the site been down?

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:
Has the site been down?

No, you were just blocked for a bit. We had a nice break for you Smile

s.b.f wrote:

Not sure if I should take you seriously coz you're known to be a bit of a joker

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

Not sure if I should take you seriously coz you're known to be a bit of a joker

Smile

Think sherlock holmes looked a bit like the joker in the new film.

I think the site should have more of a status update type front page and integrate with social media, somehow. The comments and posts should be repostable with embedded links to the site round all your Twitters and Facebooks and Google Plus or whatever that is. And it is really down to the mods to write little responses to the news or select blog posts. Big headlines to old articles is a bit messy for the homepage.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

No don't close the site...

It has some good posts/topics. I've also added this site to searching-islam's google search engine, so if someone searches for an answer, it will use this forum for answers.

There's alot of good on this site.

[CENTER][COLOR=red]Refute Islamaphobes instantly[/color] with this [COLOR=green]Islamic based search engine[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

Pages