Chaos in Israel/Palestine

136 posts / 0 new
Last post

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
Twit.

Wink

They want us to abandon our duty to defend ourselves through Jihad and tell us we should engage in the greater Jihad. Yet they have the right to defend themselves from attack. They have the right to vengeance against those who attacked them. When the Church of England General Synod declares the war against Afghanistan as justified, and the Zionist Israelis adhere to the principles of an eye for an eye based on the Old Testament, nobody associates violence with their religion.

Terrorism is now shorthand for Islam and Muslims. We are told the terror of the IRA and ETA and the armed Christian militias in the US are different kinds of terrorists. Only a [b]fool[/b] couldn’t work out that the difference is that they are not Muslims. When Muslims endorse the right to defend ourselves, and resistance from attack, and occupation, we are labelled terrorists (even though the Geneva Conventions distinguish between terrorism and resistance movements).

This was my post Shazan you fast talking venom spitting deceptive sidewinder:

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
Good to know your enemy.

Ok buddy. Dirol

Political Islam is unacceptable but political Christianity and political Judaism (Zionism) is acceptable. They accuse us of treason and demand oaths of allegiance, something they never demanded from anyone else, not even those die-hard communists.

I’m little confused, that Hamas are terrorist according to Neo-cons comic books and the IDF are a happy bunch of Israeli citizens defending their land, and can use unlimited brutality on the Palestinians?

See you in mpac in few hour’s…InshaAllah

Twit.

Find where in the last several posts I defended Israeli actions against Palestinians.

When you fail - apologize for your inappropriate and deceptive attempt to baggage me in with the IDF for exposing your terrorist heros.

Next, find where in the last several posts I said anything about Islam - at all, let alone political Islam.

And when you fail there too apologize for your inappropriate and deceptive attempt to baggage me in with the Neocons for exposing your terrorist heros.

In fact - copy your apologies for MPAC when you attempt to embarrass yourself "later." - Assuming your posting privileges aren't still revoked :roll:

Answer - Now.

Stop running and confront - you make an accusation you stand by it - simple as.

"Don Karnage" wrote:

quote]

Answer - Now.

Stop running and confront - you make an accusation you stand by it - simple as.

Firstly you need to stop spoon-feeding baseless assumptions, you said I said - no I didn’t! Don’t beat with me the same stick to that off what Mr. President is beating all Muslim with.

If you’re such a balanced person, then know that the IDF use’s terror in order to subjugated the Palestinians

Apology? For what I didn’t accuse you or anything- although you said I support terrorism- well I don’t support the IDF if that’s your definition of terrorism, it’s time American turn their anti-terror guns on themselves

Actually I haven’t embrassed myself, I’m in contact with many of my friends from mpac over the telephone, email and msn- a mod told me that my account will be active in a few hours. How funny huh?

lol in other words a quick search back yields you nothing to work with.

Shazan gets caught trying to marginalize people based off nonsense accusations once again.

Bringing the grand total to Yashmaki and Me.

Gee how the hell could I have taken "Neocon comicbooks" and some reflection on the "innocence" of the IDF, coupled with an off topic rant about Christian v Muslim terrorists and more allegories to President Bush as an attempt to baggage me with the Israelis?

That's just how you work - implications insinuations and other snakelike mechanisms so you can slither away when you're caught.

Get on that apology - or evidence, or stop dancing.

It's like a formula with you

"Don Karnage" wrote:
lol Shazan gets caught trying to marginalize people based off nonsense accusations once again.
about Christian v Muslim terrorists and more allegories to President Bush as an attempt to baggage me with the Israelis?

Terrorism seems to be used as a short hand to describe Islamist, and it’s wrong, their no difference to all other terrorist including the IDF. Only your the only one disputing this, I'm sure we have "revival members" who will agree with me.

A formula? I’m not here to deceive people

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
lol Shazan gets caught trying to marginalize people based off nonsense accusations once again.
about Christian v Muslim terrorists and more allegories to President Bush as an attempt to baggage me with the Israelis?

Terrorism seems to be used as a short hand to describe Islamist, and it’s wrong, their no difference to all other terrorist including the IDF. Only your the only one disputing this, I'm sure we have "revival members" who will agree with me.

A formula? I’m not here to deceive people

Really? Find where I said that too - you're still trying to dodge boy, get back to my challenge, you find anywhere in the last several posts that justifies your baggaging me in with the IDF.

Cut all this crap about Christian terrorism, and Israel, and Islamism - it's all just flare you put up as a smoke screen to decieve people when you aren't man enough to stand by your words.

Boy your homework was due 20 minutes ago - now get on it - you justify your insults from my posts or you apologize.

And start answering peoples entire posts when you make these little insinuations against them - instead of cherry picking and twisting words to your own satisfaction.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
And start answering peoples entire posts when you make these little insinuations against them - instead of cherry picking and twisting words to your own satisfaction.

And if memory serves me correctly, you’ve declined to debate with me on comparative religion Cray 2 , when I mention the word Christian Extremist; and suddenly you’re haveing an epileptic fit over my words? Didn’t George Bush receive a revelation form his God, that he should go ahead declear and war in Iraq?

Yet that hasn’t stop you from asking infinite amount’s of question on Islamic Fiqh and Jihad and giving your opinion we should incorporate pacifism into our teachings, this place is like a safe heathen for you and the world Jihad cant be uttered in case we offend you, then Goodbye and I wont be seeing you anytime soon.

I would ask for examples of me cherry picking and answering's people post, but it’s pointless debating with patriots. Dirol

lol wow - you're really stretching to find something off topic to jump to.

You just totally collapse under pressure don't you?

Examples of you Cherry picking comments?

Have you actually [i]read[/i] the first post on this page? Where you quote but a single word in my entire previous post - and then address nothing in the post but rather go off on a tangent about Christian terrorism.

Or let's chose somebody a little less aggressive than myself - anybody peruising the Bengali thread can see your pathetic treatment of Yashmaki - even prompting the observation:

"*DUST*" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:
i'm bengali so by default i'm supposed to hate the entire pakistani race that's the attitude i'm getting from you brother.

Ok Baiya, firstly I’m not advocating you hate anyone, as for the rest of your post I wont bother responding to such whinging. Wink

actually she raised some good points and ur lack of response suggests u know she is right OR u cant come up with anything to counter what she said, coz her reply was based solely on Islamic values... Blum 3

By now - not responding to points that damage your ad hom attacks has become a regular feature of your "debates"

I wonder why a person such as myself wouldn't want to subject my religion to such a conversation.

I asked questions on pacifism because of two muslims I know who are pacifist - Aphrodite who you will never have the fortunte of talking to, and Ronny Meah (of MPAC) who you will. Now I consider myself a polite individual but the general concensus seemed that their religious views weren't being represented in the conversation so I was actively engaged.

But now i'm just giving you want you want - off topic nonsense to distract everybody from the fact you've got nothing behind your slanderous insinuations.

But your dodging has got to come to an end sometime - you answer my question, justify what you said based off my last several posts.

does that include me? Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Hell you arent gonna answer - you cant answer, we both know that. And you sure as hell arent gonna apologize so this is just a waste of time. Mods - feel free to delete as you please.

I made my point

"Don Karnage" wrote:
you're still trying to dodge boy

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Boy your homework was due 20 minutes ago

looks like we both hail from the same part of the Carolinas... Lol

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Hayder on Holiday" wrote:
does that include me? Smile

Of course - hell I talk about religion with everybody all the time here, and I don't take exception to Med's frequent challenges either, it's all a matter of trust - I trust you guys, and I don't trust you Shaz - you were just trying to marginalize, I wouldn't debate you or even have a brief exchange on my religion if you paid me.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
you're still trying to dodge boy

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Boy your homework was due 20 minutes ago

looks like we both hail from the same part of the Carolinas... Lol

hahaha

well... i actually gotta stop saying that. Thanks to the KKK - god rot them - boy is taking on a racist tone in some parts of the south.

Too bad it's the perfect diminuitive address

"Don Karnage" wrote:

[b]I see this is biblical example of where west meet’s Islam.[/b] Smile

I didn’t treat Yashmaki badly with my speech, she did that perfectly well on her own accord misinterpreting everything I said, you’ve quoted Dust and Yashmaki, why didn’t you quote my reply, who’s cherry picking cowboy?

The Fact is I did reply to her and I await her response, you’re the one who is guilty of debunking my arguments because I don’t nod my head and agree with Christian Evangelistic raging senseless war’s against Muslim and partnering themselves with right wing loonies and Zionist in congress and the Crack House.

Ronny Meah, he is a peace activist, but you’ve never met the man in person have you? And I have, in fact he is very good friend of mine, he is still learning about Islam.

Ok I'll leave the warmongers to spread their vile fitnah here. May Allah protect us. Peace to Hamas and Hezbollah Biggrin

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

I didn’t treat Yashmaki badly with my speech, she did that perfectly well on her own accord misinterpreting everything I said, you’ve quoted Dust and Yashmaki, why didn’t you quote my reply, who’s cherry picking cowboy?

The Fact is I did reply to her and I await her response, you’re the one who is guilty of debunking my arguments because I don’t nod my head and agree with Christian Evangelistic raging senseless war’s against Muslim and partnering themselves with right wing loonies and Zionist in congress and the Crack House.

Ronny Meah, he is a peace activist, but you’ve never met the man in person have you? And I have, in fact he is very good friend of mine, he is still learning about Islam.

Ok I'll leave the warmongers to spread their vile fitnah here. May Allah protect us. Peace to Hamas and Hezbollah Biggrin

Daves question: Justify your baggaging me in with the IDF and neocons

Responses:

Christian terrorists!
The Geneva Conventions!
Bush!
No I didnt!
Islamism!
More IDF!
Comparative Religion!
Fiqh!
I didn't treat Yashmaki badly! (No I didn't Part 2)
Christian Evangelism!
Zionist Crackhouse!
Vile Fitnah!

Shazan did it ever occur to you in all that the easiest route might just have been to say "Dave, I am sorry for the insinuation - allow me to erase my posts"

Or if you want to get on the topic of the Israeli side of things "Dave my apologies, while you clearly believe that Hamas is a terrorist group - what do you think of Israel and the IDF?"

Nah - quickest route is "Dave doesn't like Hamas!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: Oh my God he's another zionist american - just like it says on Hamas' website all Americans are like!!! Quick! Marginalize him by attributing ideas to him which aren't his and get him to shut up before he posts anything more damaging about Hamas"

"(*_Shazan" wrote:

lol now I will give you one chance - and only one chance to back outta that.

Explain - are you saying our "conversation" is an example or are you talking about Hamas or any number of other throw away topics you brought up during the course of your running and hiding?

Because if you are insinuating I am taking sides in some sort of war with Islam I am going to rip you to shreds.

Now i'm waiting very patiently with my hands together on my lap and a rather dull expression on my face waiting for your reply.

Tell me what this quote - which you added seperately - means.

This is Dave right now -> Smile

"Don Karnage" wrote:

Speaking about the mother of off debunking, If you’re happy them I’m happy for you. Regarding that apology, wait until hell freezes over :twisted: I haven’t doing nothing wrong nor have you wronged me, apology is not necessary, if we may put our personal and emotional tantrums to one side, let’s get back to the topic.

And did you know Mr. Don, Hamas encompass of a military and cilvilian wing, The Hamas civilian infrastructures build hospital, schools, carries out humanitarian work in Gaza and the west bank, , plant Oliver tree’s which IDF solider have up rooted and many other social projects I have a friend’s in Gaza and Jerusalem, and the general consensus is Hamas are seem to be the Amir of Jihad and protectors of the Palestinians people.

And if they are prepared to be engaged in diplomatic process with the Israeli and participate in fair elections then the west should be encouraging this route, like the British award IRA with a seat in Parliament. Simply saying we wont negotiated with terrorist is abused, Hamas want to participate in fair elections something which should be obvious to the free and democratic countries.

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Speaking about the mother of off debunking, If you’re happy them I’m happy for you. Regarding that apology, wait until hell freezes over :twisted: I haven’t doing nothing wrong nor have you wronged me, apology is not necessary, if we may put our personal and emotional tantrums to one side, let’s get back to the topic.

And did you know Mr. Don, Hamas encompass of a military and cilvilian wing, The Hamas civilian infrastructures build hospital, schools, carries out humanitarian work in Gaza and the west bank, , plant Oliver tree’s which IDF solider have up rooted and many other social projects I have a friend’s in Gaza and Jerusalem, and the general consensus is Hamas are seem to be the Amir of Jihad and protectors of the Palestinians people.

And if they are prepared to be engaged in diplomatic process with the Israeli and participate in fair elections then the west should be encouraging this route, like the British award IRA with a seat in Parliament. Simply saying we wont negotiated with terrorist is abused, Hamas want to participate in fair elections something which should be obvious to the free and democratic countries.

I'll hold out on that apology still - we'll just say it's on your honor.

Yes I am aware Hamas encompases non-illegal activities as well. Is that good? Sure. Does that exculpate them? Never.

Or would you say Iraq was justified because the US built a couple schools.

I dunno about you - but a knife in one hand and a bundle of food in the other doesn't make me any less uneasy. And when a crime is committed I don't believe in getting off for good behavior.

Hamas is a terrorist group that blows up buses and cafes trying to kill civilians - if they help civilians elsewhere they can present that to God when they are judged to try to bleach the blood stains on their hands.

Dunno if it will work.

Perhaps there is an argument to be made about encouraging terrorists to explore legal alternatives to murder, such as sanctioned warfare and public works - by offering them incentives through access. But unless they would be willing to aid in bringing the "reformed" terrorists in their midst to justice I don't see what good that will serve.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:

Explain - are you saying our "conversation" is an example or are you talking about Hamas or any number of other throw away topics you brought up during the course of your running and hiding?

According to you, I’m a militant Islamist :o. I don’t have to insinuating nor speculated which side your loyalties are on. You could rip me all like, members on MPAC have done a pretty good job in silencing you. I just hope a man of your stature can distinguishing the difference from Freedom fighter’s to terrorist- but all this proves is another man’s terrorist is another’s mans Freedom fighter.

No....... I haven't vocally said you support the IDF blah blah you can stop burdening with that line of argument.

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
No....... I haven't vocally said you support the IDF blah blah you can stop burdening with that line of argument.

err yeh, i think thats kinda why he used the word 'insinuation'... :roll:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:

According to you, I’m a militant Islamist :o. I don’t have to insinuating nor speculated which side your loyalties are on. You could rip me all like, members on MPAC have done a pretty good job in silencing you. I just hope a man of your stature can distinguishing the difference from Freedom fighter’s to terrorist- but all this proves is another man’s terrorist is another’s mans Freedom fighter.

lol what are you talking about? Nobody at MPAC thinks im a zionist neocon - despite the garbage you told them about me. People debate me and rarely arrive at the same conclusions but that's hardly "silencing."

Silencing would be more like... oh say... Banning!

I'm done with this - bash your head against the wall some more if you wish. :roll:

"Don Karnage" wrote:

Or would you say Iraq was justified because the US built a couple schools.

I dunno about you - but a knife in one hand and a bundle of food in the other doesn't make me any less uneasy. And when a crime is committed I don't believe in getting off for good behavior.

Hamas is a terrorist group that blows up buses and cafes trying to kill civilians - if they help civilians elsewhere they can present that to God when they are judged to try to bleach the blood stains on their hands.

Considering the American bombardment of Iraq, not to mention shock and ore, tactical bombing of Baghdad and destroying all of- Iraqi’s infrastructures, school’s, water and electric and so. And then Haliburton imperialist will profit from the reconstructing of Iraq and the privatisation of Iraqi resources (including the Media, contract's have already been sold) are to be sold off to international bidders is an abused notion- I don’t accept your compassion to be justified, but you are entitle to your opinion- but it’s a little farfetched to compare Palestine to Iraq or Hamas to Haliburton.

How will the reconstruction of Iraq be banked rolled? Surly you don’t get anything for free in this world, how much debt in IMF and world bank loans will Iraq insure for the reconstruction of Iraq the country that American Military destroyed?

Unless you speak to a Palestine whom have a reputation of being the Muslim Jews of the middle east (intellects), I know plenty in London and in Jerusalem, they do have the highest PHD graduates per capital then any other city in the world, a remarkable achievement considering the up hill struggle they face daily and haveing live under occupation and treated like third class citizen in their own country.

They are very capable of progression, if only the Zionist give them a chance. And the Americans may of whom are decent people, stop funding Israeli with their taxes and see what murderous Zionist are doing, otherwise peace in the middle east will never exist. If you want to fight Terrorism then fight the Zionist.

The real Americans are the Red Indians, which the Europeans killed, looted and took their lands and put them in reservations!!

The Red Indians had their freedom.. But you took it away and put your own "Freedom" in place!!

Founding Fathers?....Who took the lands from the indigenous people both in South America and USA and Canada?

Fought for Freedom...... Yes from the British! Who wanted to impose their rule, just So you were freedom fighters and not terrorists? This proves one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter!!

Thats what the Palestinians are fighting for FREEDOM from Israel....... can you know see that? The Kashmiris, the Chechens etc. fighting for FREEDOM!!

Easy for some to talk about FREEDOM, when you are not persecuted day in day out!!

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Silencing would be more like... oh say... Banning!

I'm done with this - bash your head against the wall some more if you wish. :roll:

Stop right there, I haven't spread nothing against you on Mpac. Take that back, that’s a little speculative. And I thought you don’t do conspiracies!

I debated with Br Ash ever since I've arrived on MPAC, I dont agree with much he say's, but that's a different matter.

"*DUST*" wrote:
err yeh, i think thats kinda why he used the word 'insinuation'... :roll:

Thanks DUST- any other fault's, which you are looking for in me?

I will apologise to you, sorry for not being perfect in this perfect world of ours. Cray 2

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
Considering the American bombardment of Iraq, not to mention shock and ore, tactical bombing of Baghdad and blowing up off all Iraqi’s infrastructures, school’s, water and electric and so. And then Haliburton imperialist will profit from the reconstructing of Iraq and the privatisation of Iraqi resources (including the Media, contract's have already been sold) are to be sold off to international bidders is an abused notion- I don’t accept your compassion to be justified, but you are entitle to your opinion- but it’s a little farfetched to compare Palestine to Iraq or Hamas to Haliburton.

Right.. Hamas only bombs civilians on Buses and in plazas - whereas america does it with planes. The United States builds schools, hospitals and further infrastructure for the Iraqis, and Hamas does the same.

What was I thinking - no comparison there.

Quote:
How will the reconstruction of Iraq be banked rolled? Surly you don’t get anything for free in this world, how much debt in IMF and world bank loans will Iraq insure for the reconstruction of Iraq the country that American Military destroyed?

Give a mouse a cookie and he takesa yard!

Wait... that's not right.

Anyways - blast into the reconstruction in Iraq, I don't disagree (unless of course you go off on some nutty tangent about "resistance to zionist imperialism" or something) but the fact of the matter is the United States has done good things for Iraqis, Hamas has done good things for Palestinians.

I don't care.

If you're bombing civilians you've commited a "crime" and "crimes" must be "punished" by "legitimate authorities."

Put Mohammed Deif and Donald Rumsfeld in the same dock for all I care.

I'm not going to join you in this ridiculous praising of a terrorist organization just because they tried to dip their hands in some bleach.

Quote:
Unless you speak to a Palestine whom have a reputation of being the Muslim Jews of the middle east (intellects), I know plenty in London and in Jerusalem, they do have the highest PHD graduates per capital then any other city in the world, a remarkable achievement considering the up hill struggle they face daily and haveing live under occupation and treated like third class citizen in their own country.

They are very capable of progression, if only the Zionist give them a chance. And the Americans may of whom are decent people, stop funding Israeli with their taxes and see what murderous Zionist are doing, otherwise peace in the middle east will never exist. If you want to fight Terrorism then fight the Zionist.

Nothing wrong with fighting oppressive forces - I don't really like the term zionist since it's often used in a slanderous capacity - but call it whatever you want. Israel bulldozes houses and kills civilians in Palestine every day - there are legal ways of fighting this - and since you're so desperate for blood there are legal ways of drawing that too. Blowing up civilians on buses and sending women to blow themselves up on your behalf isn't "fighting" it's cowardice and terrorism, and while the cause might be justified the action is not.

And I and nobody in their right minds could support it.

I don't understand how you can be selective with this concept. You seemed to agree in the past that Saddam was a psycho and getting rid of him was a good thing - but you had a problem with the US invasion still. So obviously in some instances you understand the concept of "righteous cause unrighteous action"

Why don't you apply it to Hamas?

Quote:
The real Americans are the Red Indians, which the Europeans killed, looted and took their lands and put them in reservations!!

The Red Indians had their freedom.. But you took it away and put your own "Freedom" in place!!

Founding Fathers?....Who took the lands from the indigenous people both in South America and USA and Canada?

Fought for Freedom...... Yes from the British! Who wanted to impose their rule, just So you were freedom fighters and not terrorists? This proves one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter!!

Thats what the Palestinians are fighting for FREEDOM from Israel....... can you know see that? The Kashmiris, the Chechens etc. fighting for FREEDOM!!

Easy for some to talk about FREEDOM, when you are not persecuted day in day out!!

This is all just ranting. The natives are still picked on (abramoff) - why don't you come over here and demonstrate your great love of native americans by waging a little political war on their behalf.

I can just see it now - walking around in full headdress talking about the inhospitability of reservations.

Oh wait - you don't... actually.. care do you?

lol it's just something you throw out there - analagous to me screeching about how the Turks stole byzantium as "evidence" of islamic hypocrisy.

Stick to the subject Shazan - not the Shoshone.

I think Shazan is just looking to vent his anger on someone - and Dave just happened to be in the 'right' place at the 'right' time.

"Beast" wrote:
I think Shazan is just looking to vent his anger on someone - and Dave just happened to be in the 'right' place at the 'right' time.

Super.

I'm finished with this discussion. I'm too short tempered to deal with somebody elses short temper, and nothing productive has come out of this thread since our little conversation.

Enjoy

[b]Public votes for a terrorist group which wins by 70%.[/b]

BBC Thursday, 26 January 2006 10:02 GMT

[b]Palestinian PM quits after poll [/b]

Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei has announced his resignation, saying Hamas must form the next government following the parliamentary elections.

It comes as the militant Islamic group appeared to be heading for a shock win.

[b]" Recognising Israel is not on the agenda ",[/b] Mushir al-Masri, Hamas politician

With counting still under way, officials from the ruling Fatah party said Hamas had won a majority. Official results are due at 1900 (1700 GMT).
Israel, the US and the EU consider Hamas a terrorist group and have said they do not want to deal with it.

"I am going to present my resignation to President Abu Mazen [Mahmoud Abbas] and Hamas should form the [new] government," Mr Qurei told journalists, according to AFP news agency.

Hours before official results were due to be released, Fatah officials privately admitted that Hamas had won.

Hamas claimed it had won at least 70 seats in the 132-member parliament.

The BBC's Jon Leyne in Jerusalem says there is no doubt that the Hamas showing has transformed the Palestinian political arena.

For decades, Fatah - the party founded by the late Yasser Arafat - has totally dominated electoral politics, but that time is over, he says.

Hamas is also now a major power and it will enter parliament still committed to its armed confrontation with Israel, our correspondent adds.
With victory looming, senior Hamas official Mushir al-Masri said the group wanted to work with Fatah in a "political partnership".

But he said Hamas would not hold peace talks with Israel.
"Negotiations with Israel is not on our agenda," he said.
"Recognising Israel is not on the agenda either now."

No talks

Speaking before Hamas claimed victory, acting Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Israel could not deal with a Palestinian Authority which included Hamas.

"Israel can't accept a situation in which Hamas, in its present form as a terror group calling for the destruction of Israel, will be part of the Palestinian Authority without disarming," Mr Olmert's office reported him as saying.

"I won't hold negotiations with a government that does not stick to its most basic obligation of fighting terror."

The European Union - the biggest provider of aid to the Palestinian Authority - said it would work with any peaceful Palestinian government.
"We are happy to work with any government if that government is prepared to work by peaceful means," said European External Relations Commissioner Benita Ferrero-Waldner.

[b]Who's who in the Palestinian elections [/b]

Hamas are contesting their first national elections

Mustafa Abu Ali refused to negotiate with Israel

BBC News looks at the parties and lists who will contest the Palestinian legislative elections to be held on 25 January

FATAH

Fatah has been the dominant force in Palestinian politics and de facto ruling party for many decades. It currently holds 49 of the 88 seats in the Palestinian parliament, or Palestinian Legislative Council (PLC), with another 15 independent deputies affiliated to Fatah.
Drawing heavily on the legacy of its founder and late leader Yasser Arafat, Fatah is expected to come out on top in the elections. Two polls in early January gave Fatah around 40% of the vote.
But the party has been dogged by claims of nepotism and corruption, and is also accused of letting the security situation in Gaza get out of hand following the Israeli withdrawal in 2005.
The Fatah-dominated PA, including its chief negotiator and Fatah election candidate Saeb Erekat, have negotiated for an end to the Israeli occupation and Jewish settlements, and what it calls the "apartheid" West Bank barrier.
However, voters will recognise that under Mahmoud Abbas, a founding member of Fatah, the PA has found itself sidelined in the peace process by Israel's unilateral moves, in particular the withdrawal from Gaza.
Fatah suffered a split in December. A group of younger members, lead by Marwan Barghouti (who is serving five life terms in an Israeli prison over militant attacks), submitted its own list of candidates, including some top officials, under the name "Future". The two reunited at the end of December, however, fearing that a divided Fatah may not be able to fight off the challenge from Hamas.

CHANGE AND REFORM LIST

The Hamas faction, running as the "Change and Reform List", is participating in its first legislative elections. Appealing strongly to voters who think it is time for change in the Palestinian leadership, Hamas has highlighted its determination to stamp out "rampant" corruption in Palestinian politics.
Like Fatah with Arafat, Hamas draws great inspiration from its former leader, Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, assassinated by Israel in March 2004.
Hamas' central principles remain unchanged for this election. The party combines a hard-line stance towards Israel - including advocating armed attacks and refusing negotiations - with an established social welfare programme, and strict Islamic principles.
Senior Hamas official Ismail Haniya, launching the Hamas campaign from outside Sheikh Yassin's home earlier this month, stressed that as an Islamic movement Hamas was committed to implementing Sharia law.
Hamas is fielding 62 candidates in the elections, the largest number for any party.

INDEPENDENT PALESTINIAN LIST

This 41-candidate list is headed by former presidential candidate Mustafa Barghouti. Aiming to present a broad front, Mr Barghouti says his list represents a "third path", independent of the power struggle between Fatah and Hamas.
The list, which includes members of various human rights organisations, argues that internal problems such as corruption and bad administration must be resolved in order to effectively tackle Israeli occupation in the West Bank.
Mr Barghouti himself was at the centre of a controversy over voting in East Jerusalem, when he was arrested while campaigning in the Arab Quarter of the city.
Two polls published last month gave the Independent Palestinian List nearly 10% of the popular vote.

THE ALTERNATIVE LIST

The Alternative List is formed by a coalition of the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP), the Palestinian People's Party, and the Palestinian Democratic Union Party, as well as some independent candidates.
It calls for an immediate entry into permanent-status negotiations with Israel, but insists on Palestinian refugees' right to return to their homes and properties in Israel.
The list's manifesto focuses on deprived and marginalised segments of society, and puts tackling unemployment and poverty at the top of its agenda. It also calls for full equality for women and abolishing any legislation that contradicts the principle of equality.
According to a poll by the Palestinian Centre for Public Opinion, the list will fight for third place with the Independent Palestinian List.

MARTYR ABU ALI MUSTAFA LIST

The leader of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), Ahmad Saadat, announced his faction's participation in the elections from his Jericho prison cell.
After attempts to form a unified list among democratic and leftist forces failed, the PFLP decided to run independently with its own list, named after its former leader Mustafa Abu Ali who was killed by Israeli forces in August 2001.
Mr Saadat is known to advocate Israel's destruction. His party backs the establishment of democracy in the PA, and argues that economic and social rights should be integral to human rights.

OTHER LISTS

Other lists which are not expected to make a large impact on the polls include: the Freedom and Social Justice List; the Martyr Abu al-Abbas List; the Third Way List; the National Coalition for Justice and Democracy List; the Freedom and Independence List; and the Palestinian Justice List.

BOYCOTTERS

Militant group Islamic Jihad has said it will not take part in this month's polls.
According to London-based Arabic newspaper Al-Hayat, 19 Fatah candidates standing in Jerusalem reportedly withdrew their candidacy in protest at voting conditions in their constituencies.

Pages