Suspicion

Just interested in what islam say about suspicion. It seem it become very common amoungst muslims today. People are all too quick to judge today assuming stuff and at the same time, it always affecting their perception of a situation.

Quote:
Islam aims at establishing its society on clearness of conscience and mutual trust, not on doubts, suspicions, accusations and mistrust. Hence this ayah mentions the fourth prohibition by which what is to be held sacred among people is safeguarded: O you who believe, avoid (indulging in) much suspicion; truly some suspicion is a sin. (49:12)

The kind of suspicion which is a sin is the ascribing of evil motives, and it is not permissible for a Muslim to impute such motives to his brother Muslim without justification and clear evidence. Because the basic assumption concerning people is that they are innocent, a mere suspicion should not be allowed to result in the accusation of an innocent person. Regarding this the Prophet (peace be on him) said, "Avoid suspicion, for airing suspicion is the most lying form of speech." (Reported by al-Bukhari and others.)

Human weakness is such that no one is free of suspicion and wrong thoughts especially concerning those with whom relationships are not good. However, one must not give in to such thoughts nor go beyond thoughts to action, as stated in the hadith, "If you have a suspicion, do not pursue it." (Reported by al-Tabarani.)

[url= Suspicion[/url]

I personally find it scary when people are too quick to find fault and look for acussation against someone. This too me is one of the reason why there is a seriously lack of brotherhood in islam. I know of many marriage that have failed due to this reason. Because suspicion bring out many different fault in people as well.

Why is it that muslims are scared to give each other the benfit of doubt anymore, too quick too jump into conflict with very little evidence? Is this a disease of the heart?

"yuit" wrote:

Why is it that muslims are scared to give each other the benfit of doubt anymore, too quick too jump into conflict with very little evidence? Is this a disease of the heart?

So true.

Islam says that evil thinking springs from malignity of intent and wickedness of the character.

It is even said that if a deeds of a man are evil, then his thoughts regarding others are evil as a result he will believe whatever suspicion haunts him.

Of course, being suspicious of someone in the presence of ample evidence is different. However "badgamani" (suspicion) as you've quoted is a sin.

My elders are always telling me not to be so trusting.

Just supporting the brother/sister there on the lack of brotherhood due to suspicion. judging of others sometimes occurs naturally, and so leads to backbiting, which we all can do without

Its all a mindset.

I mostly do not become suspicious of anything. However at times I am suspicious of everything.

And then its about biting your tongue. If you have a suspicion, do not spread it since it may be baseless.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Some people are generally just paranoid individuals. It must be hell living with such people (I heard of husbands like that).

Reformed drug addicts are also suspicious/paranoid individuals.

good topic yuit.

Yep i must admit i've been suspicious of various activities on these forums which resulted in wrongfully making accusations :oops:

They were based on misleading information given to me.. there aint no point going into it.

Gotta say I'm sorry and hope those involved forgive me - you know who you are.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"khan" wrote:
good topic yuit.

Yep i must admit i've been suspicious of various activities on these forums which resulted in wrongfully making accusations :oops:

They were based on misleading information given to me.. there aint no point going into it.

Gotta say I'm sorry and hope those involved forgive me - you know who you are.

I constantly gettng paranoid on the forum, it the way it design. But it cool u able to admit too ur mistake, i know many people who wouldn't be able too. Take a big man IMO too.

On a sidenote, I see you got the track Queen of Islam on ur signature, u getting into the islam and hip hop scene.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
On a sidenote, I see you got the track Queen of Islam on ur signature, u getting into the islam and hip hop scene.

av just clicked on it - love it Biggrin

Don't take a big man at all.

Way i see it, the conscience is a delicate part of someones mind. It definatly affects them in this world as well as the hereafter.

I've got many things on my conscience, said a lot of things to a lot of people, have stolen, have missed prayers. sinned a lot.

Yes part of the Muslim mentallity is that Allah forgives if you sincerely ask for forgiveness and promise never to do it again. But I personally believe that asking for forgiveness from Allah may not be enough to give me peace in this world, or to be granted salvation in the hereafter.

If I've done wrong to a person, if they are still around I must seek their forgiveness. Where I've stolen, or conned someone, I need to pay them back sooner rather than later as I or they may not be around later, where I've missed prayers I should make an equivalent number of prayers asking for forgiveness.

Hip hop.. I really liked the tune, not into the Islamic hip hop scene or anything.

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

"khan" wrote:

If I've done wrong to a person, if they are still around I must seek their forgiveness. Where I've stolen, or conned someone, I need to pay them back sooner rather than later as I or they may not be around later, .

Maybe that why one scholar mention that there more reward in granting someone forgiveness then asking for it in the first place. But i personally find when people start asking for forgiveness they are opening up a new chapter in their life as obviously their thinking in life is changing and it becoming more focus on the hereafter.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

that track is soooo wrong IMO

if you knew the orginal tune, you wouldnt listen to that

no wonder i dont like majority of 'Islamic Rap' :?

not sufi style....no love, no poetry, too much anger and Hip Hop is generally about agression and non-coperation....if you get where im comin from

what i was gonna say.......

I have a scenario

I, along with 2 other friends....did something nasty to a friend....it felt good at the time....we had our laff.....but since my 'change'....i really regret doin it

so i apologised in the best way i could, with sincerity....understandably, he wasnt accepting the apology

what does one do then? :?

wouldnt that mean i cant go Hajj then? i havnt seen this person since the incident - March 2005, altho he doesnt live far.....

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Sickmusic, I like the clock on your forums.

Is it a phpbb mod? (I would probably want a smaller one to go at the top next to the revival name banner...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Hayder on Holiday" wrote:
that track is soooo wrong IMO

if you knew the orginal tune, you wouldnt listen to that

no wonder i dont like majority of 'Islamic Rap' :?

oh no, dont tell me they copied a tune from a Western group?! :?

and Hip Hop is generally about agression and non-coperation....if you get where im comin from

but surely thats just the case with Western Hip Hop? if u wer referring to 'Soldiers of Allah' i'd know where u wer coming from, but Native Deen? nah.

I have a scenario

I, along with 2 other friends....did something nasty to a friend....it felt good at the time....we had our laff.....but since my 'change'....i really regret doin it

so i apologised in the best way i could, with sincerity....understandably, he wasnt accepting the apology

what does one do then? :?

wouldnt that mean i cant go Hajj then? i havnt seen this person since the incident - March 2005, altho he doesnt live far.....

wow, does that mean u only became 'islamic-ified' after March '05? if so, mashaAllah well done and u seem to have come a long way.
and about ur situation, its quite sad really. i'm guessing that after this 'incident' u lost touch with this 'friend' or he probably didn want to hang around with u anymore? if so, seeing as how one apology didnt work, the only thing i can think of is to properly get back in touch with this guy - try to renew the friendship. be nice to him, do favours for him without him having to ask, basically try to make up for what u did by being a great friend to him from now on. inshaAllah he will eventually forgive u.

re: Hajj, i hav no idea, but i dont see y u shouldnt go.... i will check up on this for u inshaAllah.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

On that track - I actually think SOA are better. Atleast their anger is real. Not saying all what say is right, but they have a couple of god tracks. (1924, and method of the Prophet(saw) I think...)

yeh, the clock on the forums is a [url= made in flash.

not sure what to think of islamic hip hop, hayder made a fairpoint about the original track and agression. Also music according to many is Haram.. but thats another topic alltogether.. Smile

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,