Almost half of Britons think children are violent and starting to behave like animals

Almost half of Britons think children are violent and starting to behave like animals, a Barnardo's survey suggests.

The children's charity says the research suggests society holds a negative view towards children despite the majority being well behaved.

Of the more than 2,000 people questioned by ICM Research, 44% said young people were becoming feral.

Barnado's chief executive Anne Marie Carrie said it was "depressing" so many were ready to give up on children.

The survey revealed that:

49% agreed children are beginning to behave like animals

Almost 47% thought youngsters were angry, violent and abusive

One in four said those who behaved badly were beyond help by the age of 10

Whilst 36% thought children who get into trouble need help, 38% disagreed

Kids fight.

big deal.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

This is so pointless, especially after what I mentioned yesterday.

Anyway, I did find it interesting to learn things like 'children are becoming more violent' was said way back in history. Read a quote yesterday which is apparently written on some tomb, I can't remember whose but I'm sure the person was famous! :/

Also I read a quote from the 13th century which said girls are becoming too immodest and promiscuous!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Does it actually mention that they are getting MORE violent?

the quoted bit only lists violence stats, and does not seem to indicate that violence is increasing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

As we know that children are one hundred percent the responsibility of adults, they do what we allow them to do, they are not a species apart from us but are of us and as such if they are becoming more ferrel then we are allowing this. In short blame ourselves not children

laila wrote:
As we know that children are one hundred percent the responsibility of adults, they do what we allow them to do, they are not a species apart from us but are of us and as such if they are becoming more ferrel then we are allowing this. In short blame ourselves not children

The law doesn't allow parents to discipline there children the way they want in this day and age that's why children are getting out of control in my view

My English is not very good