Could you pass the (old/abandoned) 11-plus?

Thirty-two years after most grammar schools were abolished the 11-plus exam which controlled entry to them still divides opinion among parents and teachers. But how difficult was it?

and try a 15 question version for yourself - click the start button and you get 10 minutes to answer 15 questions. (no cheating by working out the answers before hand!)

I tried it while skiving off at work and I got 10 out of 15 (but I didnt use the full 10 minutes).

Can you beat You?

Your post is supposed to contain a number/15.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Iv done this test twice before so my result doesn't count.

13/15. used all the time. go stuck on the last 2 (and didnt do them)...

really couldnt figure out the last one, but nearly cracked number 14... back to stats i go...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
13/15. used all the time. go stuck on the last 2 (and didnt do them)...

really couldnt figure out the last one, but nearly cracked number 14... back to stats i go...

same. but i got 8 and 10 wrong.

they stopped this because people said that you could be trained how to complete the tests and getting a good score didn't necessarily mean you were intelligent, just that you were good at doing these kinds of tests.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

eww

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi