Sex, drugs, domestic violence, jinn and death

[size=18]Baby killed for being 'possessed' [/size]

[b]The BBC News website examines the death of Samira Ullah after the child's father is found guilty of her murder. [/b]

Her short life makes for tragic reading.

Born at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, west London, on 19 July 2004 she overcame the difficulties of being two months premature and was discharged four weeks later.

When a health visitor came to see her at home a month later she described her as "thriving, gaining weight and reaching all her development milestones".

She only lived for three months.

Her father, Sitab Ullah, had worked as an educational development officer at a school in Westminster.

His Old Bailey trial heard tributes to his work from the school's head teacher and a police officer who worked closely with Ullah. He was described as a "positive influence" on the children, a third of whom were, like him, of Bangladeshi origin.

But when Sitab Ullah's father died in November 2003 he became addicted to heroin and crack cocaine. His personality changed and he became violent and delusional.

Ullah had met Salma Begum in 2002 but her family disapproved of him and felt she would be marrying "below herself". She ignored their wishes and had a traditional Islamic wedding ceremony.

She had a child by Ullah but became increasingly dependent on him after estrangement from her family.

In January 2004 she became pregnant again but as the year went on Ullah's behaviour became more erratic as his drug addiction took hold.

After Samira was born Ullah became more violent towards Begum and started hallucinating - seeing writing on her body and on the walls.

She had revealed to him that before they met she had been pregnant by another man and underwent an abortion.

[b]'Possessed' [/b]

This clearly played on Ullah's mind - he became convinced Begum was having an affair and would set up a Dictaphone and a camcorder in their tiny Kilburn flat when he went out.

He would replay them on his return and imagined his wife was telling his ex-lover she loved him.

On one occasion he chopped up the marital bed with a samurai sword, claiming that Begum's lover was hiding inside.

When Samira was brought home from hospital he became convinced she was possessed by spirits, known as jinn.

Ullah later claimed he had employed an imam to drive out the spirits.

But the imam, Abu Ahmed, told the trial he had never been to the house, had never performed such a purification ceremony and did not know the family.

Abu Ahmed, who had worked at a Maida Vale mosque, told the trial it was possible for people to become possessed by jinn and in such circumstances "blessings" or "purifications" did take place.

But he said babies were considered "pure" within Islam and he himself had never blessed a baby which had been possessed.

Begum told the court how Ullah's delusions about Samira became worse and said: "He did not want me to feed her too much. He complained she was becoming greedy because he thought the thing inside her wanted to be fed all the time."

She once chastised him for flicking the soles of Samira's feet. He replied: "I'm not hurting her. I'm hurting the thing inside her."

Throughout September and October Ullah's physical assaults on Samira became worse, culminating on 16 October 2004 when Ullah shook her so violently she incurred a fatal brain injury.

Judge Kramer said the post-mortem revealed a "catalogue of injuries", including cigarette burns to the face and lips, nipples had been "destroyed" by pinching, badly damaged feet and several fractured ribs.

Damage to her ears suggested she had been picked up by them and the piece of skin connecting her gums to her top lip was torn away.

The judge pointed out that Ullah's lawyer, Bob Marshall-Andrews, did not seek to rely on his client's drug addiction or state of mind as a defence and no psychiatric experts had been called to testify on his behalf.

Judge Kramer said: "He (Ullah) is at a loss to say who might have inflicted the injuries".

The judge then told the jurors it was up to them to decide if Ullah was responsible for Samira's death and, if he was, whether he had intended to kill Samira or intended to cause her really serious harm.

They were given the options of murder and manslaughter, the latter being a charge which does not rely on an intention to kill. They found him guilty of murder.

Begum has already pleaded guilty to child cruelty neglect and will be sentenced later.

[url=

oh god that is so sick! I cant belive any human can be so sick and disgustin, poor baby and what bout the mother, she saw the way her husband reacted and done nothin!

He should have been put into rehab well before he actually managed to do anything...

Drugs are very evil.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Its hard to judge cos I dont think the man was all there in the head.

He became mad, and I feel sorry for woman. She obviously had problems being a murderer of her own bastard child from before.

This is a sad case.

May ALLAH have mercy on them.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Omrow" wrote:
God will burn him in Hell.

we shouldnt pass such judgements...

who changed the title of this thread? y change 'murder' to 'death' - he's been convicted for the former.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Its a sad day when such an innocent is killed.

Someone who hasnt even begun to live.

very sad, very sad...

the father was a fool...

Back in BLACK

Salam

Mr Olla believed that his baby daughter was possessed by a ghost.

He tortured her to remove the evil spirit from her body.

The baby could not bear much suffering and so she died in agony.

Olla is pure evil.

Judge should hang him.

Omrow

"Aasiyah" wrote:

who changed the title of this thread? y change 'murder' to 'death' - he's been convicted for the former.

That was me.

Apparently he turned to drugs after his father died. So, 'death' incorporates the death of his father as well as that of the baby.

I wouldnt say evil Omrow...

Id say sick, demented and a delusional wackjob...

but not evil.

Back in BLACK

madness is a terrible thing. only Allah knows whether the man was evil or mad

and what of the woman who stood by and watched?

the baby will go to heaven

I wonder as to her station in paradise.

Biggrin

How happy must she be a baby shaheed.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:

Biggrin

And how sad she must be to be killed by her own parent...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Dawud" wrote:

Biggrin

ironically even though this is a terrible and tragic event the baby is really lucky in regards to its station in paradise and it can intercede for its mother-blessings in disguise comes 2 mind...

Salam

"seema*" wrote:

Not according to Catholics.

They claim that all babies who are not Catholics will stay in a place called Limbo. Somewhere between heaven and hell. Their parents will wish they were not kept there. But Catholics say tough luck to the parents.

It was the Pope who started this possession craze.

Omrow

I dont understand such people, the mother must have been so thick! She should have taken the baby and done a runner, she must have had an idea her husband was totally demented!

yes Angel

and am i right in thinking the children have their own childrens heaven?

i was thinking about an Hadith which mentions a place where all those go if they die before reaching age of puberty

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"seema*" wrote:

Not according to Catholics.

They claim that all babies who are not Catholics will stay in a place called Limbo. Somewhere between heaven and hell. Their parents will wish they were not kept there. But Catholics say tough luck to the parents.

It was the Pope who started this possession craze.

Omrow

The Catholic church is considering abandoning the concept of 'limbo'.

[url= Post[/url]

Keep up, Omrow.

Salam

"Beast" wrote:

The Catholic church is considering abandoning the concept of 'limbo'.

Good idea.

I suppose the babies in limbo will have to await the final decision from the Earth.

Omrow

This truely saddening.

When you hold a new born baby, it feels so fragile, so helpless. The father really must have had no perception of reality to be able to inflict such torture on that innocent baby.

I'd have to agree with Angel on that the mother did nothing in the way of getting help. If she couldnt help her husband, she could have at least attempted to take her daughter out of harms way.

I just read an article about this case on either guardian or independent website and apparently the mother was a virtual prisoner. She got beats, was put in safe place away from hubby on 2 occasions (i think). Basically they said the wife was a classic case of a victim of domestic violence or summat. So I think its a bit harsh to be judging her and asking why didnt she just go. Easy to say but harder to act out I think.

Another thing, in her defence. She might not have believed that her husband would go so far as to smash babies head against summat. I just think this is a sad story from all angles.

May ALLAH have mercy on them and us.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"musk" wrote:
Another thing, in her defence. She might not have believed that her husband would go so far as to smash babies head against summat. I just think this is a sad story from all angles.

wot about the cigarette burns, fractured ribs, and countless other injuries to the baby? that wudv been enuf to put the guy away for a long time - all she had to do was call the police.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I do not think Any parent can imagine a parent killing their kids.

He should have been reported, and been sent to a shrink before he got so far.

No point condemning others. We do not know the inside story. No point crying over spilt milk. However we should make sure this never happens again.

"musk" wrote:
I just read an article about this case on either guardian or independent website and apparently the mother was a virtual prisoner. She got beats, was put in safe place away from hubby on 2 occasions (i think). Basically they said the wife was a classic case of a victim of domestic violence or summat. So I think its a bit harsh to be judging her and asking why didnt she just go. Easy to say but harder to act out I think.
The article posted by Beast didn't mention that the mother was the victim of domestic violence.

Quote:
May ALLAH have mercy on them and us
Ameen

"Admin" wrote:
He should have been reported, and been sent to a shrink before he got so far.

No point condemning others. We do not know the inside story. No point crying over spilt milk.

I agree.
"Admin" wrote:
However we should make sure this never happens again
Has this tragic event even been mentioned on national news (on T.V)?

i havent seen it as yet, has anyone else?

"Fatima" wrote:
"musk" wrote:
The article posted by Beast didn't mention that the mother was the victim of domestic violence.

Quote:
May ALLAH have mercy on them and us
Ameen

Thats bbc for u.

Admin if u listening pls delete mujahids perverse post.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"musk" wrote:

[b]Admin if u listening pls delete mujahids perverse post.[/b]

I think either Muji is double accounting or he's got a imposter/stalker.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Fatima" wrote:
"musk" wrote:

Yes it did.

"BBC" wrote:
After Samira was born Ullah became more violent towards [Salma] Begum and started hallucinating - seeing writing on her body and on the walls.

Pages