teachers

sparked by a sudden interest to become a primary school teacher i started thinking....

did everyone want to be a teacher when they were younger?

i know i did for a while, then changed my mind when i saw how much flak they got in high school.

did you have a fav teacher and why?

mine was my english teacher, i thought she was funny, intelligent and interesting.

i went on to do an english literature degree.

did any of yr teachers influence you in any way or have an effect on the path you chose for yourself in life?

my high school teachers got treated like crap

I've never wanted to be a teacher-but I've always looked up to good teachers

im wanting 2 be a primary teacher 2!!!

its my 1st yr on the course and im loving it...wanted 2 be a teacher since agessssss my eng teacher at secondary school really helped me alot and after that i decided that teaching was defo 4 me!

iv got a school placement in a primary school...go in every week and the kids are really sweet!

I had alwayz wanted to become a nursery teacher...coz i LOVE toddlers
but that changed when i went boarding school,

my fav teacher waz my art teacher because she waz really chilling and she alwayz mentioned to everyone how talented i am (thats why she became my fav lol

the only teachers that got mick taken outta them were the paki ones..coz their english waz freshifyde

Arent u already a teacher naj?

Teaching kids qaida and urdu is a great thing. Really makes a person special and is most impressive.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
Arent u already a teacher naj?

Teaching kids qaida and urdu is a great thing. Really makes a person special and is most impressive.

well yea kinda.. but im retiring lol had enough

lol.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

teaching what an excellent job you get ' PAID HOLIDAYs' D

teachers have an important role in shaping the personality, character , carear intentions of the youth

the more muslim teachers the better for our youth

not for me though i want to be filthy rich

and you get to stay behind after school marking books.

And in the holidays, mark exam papers.

Get abused by kids.

Get abused by their parents.

Great job really...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I used to want to be a teacher when i was younger too! I remeber i used to use the walllpaper as a blackboard and make pretend registers and read a book out to a class full of no-one lol, like i said this was when i was younger, A LOT YOUNGER! Lol

Its kinda sweet coz i see my little sis and little cozin do that now, ahh the good old days!

i remember when i was applying to uni i didnt know what i wanted to do, at all, some of my freinds were going into law, others business or medicine etc and i was confused so applied to do a BEd in primary education but then once i started uni i changed to a Ba degree coz teaching seemed a bit too much to me! You have to bring ur work home with you etc etc

Now that i have graduated and cant find a job that i would like i am thinking of doing a PGCE nxt september but im still not sure :? is teacging really as tiring as it seems? any teachers out there who can discourage or even encourage me into this profession?

My fave teacher at middle school was my english/history teacher, me and a few other girls were her pets and even outside of school she would take us to cinemas and parks etc, and even when we left the school we kept in touch via telephone and letters but ive lost touch with her since Cray 2

My law teacher at A Levels was my fave teacher at school, she is a fairly young indian lady so we connected with her staight away, the kind of teacher where we used to talk about boolywood films, indian serials, family stuff with, still kinda in touch with her!

Did anyone here have any really scary teachers?

"flower" wrote:
I used to want to be a teacher when i was younger too! I remeber i used to use the walllpaper as a blackboard and make pretend registers and read a book out to a class full of no-one lol, like i said this was when i was younger, A LOT YOUNGER! Lol

My lil sis used to do that to, of course I would make the register for her and any such stuff, in return she would play Jumanji with me (aka the floor is made of lava)...we were both little.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:
"flower" wrote:

My lil sis used to do that to, of course I would make the register for her and any such stuff, in return she would play Jumanji with me (aka the floor is made of lava)...we were both little.

lol, yup done that too! used to climb all over the furniture and use cushions as stepping stones etc

i thought it was just me who did that!!

for me it was sinking sand, and i awlays seemed to sink.

flower ive graduated too, just started thinking of a PGCE yday, still thinking, not sure if its worth doing another year.

Muslim Kuri - what course are you doing? how many years? and is it mostly practical?

Naj - how did you start teaching? and how long you been doing it for?

i worked for a womens magazine in the summer.

looking for job now. but thinking of a career change

whys that?

ur job is way cool

and if its where ur heart lies then why the job change?

thats was a temp job. finding it difficult to find a decent job now.

got an interview in jan in surrey, but thats ages away.

hate not being busy, so started doing voluntary work this week for a disability forum.

need a job!!!!

i always wanted to be a police officer... unless u count that phase wer i wanted to be superman :oops:

my fav teacher.... was my art teacher... chilled propper style. He'd let us put any music on whilst we did our work... most of his music stuff was old... so we listenend to radio alot. And he bought us drinks.... top guy used to hav a propper lauf.

Never really wanted to be a teacher... :roll: dont know how i ended up teaching self-defence.... i put it down to wrong place, wrong time... that and i couldnt say 'no' to Sensai.

Back in BLACK

Salaam

I loved my primary school teachers. I generally loved school too. I loved the innocence and the feeling of being carefree.

That’s why I’ve always wanted to be in that environment. I’ve just finished my degree in Education and community studies…should find out if I’ve graduated in mid Jan. if all goes well I should inshallah start my PGCE in April.

I’ve worked in all types of environments. I’ve worked in private nurseries (babies are cute-but nappy changing is something I can’t do).

I’ve worked as an Islamic studies teacher in summer school for the past two summers.

I’ve worked as a TA in primary schools. I’m currently doing supply/cover work for an agency working mainly with kids with special needs…(mainly for the experience and the money).

They send me to high schools and primary schools all over East London. Today I was in a high school working GCSE kids with their maths (??!!).

I’ve also led two study circles every week in my home for the last three years (I LOVE teaching).

(lol-the above sounds like my CV)

High schools are hell for me. The kids make me laugh and also infuriate me. Even today many times I had to turn my face and hide my smile cos they cracked me up with some of the stuff they came out with.

Also high school kids get distracted SO quickly…when I’m working in a predominantly Asian school (like I was today) the kids just want to know where I’m from….one kid may shout out, whilst I’m explaining the work to them “Miss you’re a Gujarati aint u”….another will say “No stupid she aint Guji she’s a Paki-innit Miss tell him you’re a Paki” and the whole class will get involved …I have to stop what I’m doing and explain to them that whether I’m Guji, Paki, Bengali, Tamil etc etc has nothing to do with “What time the train arrives at Kings cross”….and if I’m in a predominately white school, the class will try to guess my religions…I sometimes hear “Miss, you’re a Hindu aint u” (??!!) etc etc…teenagers get distracted SO quickly…

But yeah, teachings great fun if that’s where your heart lies.

I wanted to get into teaching so much that I lied to dad about what A levels I chose :oops: . (He wanted me to study medicine)

Wasalaam

MS, do you teach a specific subject or a bit of everything?

"MuslimSister" wrote:

I wanted to get into teaching so much that I lied to dad about what A levels I chose :oops: . (He wanted me to study medicine)

Same here, i picked up chemistry, biology and maths at A levels and after dropping some of them and failing the others my dad decided not too interfer with what i wanted to do at uni, but by then it was too late too improve my grades or pick up new A levels that i ended up doing Sociology and Education studies at uni. I really enjoyed it though

"Beast" wrote:
MS, do you teach a specific subject or a bit of everything?

I'm looking to qualify as a primary school teacher. Thats a bit of everything.

But supply work with agency is a bit of a fraud...cos you have to do whatever they tell you. So today I was teaching maths even though I only got a C at GCSE level.

I regret not pursuing RE after GCSE though...cos If I studied RE in Uni. I could have been a RE teacher in high school.

you're a born teacher Muslim Sister. teaching is the most honourable profession i can think of.

may you prosper in heart body and soul

wow ms im sooo impressed

how old are you? so yr like a proper teacher?

i cd never do high school level teaching, kids need too much discipline.

i wdnt mind lecturing at college level though

someone told me if you do a PGCE they pay you 7 grand is that true

because ill do it , just to pay off my student loans

student loans are paid off if you become a teacher apparently

and you get a big heft grant as well

[size=7]i always wanted to shoo my teacher...and thats not a joke[/size]

serpah you teach self defence?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Seraph" wrote:
dont know how i ended up teaching self-defence.... i put it down to wrong place, wrong time... that and i couldnt say 'no' to Sensai.

cool, wot type do u teach?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Seraph" wrote:
dont know how i ended up teaching self-defence.... i put it down to wrong place, wrong time... that and i couldnt say 'no' to Sensai.

Let me guess. You teach the Jedi way?

Do your students get battered because they try to force-throw their enemies?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"fizzy1" wrote:
wow ms im sooo impressed

how old are you? so yr like a proper teacher?

i cd never do high school level teaching, kids need too much discipline.

i wdnt mind lecturing at college level though

I'm 21. I've been teaching voluntary on and off since I was 18. Only now I'm in paid in employment.

But I'm not a qualified teacher until I recieve my PGCE.

I could never do high school either...I've studied in one of the worst schools and even worked in failing high schools...I know that teaching in high school is hell.

You know whats sad though....Islamic schools is ideally where I've always wanted to teach. However, every Islamic school has rejected my CV. Even after I told them that I'd be more then happy to work voluntary.

In Islamic schools...its not just CV's and expereince that they look for. Its your family, your aqeedah, the mosque you attend etc etc which is sad.

I'd prob end up working in a catholic school in the future. Catholic schools don't seem to have an issue with me...and I'm always impressed with the high level of morals and manners that are instilled in the students.

theres 3 muslim schools in manchester....gave them a go?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Pages