Would you leave out some stuff?

If you met a person that did not know ANYTHING about modern society.

would you NOT tell/introduce/show them particular things from our modern society?

if yes, what? and why?
do you think it's fair?
what if they were under your supervision? aka. you had some authority on them, would that change the way you see things.
what about a child?

pick a scenario (random person, person you're in charge of or kid) and tell us what you think.

Youc ant tell someone everything about modern life in a quick conversation. No matter how detailed you are, it will still be an abridged version.

Some things they will have to experience themselves.

One thing though, even though times change, technology changes, there will always be something to compare against in the past, some sort of analogy.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

should have made myself clearer. you meet that person and take them with you. and have a long time to teach/not teach them stuff..

what do you leave out? it would be like, giving them the "perfect" society. by showing them only the good bits. would you do that? why not? and what "bad bits" would you leave off? that you think they'll be better off without ever coming across it?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Well in that i don't think i'll really leave anything out, just try to teach them all that i can. They're bound to come across these things at some point in their life. So it's better to teach them what good you can and warn them of the bad.

You don't wanna paint the perfect picture for them and then have them realise later on that it isn't so perfect after all. I don't see it having the best affect on people.

It's like me selling a car to someone telling them about all it's benefits and a brand new engine and not mentioning that the brakes aren't working.

As a supervisor it is your respnsibilty to go through a risk assessment with anyone under your supervision. You have to make them aware of any dangers they may face and you have to tell them how to deal with it. At the end though they still need to experience it to truly understand.

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

i would keep them away from tv.

(in the context that they are muslim and i can keep them away from it until they see no need for it)

it isnt rubbish. it sounds alright. something a bit like me. so coz im weak. i'd rather fully stay away. yeah. im that type.

I would not be trying to control my charge's life to the point of deceit. I would not "leave anything out" but I would devise an order of events that allows some time to acclimatise.

This was always one of my favourite dreams, as well as going back in time and being a great scientist except I am not a great scientist and would probably look stupid when I couldn't find anywhere to plug stuff in let alone explain how it works. So in my modified version I am not actually taking credit for anything, just having a good time.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Some of the ways historically used to prove scientific discoveries were quite... ingenius.

Like calculating the speed of light.

I need to read that again as I right now can't fathom how it was done.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i'd also leave out movies.