Are You A User?

Salaam

You know you get some people who on most days don’t want to know you but when they need you for help….or need you do something for them they suddenly remember you….And then after you’ve helped them out they do a disappearing act again.

Some people do this unintentionally whilst some don’t even realise that they do this…

It’s SO annoying and wrong.

Most of us are the same when it comes to our relationship with Allah (swt).

We need to undergo trials, sufferings, problems, deaths, misfortunes calamities etc etc for us to TRULY realize our dependency on the Superior Being.

We go into pious mode when something is bothering us…. our Sajde and prayers get longer when we want Him to solve our problems…

Must we always have an ulterior motive when performing our nawfil worship?

Its unfortunate, but something that we’re all guilty of….. I don’t know how to get the same level of fervour and intensity in my prayers when I’m not being bothered by something….like I do when I AM being bothered by something.

I have more concentration in my prayer when something is wrong, and find that I perform prayers in Ghafla (heedlessness) when things are all good.

There’s no real answer to this double standards. I’m not really inclined towards always wanting to undergo trials and tribulations so that I can fulfil the rights of worship…..

The Holy Qur’an mentions this double standard found in humans numerous times.

“And when distress afflicts a man he calls upon his Lord turning to Him frequently; then when He makes him possess a favor from Him, he forgets that for which he called upon Him before… 39.8

Allah (swt) has said that if you remember Me when your happy and in good health, I’ll remember you when your undergoing hardships.

And No one likes a user...

Any thoughts on the above?

Wasalaam

last week my mobile was ringing non stop cos an assignment was due in

I thought I was popular and finally getting good mates in Uni

I helped EVERYONE with their assignment-I told them to email their work to me and I'll help them with it

now that the assignment has been submitted my mobile has stop ringing

some people are such users :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
last week my mobile was ringing non stop cos an assignment was due in

I thought I was popular and finally getting good mates in Uni

I helped EVERYONE with their assignment-I told them to email their work to me and I'll help them with it

now that the assignment has been submitted my mobile has stop ringing

some people are such users :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

No way! You should feel proud! Invite them round for a party.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

"100man" wrote:

why should I feel proud?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"100man" wrote:

why should I feel proud?

Talk about fishing for compliments!

You should feel proud of having given of your talents to enhance the lives of so many people, and next time you should offer to study with them, not for them, to be an even greater contribution. And you should invite everyone over for a party.

[url= is a great album.
[img]

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

actually next time I'm just gonna pretend to be thick so they can all do their own bloody homework :evil:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
actually next time I'm just gonna pretend to be thick so they can all do their own bloody homework :evil:

nah dont that, just look over their assignments make them totally rubbish and have them talk bout anythin but what the assigments about....

Users....hmmm i dont think i knw any and i most defnitely dont use anyone, if i need help i ask lectureres or my mates but i never ask anyone to do an assignment for me, thats just plain lazy!

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Its unfortunate, but something that we’re all guilty of….. I don’t know how to get the same level of fervour and intensity in my prayers when I’m not being bothered by something….like I do when I AM being bothered by something.

I have more concentration in my prayer when something is wrong, and find that I perform prayers in Ghafla (heedlessness) when things are all good.

I have this problem, however it sometimes effect me the opposite way round, soo when i in a good state I tend to pray longer, however when i am stress i do get heedless in my prayer sometimes, because i can't seem to focus and my mind is all over the place. I guess that make me a user as well. As i find it easier to remember Allah swt in the good times.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Salam

It is true most people are concerned only with their purpose.

They establish a relationship with you in order to get the most out of you.

And afterwards, maybe weeks, years later, they act as if they dont know you.

These type of people are very selfish.

Their similitude is like that of mass consumers who care nothing for the environment. They go on destroying the Earth.

We see, therefore, that users are abusers.

Omrow

I have friends every time im selling stuff :evil:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

I have this problem, however it sometimes effect me the opposite way round, soo when i in a good state I tend to pray longer, however when i am stress i do get heedless in my prayer sometimes, because i can't seem to focus and my mind is all over the place. I guess that make me a user as well. As i find it easier to remember Allah swt in the good times.

Thats so weird...I'm the opposite. When I'm depressed or stressed out I turn to Allah (swt)....I start to spend more time on the prayer mat and increase my dua's.

When things are all good I just about do the basics. :oops:

There's a hadith that states "Get to know Him in times of ease and He'll be with you in times of hardships".

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Thats so weird...I'm the opposite. When I'm depressed or stressed out I turn to Allah (swt)....I start to spend more time on the prayer mat and increase my dua's.

When things are all good I just about do the basics. :oops:

There's a hadith that states "Get to know Him in times of ease and He'll be with you in times of hardships".

Nah, the thing with me is, i remember a scholar saying, before you read your prayer or do anything in ibadah take a few minute and remember all ur blessing. This help me when in prayer, but when I am stress or my mind is eslewhere, i struggle. Plus i feel really bad asking for more help in hardship, don't know why.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
Plus i feel really bad asking for more help in hardship, don't know why.

I get what you're saying...but if you don't ask/depend/rely on Him (swt) who can you ask?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
Plus i feel really bad asking for more help in hardship, don't know why.

I get what you're saying...but if you don't ask/depend/rely on Him (swt) who can you ask?

i think you kind of asnwer that question for me in another thread

"MuslimSister" wrote:

But being too fatalistic in certain stuff makes me lazy...sometimes I think, why should I bother doing stuff as I'm going to get what's coming to me anyway... :?

But I do on ocassion ask and do dua for other, hoping it would lead to what i want as well.

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:

But I do on ocassion ask and do dua for other, hoping it would lead to what i want as well.

but there's no such thing as dua and no action

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

but there's no such thing as dua and no action

That wasn't what I meant, my point was that in time of hardship, I am much more willing to accept whatever happen, because i personally find it much more easier to overcome difficulities with this attitude. Me doing Dua for other is for the betterment of them.

[url=http//