52% (15 votes)
Somebody Told Me To
14% (4 votes)
Just For The Sake Of It
17% (5 votes)
Because I Have Facebook And Every Other Site In The World To
10% (3 votes)
Total votes: 29

I tried to join it because i thought yeah i'll learn abit about my religion but its been no help at all Blum 3

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

if you can get me some chocolate that would be great.

mush91 wrote:
n but its been no help at all Blum 3

with the " Blum 3 " I can't tell if you're being serious or not lol but if you are, why not? what is the site lacking? And why do you come back here, if your purpose isn't being fulfilled?

I joined the site just for the sake of it.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

lol shut your nose i only come back on here because sometimes people write interesting things lol and i already made it so oh well lol
and its lacking proper information thats what its lacking lol
people are talking about what tatoos they want to get or girl boxers and reh reh reh in a modern way lol
dont tell me you dont agree please! Blum 3

yeah i gues your reasons a better reason to stay on this more than mine Blum 3 lol

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

mush91 wrote:
lol shut your nose

Lol that's a new one! Btw I was genuinely asking/wondering not trying to be annoying or anything Smile
mush91 wrote:
i only come back on here because sometimes people write interesting things lol and i already made it so oh well lol
fair enough, The latter is why I stayed too at first, although its a lame reason.
Quote:

and its lacking proper information
You can get "proper" information by clicking on the things under the "quick links" section << left hand side of the site. Also yes there are some random stuff discussed but there are also some good discussions sometimes which can be found if you search through the topics OR you could create a topic on what you want to know about Wink Smile
Quote:

people are talking about what tatoos they want to get or girl boxers and reh reh reh in a modern way lol

Doesn't seem like s.b.f knew tatoos were haraam tbf. Nothing wrong with discussing girl boxing since it happens and people may just want other peoples opinions on it - that is what forums are for; to discuss/debate topics. But I don't understand what you mean by "modern way"
Quote:

I agree there can be a load of rubbish on here all at once Smile (and then sometimes theres quite a bit of good discussion) but the people and their thoughts are what make the site - so you have the ability to change that by discussing things you think should be discussed etc. Smile Plus the forums are only one form of information on this site - theres also articles, Q+A's with shaykhs, blogs, etc. Btw which articles in mag did you think weren't Islamic?

Quote:
yeah i gues your reasons a better reason to stay on this more than mine Blum 3 lol
Biggrin

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

yeah it is
now quiet why would you be happy about what i just said STOP SMILING DUDE Biggrin lol i almost was going to laugh at work and is so quiet here you dont know lol Blum 3

mush91 wrote:
yeah it is
now quiet why would you be happy about what i just said STOP SMILING DUDE Biggrin lol i almost was going to laugh at work and is so quiet here you dont know lol Blum 3

LOL I wish you did laugh! Blum 3

yo quiet quiet Sad
if i laughed they wouldve all stared at me like what the hell is wrong wih you boy and i wouldve been like nothing and became embarased and then tried to unsuccessfully bully you on here for embarasing me Blum 3

mush91 wrote:
yo quiet quiet Sad
if i laughed they wouldve all stared at me like what the hell is wrong wih you boy and i wouldve been like nothing and became embarased and then tried to unsuccessfully bully you on here for embarasing me Blum 3

LOL!
But you gotta embarrass yourself at one point - we've all done it so you gotta too - to be officially part of the revival crew Blum 3

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
mush91 wrote:
yo quiet quiet Sad

LOL!
But you gotta embarrass yourself at one point - we've all done it so you gotta too - to be officially part of the revival crew Blum 3

so its kinda an initiation thing (lol that reminded me about the one in Nemo Lol ), what was ur embarrassing mo then???? lol

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:
mush91 wrote:
yo quiet quiet Sad

LOL!

so its kinda an initiation thing (lol that reminded me about the one in Nemo Lol ), what was ur embarrassing mo then???? lol

i think we all had embarassing moments i just had toooo much its too funny lol
what embarassing moment did you lot have?...

oh..i openly laugh out loud to my computer when im on revival
and sometimes i have this constant grin on my face, at the end of my revival time, my poor cheek muscles HURT
and ive gone on revival on my phone and walked around the streets and became a public Danger (edited)
and i've stayed on revival until the early hours not doing very much
and i've seen time fly SO FAST while i was on revival.

ohh, talking about the topic, i joined after i got one of the mag, at muslim expo some years ago.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
oh..i openly laugh out loud to my computer when im on revival
and sometimes i have this constant grin on my face, at the end of my revival time, my poor cheek muscles HURT
and ive gone on revival on my phone and walked around the streets and became a public gender
and i've stayed on revival until the early hours not doing very much
and i've seen time fly SO FAST while i was on revival.

ohh, talking about the topic, i joined after i got one of the mag, at muslim expo some years ago.

that seems to be good
omg that happened to me on friday
i was at work and i started laughing lol

mush91 wrote:
lol shut your nose i only come back on here because sometimes people write interesting things lol and i already made it so oh well lol

I agree, sometimes the forum can be more of fitnah than a help to your imaan. It is a free for all forum and people normally post their OPINIONS about important religious issues which may not always be in compliance with the shariah. We have mostly young people on the forum some may not be very knowledgeable about Islam and shariah and may adopt these OPINIONS as legitimate without verifying it with and alim first. This in my opinion can be detrimental and would lead to a person being mislead rather than learning about Islam. May allah guide us. Ameen.

Also many topics are just chit chat rather than Islamic knowledge, some have an islamic flavour but thats about it.

Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me.
-Imam Al-Ghazali

To those who find the site lacking authority or overly diverse: As a semi-resident non-Muslim on the site, having joined to be in discussion with Muslims rather than specifically to learn about Islam, for me this site is about the magazine, which is not a legal document but a social totem, and the forum, which again is not set up as an authority. The site obviously covers Islamic topics but should it do so as an authority? It is all Islam but does everyone here subscribe to quite the same rulings? If there are members here with secular inclinations it seems the site is performing a service as an open social hub, and if there are members with religious inclinations this is an opportunity to share views, but rather than either fearing fitnah or closing your minds this site is a social education, possibly even a key niche in the Ummah. It is about learning from one another and not at all about passing out judgements and rulings. There are sites for that and they are mostly either technical reference points or really alienating. My opinion fwiw.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

zdc wrote:
mush91 wrote:

I agree, sometimes the forum can be more of fitnah than a help to your imaan. It is a free for all forum and people normally post their OPINIONS about important religious issues which may not always be in compliance with the shariah. We have mostly young people on the forum some may not be very knowledgeable about Islam and shariah and may adopt these OPINIONS as legitimate without verifying it with and alim first. This in my opinion can be detrimental and would lead to a person being mislead rather than learning about Islam. May allah guide us. Ameen.

Also many topics are just chit chat rather than Islamic knowledge, some have an islamic flavour but thats about it.

Agree totally dude
and to be honest im not all that knowledgable about islam myself which is the reason i thought it'll be good to join this site
but thank god im not easily mislead Biggrin

Joie de Vivre wrote:
To those who find the site lacking authority or overly diverse: As a semi-resident non-Muslim on the site, having joined to be in discussion with Muslims rather than specifically to learn about Islam, for me this site is about the magazine, which is not a legal document but a social totem, and the forum, which again is not set up as an authority. The site obviously covers Islamic topics but should it do so as an authority? It is all Islam but does everyone here subscribe to quite the same rulings? If there are members here with secular inclinations it seems the site is performing a service as an open social hub, and if there are members with religious inclinations this is an opportunity to share views, but rather than either fearing fitnah or closing your minds this site is a social education, possibly even a key niche in the Ummah. It is about learning from one another and not at all about passing out judgements and rulings. There are sites for that and they are mostly either technical reference points or really alienating. My opinion fwiw.

ok i really dont know what to say except the magazine and the site both say the voice of the muslim youth and with that i think it should have more of an islamic context to it and its ok to have other subjects dont get me wrong but in some situations e.g the magazine, i've read things which did not corespond with islamic teachings, isnt that wrong?....
on the site from what it says its about i think it should be about what it says lol rather than a mojority of everything else in the world Blum 3 (my opinion)

its always good to express opinion so yeah it was worth it dude Biggrin

mush91 wrote:

ok i really dont know what to say except the magazine and the site both say the voice of the muslim youth

That seems to be what it is, not a catalogue of religious decrees.

I appreciate it could be an intellectual and theology thing, sort of an online madrassah, but I think it is deliberately not that at all, and a lot less formal. You can always start threads about those things though. Smile

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joie de Vivre wrote:
... It is about learning from one another and not at all about passing out judgements and rulings. There are sites for that and they are mostly either technical reference points or really alienating. My opinion fwiw.

Smile
mush91 wrote:

ok i really dont know what to say except the magazine and the site both say the voice of the muslim youth and with that i think it should have more of an islamic context to it
Islam is a way of life and so *not* limited to actions like praying, worshipping etc. Therefore a lot of the things that are discussed on here are the things that affect us as people living in a community AS WELL AS just by being Muslim. Yes we go off on one, and sometimes totally go off topic (which is extremely annoying sometimes) but its what makes it more interesting to learn and what brings everyone back as its not just a bunch of strict people telling each other off etc etc.
As Joey said if you want to learn about things related to worship etc in Islam then there are plenty of sites for that.
Quote:
e.g the magazine, i've read things which did not corespond with islamic teachings, isnt that wrong?....
You keep saying that but not giving the example!!!
Quote:

on the site from what it says its about i think it should be about what it says lol rather than a mojority of everything else in the world Blum 3 (my opinion)

you can steer the way the site runs but creating topics on whatever you think is more suitable for such a site.

It's slogan is "voice of the muslim youth" and thats what it is as it allows us to have our say on whatever matter that may be

Smile

Joie de Vivre wrote:
... It is about learning from one another and not at all about passing out judgements and rulings. There are sites for that and they are mostly either technical reference points or really alienating. My opinion fwiw.

Smile
mush91 wrote:

ok i really dont know what to say except the magazine and the site both say the voice of the muslim youth and with that i think it should have more of an islamic context to it
Islam is a way of life and so *not* limited to actions like praying, worshipping etc. Therefore a lot of the things that are discussed on here are the things that affect us as people living in a community AS WELL AS just by being Muslim. Yes we go off on one, and sometimes totally go off topic (which is extremely annoying sometimes) but its what makes it more interesting to learn and what brings everyone back as its not just a bunch of strict people telling each other off etc etc.
As Joey said if you want to learn about things related to worship etc in Islam then there are plenty of sites for that.
Quote:
e.g the magazine, i've read things which did not corespond with islamic teachings, isnt that wrong?....
You keep saying that but not giving the example!!!
Quote:

you can steer the way the site runs but creating topics on whatever you think is more suitable for such a site.

It's slogan is "voice of the muslim youth" and thats what it is as it allows us to have our say on whatever matter that may be

Smile

shut your nose dude your trying to bully me arent you? Sad
i see it lol Wink

mush91 wrote:

i see it lol Wink

LOL i wasn't even trying to be funny! So i hope my "bullying" has got my message across.

SEE even you are contributing to the "chit chat" so you can't complain! Blum 3

BTW i really do want to know what you're on about the mag having UnIslamic stuff in it, so cmonnn show us! Smile

mush91 wrote:

i see it lol Wink

LOL i wasn't even trying to be funny! So i hope my "bullying" has got my message across.

SEE even you are contributing to the "chit chat" so you can't complain! Blum 3

BTW i really do want to know what you're on about the mag having UnIslamic stuff in it, so cmonnn show us! Smile

watch one day i will and you wont be so eger then
when i go home im going to look for the magazine in my house that i saw it on and you'll see Blum 3

I-m so happy here are all the previous mags. Click on the cover and all the articles will come up and you can quickly quote it too, without having to type it up Wink

I-m so happy here are all the previous mags. Click on the cover and all the articles will come up and you can quickly quote it too, without having to type it up Wink

hey dude theres one thats suppose to be about death i think it was or black magic or jinn i cant remember find me that issue i'll show you Blum 3
i dont know which one it is but it was in that article Blum 3

mush91 wrote:

hey dude theres one thats suppose to be about death i think it was or black magic or jinn i cant remember find me that issue i'll show you Blum 3
i dont know which one it is but it was in that article Blum 3

Do i look like you're PA?

has an article on death
has an article on blackmagic and jinn.

"We don't teach you what to think - just how to think."

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

You know that's actually worrying - cuz you've actually had some affect on me [see the pilger topic]. I think i should be less influenecable if you get what i mean by that made up word. Blum 3

Being in a place where people are comfortable to be Muslim and also not be immediately jumped on when presenting an idea or thought can be a good thing. Though I do often jump on ideas and stamp on them til they are long in the grave.

and if any member feels that a particular side is neglected on the site and needs more coverage, discussion etc, its a self serving environment - create your own topics means you dont get spoon fed.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

You know that's actually worrying - cuz you've actually had some affect on me [see the pilger topic]. I think i should be less influenecable if you get what i mean by that made up word. Blum 3

lol haha ok isnt that kind of the same as telling us what to think because it just means your influencing the way we think? Blum 3

Why are the forums a fitnah?

PofS: "do i look like your PA" *goes to look for articles" (:lol:)

OI MUSH, GET BACK TO HER WITH THAT. or you're really gona get bullied...

love Rev, but im extremely bias.

its better than being on another forum, that hasnt got an islamic side to it. you have to admit, the muslimness of it keeps us in line. and it does reflect in how we talk and act towards each other. and if it doesnt, then it should.

Revival is also a pretty small community and everyone gets to know eacher other unlike a massive forum with lots of different discussions and you only get to know a few people (if any).

Rev is unique (or i dont know how to explain it/havent come across anything like it)

not following a particular madhabs doesnt make us less "islamic".

if you have a religious debate to have, then post a topic,
but we cant keep the religious topics running forever, limit to knowledge, limit to people with knowledge, limit to questions to be asked.

about the bold: i know its being said a few times. but thats coz its true. and its the only way.

thinking isnt simple. telling us what to think and how to think are two different things. its like you saying being taught the answer (by heart) of the exam and being taught how to factorise's the same thing..hmm...

dont worry, soon you will have a little revival voice going off at the side of your head telling you how to think and do things...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Pages