Mean Girls

I've been thinking, a lot people are, well, pretty mean to one another, to say the least.

Why is this exactly? When we're told time and time again that we should be just with each other, love each other, live as brothers (and sisters)?

As Muslims we have a responsibility not to make people feel low about themselves, we should help one another grow, progress - should we not?

I get that we use sarcasm (i do anyway) but there's a line that a person shouldn't cross - you don't purposely make someone feel inferior.

'O Believers! Let No Man Mock Another Man, Who May Perhaps Be better Than He'
[Surah 49: Ayah 11]

Just my opinion, the floor is open now Smile

Maybe because you're expected to be nice and sometimes have les than nice thoughts which are held back, when a situation arises where eg one person does something not nice or responds, the rest act in pack mentality, thinking "finally, I can get this off my chest", and because it is all at once, it can be ... not limited or proportional, where the actions are egged on by each other.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Maybe because you're expected to be nice and sometimes have les than nice thoughts which are held back, when a situation arises where eg one person does something not nice or responds, the rest act in pack mentality, thinking "finally, I can get this off my chest", and because it is all at once, it can be ... not limited or proportional, where the actions are egged on by each other.

That doesn't justify it though - sometimes a person can be mentally affected by whatever mean stuff you say to them. That's not to say i'm perfect, i'm not but still try whenever you can right?

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

I am not defending it, just suggesting that that may be the popular path taken.

Being a sheep can sometimes be too easy.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
I am not defending it, just suggesting that that may be the popular path taken.

Being a sheep can sometimes be too easy.

Yeh that's true - esp while being in the moment

Ocean wrote:
why are girls in question?

Just because I've come across the mean-ness of girls but you're right let's make it more general..

*Editing Post*

Ocean wrote:

Girls are mean Smile

s.b.f wrote:
Ocean wrote:

Girls are mean Smile

Wateva! :x

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

Geez girls ARE mean, and sometimes they dont even KNOW why they are mean.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Nasheedgirl wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
Ocean wrote:

Girls are mean Smile

Exactly the point.

Lilly wrote:

Maybe they're born with it, maybe it's maybelline!

THE GENE OF MEANNESS?!

AND THE HUSBAND VALUE!

gee...whats the link...

Truth's_Razors wrote:
Lilly wrote:

Maybe they're born with it, maybe it's maybelline!

LOl

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

I think girls are definately ALOT more moodier than guys.

Maybe we're just mistaking moody for being mean.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

I would disagree.

I agree that girls do have a tendancy of being slightly moody at times...

However most girls are just plain mean. I find guys to be much more easy going, relaxed and erm fun I guess. But with girls, uff you got to make sure you talk properly, not say a word wrong otherwise they will take it to be a wrong meaning and they are just rude for NO reason whatsoever, they gossip and back bite much more than guys do and they always fine a point to criticise...

am I sounding like guys now :oops:

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

Bijou wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

I would disagree.

I agree that girls do have a tendancy of being slightly moody at times...

However most girls are just plain mean. I find guys to be much more easy going, relaxed and erm fun I guess. But with girls, uff you got to make sure you talk properly, not say a word wrong otherwise they will take it to be a wrong meaning and they are just rude for NO reason whatsoever, they gossip and back bite much more than guys do and they always fine a point to criticise...

+1

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

There's no point denying it.

Try putting a bunch of girls together in a room. They won't last a day.

MuslimBro wrote:
Nasheedgirl wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
Ocean wrote:

Girls are mean Smile

Exactly the point.

Lol...:D

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

Ocean wrote:

and regarding lasting a day in a room. I lasted quite a long time than a day so i have no idea where in the world women wouldn't last a day in the same room.

And if you (as a woman) can't appreciate the diversity in personalities among women and the other less common of the species then I think you've just common across the odd outlier!

Lol

Nah, just thinking of four groups of girls who can't stick living with each other and it all boils down to petty problems. So I generalised.

Ocean wrote:
That wa squite funny right? I thought so too

Do you think women compete against each other when theres no need?

Ocean wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
Ocean wrote:
That wa squite funny right? I thought so too

Do you think women compete against each other when theres no need?

Everyone with an ego does.
and those who claim NOT to have an ego, they do it too. Not just women.

Aint that how natural selection works? it's pretty natural.

This topic is about women, so I was asking just about women.

Nothing wrong with that. Ego can be good sometimes- I think.

s.b.f wrote:

This topic is about women, so I was asking just about women.

Nothing wrong with that. Ego can be good sometimes- I think.

(Changed it to people in general - the title is just a reference to the film Mean Girls)

Ocean wrote:
*scoff*

Yeah "wotever" does seem to cover it. Just because the female species seem to care or compared to the male specimens, we actually give a damn and that we're a lot more open! does that make us mean?

You might like to put yourself low but i don't, no thanks. I'm quite content with how I operate and so I will not be joining in with the rest of the forum thinking I am in the wrong because when I am, I know.

pffft

Behind every successful man there's a (potentially mean) woman!
But who's behind a succesful woman? (I won't say)

and regarding lasting a day in a room. I lasted quite a long time than a day so i have no idea where in the world women wouldn't last a day in the same room.

Also, women do have a weird way of finding mutual ground. If this involves sharpened claws, shouting and hair pulling, it usually ends positively because they then realise that they have more in common than they thought!

And if you (as a woman) can't appreciate the diversity in personalities among women and the other less common of the species then I think you've just common across the odd outlier!

Enough. I'm wuite shocked at how little you girls think of your own selves! In fact you're being mean to women Blum 3 pot. kettle?

Mooooooooooooooo Biggrin

Ocean wrote:
*scoff*

Yeah "wotever" does seem to cover it. Just because the female species seem to care or compared to the male specimens, we actually give a damn and that we're a lot more open! does that make us mean?

You might like to put yourself low but i don't, no thanks. I'm quite content with how I operate and so I will not be joining in with the rest of the forum thinking I am in the wrong because when I am, I know.

pffft

Also, women do have a weird way of finding mutual ground. If this involves sharpened claws, shouting and hair pulling, it usually ends positively because they then realise that they have more in common than they thought!

Enough. I'm wuite shocked at how little you girls think of your own selves! In fact you're being mean to women Blum 3 pot. kettle?

LOL

It's got nothing to do with thinking low of ourselves - well i certainly don't think low of myself because I'm mean...that's mainly because i'm not mean, though Blum 3

diversity in personality?

You don't have to be mean to show that you care :/

I agree men can be "mean" but then they're more likely to get over stuff to, instead of making a big deal about it, holding grudges and backbiting etc. Generally.
Whereas it's the opposite for women. Generally.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Ocean wrote:
*scoff*

pffft

LOL

It's got nothing to do with thinking low of ourselves - well i certainly don't think low of myself because I'm mean...that's mainly because i'm not mean, though Blum 3

diversity in personality?

You don't have to be mean to show that you care :/

I agree men can be "mean" but then they're more likely to get over stuff to, instead of making a big deal about it, holding grudges and backbiting etc. Generally.
Whereas it's the opposite for women. Generally.

OR men are just better at hiding it.

this topic concerns "people" MINUS revivalers.

im pretty sure revivelettes would survive JUST FINE in a room for a day. (Y)

Lilly wrote:

And the Revival-udes? (you used 'ers' in a general sense so thought i'd combine it with dudes grinnn)

Truth's_Razors wrote:
Lilly wrote:

And the Revival-udes? (you used 'ers' in a general sense so thought i'd combine it with dudes grinnn)

ohh..don't know you? they are pretty much flawless arent they? (duh! common sense!)

and wouldnt it be revivalets?

Lilly wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:
Lilly wrote:

ohh..don't know you? they are pretty much flawless arent they? (duh! common sense!)

Weeellllll i'm not going to say since it may not be true - i think they should come and defend themselves - THEMSELVES, - guys - guys - guyssssssss?

No answer.

Revivalets? The spelling is good but the word sounds the same so prob not?

Truth's_Razors wrote:
Lilly wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:
Lilly wrote:

Weeellllll i'm not going to say since it may not be true - i think they should come and defend themselves - THEMSELVES, - guys - guys - guyssssssss?

No answer.

Revivalets? The spelling is good but the word sounds the same so prob not?

what did i say that they would need to defend themselves to?!?!?!

euh..well in frech you wouldnt pronounce the T but that sounds kinda weird in english...so...revivaludes? <-- mouthful..cant think of any good one...

Lilly wrote:

what did i say that they would need to defend themselves to?!?!?!

You didn't say anything - i was talking about the male/female debate in terms of the website - if that makes sense.

Pages