Wearing Perfume

Abu Musa al-Ash’ari said:

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

“Any woman who puts on perfume then passes by people so that they can smell her fragrance, is an adulteress.”

So women shouldn't wear perfume (outside the home or except for her husband) because it can stimulate male desires, attract them to the woman etc BUT what about men who wear cologne? Does that not excite female desires in the same way, is it not the same thing?

Another thing. What about attar (for both men and women)?

ARGHHH ON SATURDAY! this girl put attar on me!!!! and i needed to go out! >.<

i had to like, wave my scarf around, wash my hand, and like, put water over my stuffs (jilbaab, scarf), scary stuff that was...

plus it didnt smell nice, i think it went off...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Do women bathe in the stuff?

I find sometimes that the scent of their perfume just lingers in a room well after they've left.

Back in BLACK

I put attar on during Salah time.

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

Truth's_Razors wrote:

“Any woman who puts on perfume then passes by people so that they can smell her fragrance, is an adulteress.”

Why is she an adultress?

s.b.f wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:

Why is she an adultress?

bcoz she is trying to lure them with her perfume. Its her intent.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:

Why is she an adultress?

Lure them?

THEM?

Her intent?

How do you know this just from the smelling her perfume?

Be honest.

Have you ever felt lured into something because of a perfume smell?

Ocean wrote:
What if it ISN'T her intent?

What if you smell of home fragrances... like spiced apple or lavender?

exactly. I think this I-m so happy only applies if its her intent. Altho thats jst my opinon.

Back in BLACK

s.b.f wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:

Why is she an adultress?

Lure them?

THEM?

Her intent?

How do you know this just from the smelling her perfume?

Be honest.

Have you ever felt lured into something because of a perfume smell?

Yes lure them, as in to seduce guys. As in, was it her intention to seduce them or to attract their gaze.

I dont know how you'd know this. Im not such a woman lol.

LOL at the last bit. And no, but it has certainly made me aware of certain women purely based on their perfume. Like makes them more noticeable.

Back in BLACK

s.b.f wrote:

Why is she an adultress?

I've always thought it's because guys will be attracted to the smell (whether that was her intention or not) which may cause Zina (of the eyes, ears, mouth - if the latter two are possible - i think they could be).

It's kinda like the Hijaab, a woman wears it partly to help men lower their gaze which is why we shouldn't wear perfume as it'll attract rather than repel (ok not REPEL REPEL but 'not draw attention to').

BUT a guy wearing nice cologne/after-shave/fragrance, draws attention to himself and attracts chicks too (hence the forum).

Bijou wrote:
I put attar on during Salah time.

I do too - well recently at least. Although again i read:

Zaynab al-Thaqafiyyah reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
'If any one of you (women) goes out to the mosque, let her not touch any perfume.'

But that's just for the Masjid right? So general ruling = not in public places?

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

If women didn't lave the kitchen, there would be none of them out there to smell the cologne.

You get me?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Remember people that context is important too.

Intention will also matter and if the perfume is used as a tool of the trade, then its use will also be condemned.

Sometimes when translations of ahadith are read without an understandinf of the time, their understanding may not always be simple - something that is metaphorical can be taken as a literal or vice versa. It does not help that some scholars will take the more ... conservative option and suggest that that is the only meaning.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
If women didn't lave the kitchen, there would be none of them out there to smell the cologne.

You get me?

Bah Humbug

Ocean wrote:

LOL at the last bit. And no, but it has certainly made me aware of certain women purely based on their perfume. Like makes them more noticeable

Food?

?

Back in BLACK

You wrote:

You get me?

:O

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

@ Seraphim: clicked on the savethehijaabi link and the first thing i read was:

'"Who? Or what are you?"
"Think of me as your personal Guardian Angel." I chuckled.
Her eyes widened by a fraction before she went bright red and looked away but said nothing. I could tell she was embarrassed and it was hard not to grin. The wind changed direction and I caught a whiff of her floral scent.'

Even she wears perfume Biggrin

Truth's_Razors wrote:

'"Who? Or what are you?"
Her eyes widened by a fraction before she went bright red and looked away but said nothing. I could tell she was embarrassed and it was hard not to grin. The wind changed direction and I caught a whiff of her floral scent.'

she sounds like a pretty hijabi who GA has got a thing for...ofcourse she's gna wear seductive perfume! ^_^

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:

'"Who? Or what are you?"

she sounds like a pretty hijabi who GA has got a thing for...ofcourse she's gna wear seductive perfume! ^_^

Now we know what you would do!

Truth's_Razors wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:

'"Who? Or what are you?"

yes, i'd wear loads of make up, and jewellery and anything that makes a sound and makes me more noticeable too...
Blum 3

Truth's_Razors wrote:

yes, i'd wear loads of make up, and jewellery and anything that makes a sound and makes me more noticeable too...
Blum 3

HEELS Biggrin

Truth's_Razors wrote:

HEELS Biggrin

you know what? i wrote down "make up, heels and anything else..." but decided to take out heels for some reason? i thought maybe the girls would have some problem with that or something lol

and like all good stories, we know that she is not really a damsel in distress but a planted evil minion to foil the protagonists plans.

Truth's_Razors wrote:

HEELS Biggrin

you know what? i wrote down "make up, heels and anything else..." but decided to take out heels for some reason? i thought maybe the girls would have some problem with that or something lol

Yeh i thought twice too but hey as much as i love them, they make noise!

I saw the prettiest hijaabi ever the other day. Perfect face. Not too skinny. And she had the most brilliant smile ever.

Just thought I'd mention it here.

Truth's_Razors wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:

HEELS Biggrin

yay! i'm glad we're on the same wavelength Smile

Truth's_Razors wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:

HEELS Biggrin

Yup mentally like two peas in a pod Smile

Truth's_Razors wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:

HEELS Biggrin

which would be like what? clones? twins? same genetic makeup? or maybe its the "time in the pod" that causes the similarities?

there's more than two peas in a pod, i'm sure...

and Truth. trust you to come up with the Guardian Angel extract, that just made me lol, maybe its her natural scent?

Truth's_Razors wrote:
]

Biggrin
Lilly wrote:
maybe its her natural scent?

:roll:

Truth's_Razors wrote:
Truth's_Razors wrote:

HEELS Biggrin

apparently u can get rubber put on the heels so they dnt do the clickety-clack

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

It's not fair that men can go out wearing yummy aftershave Sad (I just like the aftershave, I wouldn't mind wearing it mmmm)

It's not fair that men can go out wearing yummy aftershave Sad (I just like the aftershave, I wouldn't mind wearing it mmmm)

linx africa? hehe

but dude, you dont start imagining stuff when you smell a guy's aftershave..right...whereas guys... wait..is this is girl's section?

Pages