Yemen Claims Would-Be Bomber Surrounded

Yemen security forces have surrounded a house where a suspect believed to have sent explosive packages headed to the United States is hiding, Yemen's president said on Saturday.

"National security are sealing off a house in which there is a woman believed to have sent the packages," Ali Abdullah Saleh told a news conference, but he did not give the location of the house or any further details.

If you didn't follow this:

I've given up watching movies, as the various News Channels are so much more interesting.

They are saying she has been arrested.

I wonder if she expected to get away... or if someone else stole her identity...

We should get dripfed more information at some point.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

If they had blown up synagogues it would not have been boring and I would be hoping to see some really serious condemnation of such a thing and some fraternity.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

I don't think it needs any additional condemnation just because it was posted to Jewish places.

On the other hand I would love to see anyone try to defend this - trying to attack a place of worship.

There are also questions of the tip off - the explosives were not detected, but were found out about by some means of a tip off (or monitoring, but the news seems to suggest a tip off), so who was the person who did that?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
I don't think it needs any additional condemnation just because it was posted to Jewish places.

That's true though. At the same time the people who would celebrate such a thing are people who brief incessantly against Jews and Israel, and I was just thinking I sure hope if something like this happened such people would struggle to find a Muslim ear.

Quote:
There are also questions of the tip off - the explosives were not detected, but were found out about by some means of a tip off (or monitoring, but the news seems to suggest a tip off), so who was the person who did that?

East Midlands Airport found wires attached to what was supposed to be an ink cartridge and raised the alarm here. Maybe Saudi intel knew instantly who was responsible, they are saying it was this lady in Yemen, but whether they also had enough details for a specific tip-off IDK.

I heard in Shayklh Hamza Yusuf that some guy wront a book in 1951 who thought that the wests conflict with the SOviet Union would be temporary and then after that there would be a new clash with islam/Muslims. He highlighted two places where he thought that clash would be most prominent: Afghanistan and Yemen.

You wrote:
some guy wront a book in 1951 who thought

That would be interesting if we knew who. Predictions are often designed either to be self-fulfilling or to serve an existing agenda.

It was actually a series of essays in 1947. Written by someone called "Arnold Toynbee". He names three places according to the : Saudi-Arabia, Afghanistan and Yemen

! Anyway he missed a lot of other places. :doubt:

I notice he supported the Greeks and then, when the war was over, switched his support to the Turks, and he sided very influentially with Zionists and then, when Israel was established, became an opponent. And...

As an influential opinion shaper, Toynbee was invited to have a private interview with Adolf Hitler in the Reichskanzlei (Reich Chancellery) in 1936. Hitler emphasized his limited expansionist aim of building a greater German nation, and his desire for British understanding and cooperation. Toynbee was convinced of Hitler's sincerity, and endorsed Hitler's message in a confidential memorandum for the British prime minister and foreign secretary.

Can't say I give a toss what he wrote. :?

Predictably, the lady whose house was surrounded was acting on orders from much higher up. It was indeed a Saudi who was responsible, Ibrahim Hassan Al-Asiri.

I just came across a blog that has posed a vrey valid question...

There is something fishy with the latest "printer bomb" reports.

One one hand, they claim the parcels were adressed to "jewish synagogues in Chicago". On the other hand, they claim they were meant to explode in the air.

So: why would you address them to a synagogue then? Sending a parcel from Jemen to a synagogue probably is a sure thing to have it thoroughly checked?

The person things this is a "terror lie" campaign, where a bogus threat is being manufactured.

Now it is always in the Muslim interest to lose focus on a thing like this. I find the urge to contradict the evidence, when al Qaeda exists in fact and fights in fact, either malicious, or in your case puerile. Just my thoughts.

If you want to dig deep in search of truth it is commendable.

I wasnt digging at all. That just came up while I was doing my normal routine of browsing a few technilogy related blogs (in this instance off the aggregator for Gnome software developers - Planet Gnome.)

Its not what you think it is.

Its software related: