Time Management

How do you manage your time?

okay. I have decided a little nap in the library is not all that bad.

s.b.f wrote:
I have decided a little nap in the library is not all that bad.

Agreed.

Sleep be important.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Time management is one of my strengths - when I'm at work I usually have 30odd childrens reports churned out way before the deadline.

The reason why I can do things quickly is cos I cant stand spending too long on any given activity (so I never procrastinate) and I use every spare moment getting the task done. i.e. if I'm cooking, whilst the rice is boiling I've cleaned the kitchen.... When I'm at work, when the kids are at their breaktime, I've marked their books/done the reports (so I take nothing home)... whilst I'm getting changed, my toast is in the toaster and when I'm driving I'm usually eating my lunch/breakfast etc etc

I think I'm efficient but my husband thinks I'm way too hasty - either way, as long as I've got the job done quickly and I don't have a pile of 'to do' chores hanging over my head - I'm happy.

s.b.f wrote:
How do you manage your time?

Normally I'm alrite but atm its really bad. Because it's the holidays, I'm coming onto the revival too often and wasting time watching programmes online. I have to cut down very soon.

Gonna start my dissertation after I get my books, and classes start after Eid, so will come here less often.

MuslimSister wrote:
Time management is one of my strengths

Used to be mine too. Will get it back.

MuslimBro wrote:
I'm coming onto the revival too often and wasting time watching programmes online. I have to cut down very soon.

Same goal plan.

MuslimSister wrote:
whilst I'm getting changed, my toast is in the toaster

:shock: Oh my God.

I've always been a bad one for procrastinating, really, really bad. In sixth form I got really fit and good at distance running. Why? because I was habitually late getting out of the house and so would only have 15 minutes to get to college. Rather wait for a bus that might or might not come on time, I ended up regularly running two miles WITH huge, bulging files in my back-pack.

Good times.

Since final year of uni and especially since getting a job AND having MYL duties too, I've found I've learned to manage my time better. Bsically it's like this: do your homework as soon as you get it and finish it.

That's it, Nothing else is needed. You can talk about cutting this and that out of your routine, but essentially if you just do stuff as soon as it shows up on your radar, you will have so much more time free! Smile

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dawud wrote:

I've always been a bad one for procrastinating, really, really bad. In sixth form I got really fit and good at distance running. Why? because I was habitually late getting out of the house and so would only have 15 minutes to get to college. Rather wait for a bus that might or might not come on time, I ended up regularly running two miles WITH huge, bulging files in my back-pack.

hehe

btw i thought MuslimBro had written that first post, and i was thinking "what? children??" lol

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Dawud wrote:
...I ended up regularly running two miles WITH huge, bulging files in my back-pack.

Yesterday I was carrying a rucksack along with two carrier bags full of revival mags to the mosque to distribute. I tried running with it but I only managed to run a few meters and then gave up :oops:

Two miles!...I couldn't do that.

I used to cycle before but I can't be bothered now so getting a scooter soon.

I would rather just me late!

(saying that, I have ran a few yards to catch a bus.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Not when its your 1st day at work.... which happened to me :oops:

You wrote:
(saying that, I have ran a few yards to catch a bus.)

I wouldn't run for a train/bus. I've seen other people do it and its embarrassing when the train/bus shuts the door in their face and leaves.

MuslimBro wrote:
You wrote:

Yes I would!

You wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:
You wrote:

Yes I would!

I'm surprised you've still got a job.

You wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:
You wrote:

Yes I would!

Tutut punctuality is important!
-----

I think...im going to try Dawud's idea. the "as soon as it shows on the radar" <--ohh i really love this simple, yet AWESOME image.
I am utterly in awe now Dawud. Two miles in 15 mins? i hope you've kept it up! (running is like Eeman, if you dont keep it up, it goes doooowwwwnnnnn)

I WANT TO RUN AGAIN!! (jilbaabs not being the most comfy thing to run it) hence! i was thinking, i should get a treadmill as dowry :D. Orrr...... a trip to some Muslim country to learn to speak arabic fluently

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
I WANT TO RUN AGAIN!!

lol - Sorry, but that sounds like your really obese and cannot get out of bed.

I spend my time reading books, time passes very quickly but I find it annoying that I can read a teenage book and finish it yet when I open the Qu'ran, suddenly my eye hurts, or I get a headache. I think that's the Satan stopping us from reading Allah's words of wisdom but I carry on reciting Qu'ran anyway. Does that happen to anyone else? Anyway, reading is a good way to spend time or gain knowledge as well. hehe. Biggrin

peace

MuslimBro wrote:
Lilly wrote:
I WANT TO RUN AGAIN!!

lol - Sorry, but that sounds like your really obese and cannot get out of bed.

she's the opposite.

Islam - Peace. wrote:
Does that happen to anyone else?

yep :/

And WELCOME to the revival Islam -Peace Biggrin

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Lilly wrote:
I am utterly in awe now Dawud. Two miles in 15 mins? i hope you've kept it up! (running is like Eeman, if you dont keep it up, it goes doooowwwwnnnnn

Thank you! Alas I didn't keep it up. As soon as I finished sith form, I finished running - finished football too, more's the shame.

My personal best was 1.8 miles in 12 minutes by the way...needed to puke as soon as I stopped, but held it in. Was well chuffed, because it would have taken 11 minutes on the bus plus a 3 minute walk to get to the same spot - so I felt like superman...being faster than public transport.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dawud wrote:
Lilly wrote:
I am utterly in awe now Dawud. Two miles in 15 mins? i hope you've kept it up! (running is like Eeman, if you dont keep it up, it goes doooowwwwnnnnn

Thank you! Alas I didn't keep it up. As soon as I finished sith form, I finished running - finished football too, more's the shame.

My personal best was 1.8 miles in 12 minutes by the way...needed to puke as soon as I stopped, but held it in. Was well chuffed, because it would have taken 11 minutes on the bus plus a 3 minute walk to get to the same spot - so I felt like superman...being faster than public transport.

i just noticed the 2miles in 15 mins!! :O :O wow!

Islam - Peace. wrote:

When reading taraweeh I feel sleepy. However when I'm on the revival all night, I am suddenly fine :doubt:

MuslimBro wrote:
Islam - Peace. wrote:

When reading taraweeh I feel sleepy. However when I'm on the revival all night, I am suddenly fine :doubt:

yes friend. try to read the translation of what the imaam is going to read during taraweeh before taraweeh, so you can kinda follow.

and i aint fat! i used to be an awesome runner but stopped hence the I WANNA RUN AGAIN!
But you wouldnt understand...you'll have to be able to run to know what im talking about... [size=5] which you dont seem able to... [/size] and thanks Power or Silence!!

WOOT WOOT DAWUD! mashallah!!

@Peace: yes. i was reading eragon and then brisingr and then the third one. WEll..i was goig to borrow the third one. but the school only had hard copy..and well..it was AS big or EVEN BIGGER than the Quran, thats when it hit home. COMMON GIRL YOU'RE GONA READ THIS AND FINISH IT AND WHAT ABOUT THE QURAN? So..never read it. So you're not the only one. I can go through SO many books in a week and stay up till 2am under the covers. But when it comes to the Quran, reading for one hour and im tired. :doubt: And Welcome my reading friend! i love reading!

If Sully goes what will become of us?!!! and okay...fine...i'll admit it...Revival wont be the same with coughcoughcoughMuslimBrocoughcough goes too...

Dawud wrote:

I walk two miles everyday to the place and then two miles back. Iv managed to get that down to half an hour from 40 minutes. definitely makes a difference when you're fasting though.

And remember Im talking walking here....not running. Wow. 15 minutes. Impressive.

Dawud wrote:

Since final year of uni and especially since getting a job AND having MYL duties too, I've found I've learned to manage my time better. Bsically it's like this: do your homework as soon as you get it and finish it.

That's it, Nothing else is needed. You can talk about cutting this and that out of your routine, but essentially if you just do stuff as soon as it shows up on your radar, you will have so much more time free!

Yep. I used to be like that. I really don't know what's happened to me.

What a cool thread. While I can think up some evidence that I multi-task like Muslim Sister, really that only applies to neat little things when cooking or in transit or whatever because I like to be cool about how I do everything. I am good with multiple conversations.

Overall I don't manage my time well and every appointment is at the expense of some other thing on my list. I make a lot of lists. The upshot is that a lot of my ambitions are alive and well but few are complete and some are way overdue. A management expert once categorised me as a "Plant-shaper" (an ideas guy and an arch-manipulator) and himself as a "Plant-president" (someone who tells creative manipulators what to do and doesn't have much time for shaping I guess), whereas Muslim Sister is a "Completer-finisher" (someone who gets stuff done on time so as to be utterly free of it), all useful if you're building a team but none of us alone (in his description) being rounded enough to guarantee high-quality successes. Then again he also liked to say that the most effective member of a team can usually outperform the team. Which is to say everyone else's strengths become burdensome.

If anyone else fancies being labelled in Management Speak let me know, I'll think of a jovial insult.

That has a lot to do with time-management, probably, is why I said it.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joie de Vivre wrote:

If anyone else fancies being labelled in Management Speak let me know, I'll think of a jovial insult.

Me!

Why can the mind never be satisfied?

s.b.f wrote:
Joie de Vivre wrote:

Me!

You are a Blooming-nuisance, pestering your way to the top. The world is your oyster. Your playground. It is a playground-oyster in your hands and all around you. Yuck!

Quote:

Wicked question...

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joie de Vivre wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
Joie de Vivre wrote:

Me!

You are a Blooming-nuisance, pestering your way to the top. The world is your oyster. Your playground. It is a playground-oyster in your hands and all around you. Yuck!

Lol

I really don't understand what any of that meant.

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Quote:

Wicked question...

I assumed you would answer that.

Joie de Vivre wrote:

can i have one too please?

Joie de Vivre wrote:

lol label me Smile

Lilly wrote:
Revival wont be the same with coughcoughcoughMuslimBrocoughcough goes too...

aww aint that nice Blum 3

x/

where were we? TIME MANAGEMENT!

okay, the way i manage my time. I feel bad if i do too much non-religious stuff and not enough religious stuff so i try to balance.

i also find it easier to organize myself during the holidays or while im at home. Maybe i should home study?

ANYWAY! Like MuslimSister, when i put my mind to it, i can (kinda)multitask. Especially if its something i dont like doing. I just sit there for a few moments, try to figure out what in which order and then do it.

Lilly wrote:
...But you wouldnt understand...you'll have to be able to run to know what im talking about... [size=5] which you dont seem able to... [/size]

I was actually quite fit before.

I've won many awards in PE, competed in a tournament with other schools and have broken the school record aswell.

Problem with me is that, things hang over my head. I cant sit and surf the net/read a book or watch TV knowing that I have something to do...I can be lying on the sofa after work watching TV, but unable to relax because I know that I have to start dinner.

So just to enjoy my time of leisure, I do tasks quickly and straight away...telling myself, the quicker you finish this report, the quicker you can get on the net...or if you do you marking during your lunch time, you don't have to bring work home and can enjoy your evening.

To me, prolonging a mundane task is like prolonging the torture.

MuslimBro wrote:
Lilly wrote:
...But you wouldnt understand...you'll have to be able to run to know what im talking about... [size=5] which you dont seem able to... [/size]

I was actually quite fit before.

I've won many awards in PE, competed in a tournament with other schools and have broken the school record aswell.

mashallah!!!

Ok, this was my last act of teasing.

Pages