Ramadan 17: The Battle of Badr

I had hoped that someone else had created this topic instead with information etc...

But the 17th of Ramadan (which is either today or yesterday depending on when people started ramadan) is the date for the battle of Badr.

In this battle 313 Muslims faced off with approximately a thousand people from the Quraysh who had to come to defeat them.

This was a year after the prophet (saw)'s migration to Madinah and the muslim cmmunity was at a feotal state - where if Muslims had lost this war, they would not have survived to tell the tale.

In Mecca, Sayyidina Abu Bakr tried with love and gentleness to convince his son as to the veracity of Islam. He used the best and loftiest means to try to bring him over to Islam, yet Allah had not decreed for him to become a Muslim just yet. Sayyidina Abu Bakr made Hijrah and later went to fight in the battle of Badr. This son of his also went out on the day of Badr, yet he was with the kuffar. The son was trying his best to avoid his father so they would not have to fight each other. Later, when his son accepted Islam, he said to his father, "Oh my father, on the day of Badr (when I was a kafir) I was avoiding you so we wouldn't have to fight." Sayyidina Abu Bakr replied to him, "As for me, if I met you on that day I would have killed you."

that story is so wouah!

their love for Allah and the prophet was just so great!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

That's nice.

MuslimBro wrote:
Sayyidina Abu Bakr replied to him, "As for me, if I met you on that day I would have killed you."

Subhan'Allah

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Topic locked