"Duas"

[b]Why our du'aa go unanswered?---A common perception and thought [/b]

Quote:
A common perception and thought that generally passes a Muslims mind - Why are our duas so ineffective? Is there a deficiency in the manner that we ask? Why is it that certain people who live very carefree lives, openly violate the Shari'ah and propagate un-Islamic values seem to live very comfortably? They seem to be blessed with everything that they ask for and have no real cry or pressing need. On the other hand, there are some who are particular with their Deen, regular with their salaah and conduct themselves in a pious an righteous manner, yet they seem to be plagued by worries and difficulties. This situation seems to be very perplexing to many and it is appropriate that we examine the true nature and purpose of dua and the various benefits that Allah has placed in this great ibadah (act of virtue).

Firstly, the apparent acceptance of a person's du'aa is by no means any proof that this person is accepted or beloved by Allah. Similarly, the apparent non-acceptance of a person's du'aa is no indication of a person's rejection or non-acceptance by Allah. Instead, the matter can very much be the opposite, whereby at times a person who is truly beloved and accepted in the eyes of Allah seems to have his du'aas apparently rejected all the time. On the other hand, a person who maybe despised in the sight of Allah finds his du'aas being promptly and regularly accepted.

Sheikh Tajuddeen Ibne Ata Iskandari rahmatullaahi alayhi has recorded a Hadith in his book; the effective meaning of which is, a certain person lifts his hand in du'aa, Allah instructs the angels to fulfill his need immediately, because I dislike him raising his hand in du'aa. Another person raises his hand in du'aa, Allah instructs the angels to procrastinate in fulfilling his need, because him raising his hands before me is beloved to me and I look forward to his pleading and requests.

Secondly, for a person to be given the ability to make du'aa is a great blessing in itself. A person who raises his hand in du'aa before Allah Ta'aalaa should never be concerned whether the du'aa will be accepted or not. A person should have complete conviction that whatever du'aa is made will definitely be accepted in the court of Allah. It is mentioned in a Hadith recorded by Abu Daawood, Tirmizi, Ibne Maajah and Mustadrak Haakim that, Allah is extremely kind, One who gives without asking, Allah is extremely modest and shy, when His servants spread their hands before Him, He feels shy to refuse or reject their requests.

Thirdly, it is a failure and deficiency on our path that, if we receive exactly that which we ask Allah for, then we consider our du'aa to be accepted. If we do not acquire exactly what we ask for, then we consider our du'aa unaccepted. In reality, there are various ways in which a du'aa can be considered accepted. [b]Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam said, when a servant makes du'aa to Allah, then through the barkat and blessing of this du'aa Allah Ta'aalaa certainly grants him one of three things, either that he gets exactly what he requested for, or his du'aa is reserved for a bounty and reward which will manifest in the hereafter, or a calamity is removed from his path. [/b]
Either way, we find that a person's du'aa is certainly heard and answered; however the outward appearance of its acceptance may differ. It is therefore our bounding duty to continue begging from Allah for our needs with firm conviction that Allah will favor a person with his mercy. To become despondent and neglectful over du'aa not being accepted is indicative of our naivety and short-sightedness.

It has been recorded in yet another Hadith, that a person should not become hasty and wrestles regarding acceptance of his du'aa. It was asked that what be meant by hastiness? The reply was, a person believes that after making fervent du'aa, there is no response; therefore I might as well leave out making du'aa. In this way he stops asking from Allah.

Mashallah.

(but always link to source)
(and I skimmed it...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i hope the above helps [i]hint hint.[/i]

SO i say dont give up people.

admin its for those who are deeply depressed...it gives me hope, i hope i can help everyone out.

when depresssed or the odds look stacked against you....one of my fav Surahs - al-Inshirah

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"naj" wrote:
i hope the above helps [i]hint hint.[/i]

SO i say dont give up people.

admin its for those who are deeply depressed...it gives me hope, i hope i can help everyone out.

Do not be depressed.
Allah (swt) will only burden you with what you can carry.

That means if you have a lot of burden, you are strong. Strong enough to succeed.

Think of it as a positive.

And remember Allah (swt) is always looking out for you.

After all I am not a good muslim, but I KNOW of situations that have happened to me only after I could cope. I have seen it time after time to myself. Something has happened AFTER I have been given the blessings to cope.

Now that is Allah (swt) looking after me. He will look after you. Just place your trust in Him, and try your best.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

prayers dont get answered sumtmes cos God knows what we dont know

sumtimes what WE think may be good for us can end up being a complete nightmare for us if we get it-thats why God dont give it to us

God knows what we dont know

mashaALLAH a very good post.

However, there's no point making dua and not following it up with action.

Theres no point sitting and asking ALLAH to send you a bag of flour you have to go and make amal on it.

So similarly, no point asking for the best thing in teh world and then not doing anything to get it.

So in my view the bset thing is to make sincere dua and then to follow it up with some action that will inshaALLAH be effective.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Admin" wrote:

That means if you have a lot of burden, you are strong. Strong enough to succeed.

That made me laugh...but in agood way, thanks Admin et al.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

thank you everyone

im leaving the forum

pray for me plz.....pray for my dads health,

sorry lilsis and hayder i once had a grudge against you so plz forgive me.

dave thanks for you being concerned and your advice

sorry ED.

& med no point in action now to late lol...rememba dnt giv up k,

wasalaam

Bye Naj, hope your Dad gets better.

[size=7]oh She'll be back...[/size]

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dua's don't work for some people Cray 2

"naj" wrote:
thank you everyone

im leaving the forum

pray for me plz.....pray for my dads health,

sorry lilsis and hayder i once had a grudge against you so plz forgive me.

dave thanks for you being concerned and your advice

sorry ED.

& med no point in action now to late lol...rememba dnt giv up k,

wasalaam

u goin? why? u have a 12 month contract to honour lol

Inshallah i hope your dad fully recovers and is in the best of health, and likewise....best of wishes to you to.

no grudges, lifes too short

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I'm goin aswell folks.

I apologise to ed, hayder, muslimsislilsis, naj, yuit, yashmaki, admin, and evry1 else if I said things rong or abusive.

theres no point to this forum anymore,

assalaamu alaykum.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

2nd tym lucky eh lol

Wasalaam

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Ramz" wrote:
Dua's don't work for some people Cray 2

Salaam

Allah (swt) has said ''It may be that you hate something and it is good for you and it may be that you like something and it is bad for you, Allah knows and you do not know''..

That just shows that sometimes we ask for things from Allah (swt) that He KNOWS are not good for us…that’s why He doesn’t give it to us.

I’ve made many dua’s in life that haven’t been answered…and sometimes when I look back I feel happy that my dua wasn’t answered…cos I don’t want it any more (whatever it may be).

Throughout life, ones priorities, desires, wants and needs constantly change…I wanted one thing two years ago and today I want something completely different.

When making dua... trust in Allah (swt) is important…always ask Allah (swt) to give you want you want ONLY if He (swt) know it’ll be good for you…and if not, then give you strength and Sabr to deal with life without it.

Wasalaam

Bye Med, have a happy life insha Allah t'ala. Don't be forget to be extra nice to your mrs/ustaad ji/guy selling crack at your masjid...joke I don't go to your masjid Lol Lol Lol Ahh if I'd shot crack into my veins everytime I'd used that one, i'd be a very happy man.

Anyway Med be good to people and remember to eat all your halwa and grow into a big strong Mujahideen.

Salaam.

Goodbye Naj and Med,

Sorry to be losing the two of you, I hope your various problems work out nicely for you - perhaps with a flourish in the end.

"Med" wrote:
I'm goin aswell folks.

I apologise to ed, hayder, muslimsislilsis, naj, yuit, yashmaki, admin, and evry1 else if I said things rong or abusive.

assalaamu alaykum.

never mind them what about an apology for the number one brelvi - me

seriously sorry to see you go maybe you'll come back someday

lol

not bieng funny, but didnt they both 'leave' in ramadan........end up staying, and now leaving together again? :idea:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
lol

not bieng funny, but didnt they both 'leave' in ramadan........end up staying, and now leaving together again? :idea:

thats my point

SO many times people on this forum do a huge drama about leaving-everyone out of politeness say "good bye-we'll miss you" blah blah blah

and then they come running back three days later :twisted:

lol tru

but this tym i reckon they are both watching to see if the other posts, in which case its the return of the other too

who will it be 1st........ Naj or Med

but if one goes, i do think, they'll both go

after all, there will be no1 to back em up otherwise!

its not nice sayin this, but heck....the truth hurts

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
lol tru

but this tym i reckon they are both watching to see if the other posts, in which case its the return of the other too

who will it be 1st........ Naj or Med

but if one goes, i do think, they'll both go

after all, there will be no1 to back em up otherwise!

its not nice sayin this, but heck....the truth hurts

very tru

and I thought I was the only one who had sussed them out :twisted:

looks like ur just as clever as LilSis

life is good aint it Dirol

Lol....sussed it a long time ago, it was waaaay 2 obvious

but somtimes its best to control what you say

as clever as you can only be a good thing, jus tryna reach the dizzy heights of your sister! Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

lol lilsis and hayduh ur spot on, they will come back i think they have said many times i am goin etc etc

oh well byee

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
lol

thats my point

SO many times people on this forum do a huge drama about leaving-everyone out of politeness say "good bye-we'll miss you" blah blah blah

and then they come running back three days later :twisted:

lol... named and shamed.

"Constantine" wrote:

lol... named and shamed.

LOL

well if the hat fits....

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

lol... named and shamed.

LOL

well if the hat fits....

What if it has lice in it?

lol actually I will be leaving for a week - Thanksgiving!

Not precisely sure what I am doing... but hopefully it will be in Charleston and it won't involve my parents.

"Med" wrote:
I'm goin aswell folks.

assalaamu alaykum.

There nothing too apologies for. It only a forum, where we come to air our views. You can't be of the mentality that you going to change people thinking here, because it just ain't possible everyone just too similar in their mentality and stubborn as easch other, i found that out a long time ago, but at the same time it one of the best thing about the forum as well.

I must admit i enjoy having Naj and Med here, they added something different too the forum, not always good but definitely something different which i appreciated. I hope you do pop in from time to time. I hope you can forgive all of us, if we ever overstep the mark.

wasalaam

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Salam

Only two types of prayers are not accepted by God:

1. Insincere requests.
2. Invalid form of requests.

Omrow