What do you think of None Muslims proselytizing other religions in Saudi Arabia and the Holy Land?

This would be blasphemy and is wrong.
70% (16 votes)
I see no problem with this, but can see how others would be offended.
9% (2 votes)
I see no problem with this, and think it would create debate with other communities and is a good thing overall.
22% (5 votes)
Total votes: 23

I don't think the aim should be to "create debate" (as that can be done in other ways) but I have been told that the historical scholars had come to the conclusion that if Non Muslims are not allowed to preach in Muslim lands, then Muslims would not be able to preach in Non Muslims lands, and thus that they should be allowed.

In the long term I would expect Islam to dominate the intellectual discourse, but in the short term it may get Muslims to look inwardly and see so e flaws that need to be corrected.

Ofcourse for those that do leave Islam, each and every one of those cases will be a tragedy and traumatise the family/community, but if they are looking elsewhere for faith, they can find it already now.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Arabia is forbidden for non-Muslims due to specific narrations... but the rest of the Muslim world is not a problem.

I guess it's like the Vatican city which is for Christians...maybe?

I think its fine. If we dont let them. how are they suppose to let US?
and if we all believe that Islam is the truth then there should be no problem.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

What? Is your name Lilly al Saud?

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Vocalist wrote:

What do you think of None Muslims proselytizing other religions in Saudi Arabia and the Holy Land?

Non-muslims proselytizing?

What do you call Bush attempting to spread democracy in the Middle East.

I had no idea anyone was against freedom of speech in Holy Lands Beee

What's wrong with people trying to preach there?

Surely the only reason people would be worried about that would be because they were worried they'd be convinced? Otherwise having confidence in it means you'd be able to talk about it properly, i don't see the problem really.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Joie de Vivre wrote:
What? Is your name Lilly al Saud?

is this because you think that i think muslims should let non-muslim preach in Saudi.

I dont know about Saudi, but i was really talking about muslim countries.

No one has refuted/agreed with what anon1 said about Saudi, and i dont know about that. SO i'm waiting for someone to enlighten us about preaching in Saudi.

till then, i'll just be Lilly-with-a-very-french-surname.

No it was because of how you phrased the remark. Smile

Sorry Lilly.

Joie de Vivre wrote:
Sorry Lilly.

nothing wrong with what you said, so you dont need to say sorry.

i like the sound of "Lily-with-a-very-french-surname". pretty cool wouldnt you agree?

Creative and unique is the best I can give you.

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
I had no idea anyone was against freedom of speech in Holy Lands Beee

What's wrong with people trying to preach there?

Surely the only reason people would be worried about that would be because they were worried they'd be convinced? Otherwise having confidence in it means you'd be able to talk about it properly, i don't see the problem really.

Freedom of speech is a fairly modern concept and does not really exist in totality anywhere. (ask proponents of freedom of speech is anti war protestors should go to Wooten Basset...).

I think there is either a verse of the qur'an or a hadith that says Arabia is to be made free of idolatory. I think that is what Anon1 was referring to.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.