InspiredByMuhammad.com

"The Inspired by Muhammad campaign is designed to improve the public understanding of Islam and Muslims. It showcases Britons demonstrating how Muhammad inspires them to contribute to society, with a focus on women’s rights, social justice and the environment. The campaign coincides with a national polls conducted by YouGov which shows that the 69% of people believe that Islam encourages the oppression of women, that just 6% of people associate Islam with justice and that just 6% believe that Islam promotes active measures to protect the environment. Overall, nearly half of all people in the UK believe that Islam does not have a positive impact on British society."

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrM4iGnmzkM]

A new website, , provides online support for the campaign by hosting straightforward information about Islam, Muhammad and British Muslims. The website is designed to meet the need the YouGov poll highlighted for accessible information: 60% percent of people say they don’t know very much about Islam; 31% say information about Islam is not very accessible; 33% would like to know more about Islam and just 3% say they get their information from Muslim organisations.

I get embarrassed to say "Muhammad" without saying (saw).

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Sames here. Makes me uncomfortable.

Oh and this topic is a duplicate of

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Sames here. Makes me uncomfortable.

yeah +1, i thought it was odd they don't even say Peace be upon him or anything when they're talking about the Prophet (Saw) in like the biography and other overview sections :S

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Agreed Blue - not good at all.

Secondly, it seems to take its inspiration from Western critique of Islam and appears to be a backfoot defensive posture - "our women are not badly treated, honest governor!" - rather than proactive in its critique of how the west actually treat their women despite their rhetoric!

Anonymous1 wrote:

Secondly, it seems to take its inspiration from Western critique of Islam and appears to be a backfoot defensive posture - "our women are not badly treated, honest governor!" - rather than proactive in its critique of how the west actually treat their women despite their rhetoric!

Western Critique of Islam? what's that?

well its trying to improve the image of Islam so its understandable

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

The campaign is not aimed at Muslims, so it not doing things the normal way is probably acceptable.

I assume the idea is to get people to delve deeper and to learn something eventually instead of simply accepting the hate than they may have heard.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:

Western Critique of Islam? what's that?

The media, academic and political attacks on Islam going on every day all around us in the West...

no point in being on the defensive..thats just sinking to their level. Ignore what they're saying coz we all know that they dont know what they are talking about and teach the others, non-muslims, who actually WANT to listen.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?