Revision

Any tips?

i have the shortest attention span.. and just cant seem to learn everything!

erm... pace yourself? practice exam questions? take plenty of breaks? make sure there are others around studying?

Not saying that any of them will work though.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

am having the exact same problem. i get bored within 5mins

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

yes take a break every hour but not every 15 mins otherwise you will learn more about tea bags than your academic stuff.

when getting bored just think do i want to be on the dole or flipping burgers when i'm married with kids, or do i want to struggle less and have a good job with security?

stay off the revival lol and internet in general whilst revising.

revising in morning can be better ppl are more alert and house or library is quieter. in evening you may be sluggish, or just feel like relaxing.

think less of what mates are doing, mates wont give tuppence if you fail and end up not going uni or with rubbish job, dog eat dog world dont be the dog who gets eaten :o

how are you revising, are you trying to revise an whole essay for example? information overload is hard to memorise. try making short bullet point notes on prompt cards revise those. highlight passages if that helps. make up your own abbreviations acronyms for remembering certain ideas, works well with science and math subjects.

make lots of du'a

insha'Allah you will do brilliant if you work hard.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

that took the mick to write out :/

"40 ways to Bovver"

use past papers
underlining
notecards
visuals (pics/diagrams etc)
order/sequense stuff
colour code
buddy up to revise
personalise ur revision, relate things ur learning to ur self
make "thought maps"
use post-it notes
make cartoon strips
use the internet
blog the stuff u learn
write out the 10 most important people, ideas, events for a topic
condense ur notes
make revision guides
listen to music while u revise
make sure ur room is cool and comfortable, with no distractions
review what u have learnt
put ur post-its in ur favourite places or where u will walk past often so u can read them
re-write topics in ur own words
go for a walk + revise at the same time
make up ur own song/rap for a topic
make notes straight afterlearning something new
reward urself
get exam details and prefer for it beforehand
"txt it" uses 160 spaces to summarise a topic
make up mnemonics
teach a friend what u know
higlight important bits
make posters
make timelines
go to revision sessions
make revision grids
make collages
ask questions when u dont understand
read notes out aloud
talk through toics with soemone else
test yourself- write dwn what u know about a topic and check what u missed out
ask urslf why what ur learning is important and make it interesting for urself

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

and you could have spent that time actually revising...

when is your next exam?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
and you could ahve spent that time actually revising...

shhh!

You wrote:
when is your next exam?

RE tomorrow but that should be a breeze...but i shouldnt be complacent so i WILL do some revision

and then Biology on friday

thats all for this week

are you guys doing GCSE's?

i have biology on tuesday Sad

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

TWO hours!!?? OMG!

i was revising my english lit poems...then got SO bored i went out to clean the garden!

this is very bad and you shouldnt do it but the garden DOES look good now Biggrin
my poems?? well...euh... >.> *runs away and hide under bed*

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

ive been sitting in the garden and revising, weather is awesome,, it was succesfull for 2 days.. until yesterday where i ended up falling asleep on my books.. dont ask lol

but it worked today alhamdulillah. im getting there, distractions is the hardest thing for me.. and getting into the mood to revise.. coz if your in a jolly good ol' mood you cant do anything of the revision sort lol

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

urgh at facebook and friends you miss because you're on study leave...sometimes i wish i was still stuck in a classroom forced to revise

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I was reading the other day that 40% of teenage girls consider facebook as essential to their life. Compared to only 6% of teenage boys.

You wrote:
I was reading the other day that 40% of teenage girls consider facebook as essential to their life. Compared to only 6% of teenage boys.

LOL!

well my laptop's broken. bluergh!

anyways people, dua's please! - spanish, english lit, chemistry and physics this week! and english and the sciences are gna be hard cuz i dont knwo anything Sad

LOL that facebook fact made me laugh.

if you had asked me a couple a months ago i would have agreed with them girls!

please do duaa for me too!
biology tomorrow morning..!

Duaas please! i don't know if all this history stuff will stick in my head for tomorrow or not! im so behind Sad Fool

Urgh! i got some stupid Qs in the RE exam i just did!

e.g:
"there is no such thing as spirituality" do you agree? give your answer showing you have thought of more than one viewpoint.

how might teachings about the after life affect the way a religious person cares for a terminally ill person?

what?! :S o well, its over now

had the best history exam ever!!! Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
I don't even care that the stuff i spent going over in the early hours of today didnt even come up.
the other questions were just soooo great
Biggrin