Photos of deceased

Wenever someones passes away, there is always someone to make a facebook group about them, R.I.P {persons name} etc. etc. and a youtube video with all thier photos on.

Then theres always comments saying "If you put a muslims pictures up after they have died, (specially a girl who isnt covered) then the person doesnt rest in peace"

Is this true?

Why would it be the case?

I have never heard of it before.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Why would it be the case?

I have never heard of it before.

Thats what i was thinking
tried googling it aswell, but nothing come up

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

Ewww, i wouldn't want anyone nto make a facebook group about Me if i died now.

I wouldn't rest in peace just because of the tackiness.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

i agree it is so cheap. best way to give someone dignity, attend their funeral. if you cannot then phone give your condolences. if you can't do that say prayers for them.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

We also have this tradition, and the behaviour of those grieving is said to have a profound impact on the departing soul. I hope nobody suffers for how they are remembered, and since you could probably dance on my bed without waking me I hope the same goes for my grave. Having said which I keep a large category of prohibitions aside as either superstitious and inauthentic, or else supremely petty. We're talking about the life of the spirit so it is a risk placing this facebook photos prohibition in that category, but then superstition always plays on mysterious risks. It's useful to have a historical lineage, an eternal debate, for a given belief so that the scholars of each generation understand the reasons behind their traditions and are neither clerical bureaucrats nor Supreme Leaders. In another thread I've just asked about that.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

i've heard of this before. But i heard it as generally that the photos that were taken of them beforehand would cause them to suffer in the grave...

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi