All Terrorists are Muslims… Except the 94% that Aren’t

I am not a fan of loonwatch or their methods of debate, but I liked this title. Disclaimer: It is about the US of A.

CNN recently published an article entitled Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated; according to a study released by Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, “the terrorist threat posed by radicalized Muslim-Americans has been exaggerated.”

Yet, Americans continue to live in mortal fear of radical Islam, a fear propagated and inflamed by right wing Islamophobes. If one follows the cable news networks, it seems as if all terrorists are Muslims. It has even become axiomatic in some circles to chant: “Not all Muslims are terrorists, but nearly all terrorists are Muslims.” Muslims and their “leftist dhimmi allies” respond feebly, mentioning Waco as the one counter example, unwittingly affirming the belief that “nearly all terrorists are Muslims.”

Read more at .

It's only Muslims on the TV.... So all Terrorists are Muslims and all Muslims are terrorist.

My TV tells me everything I need to know about terrorism. Gadding?

Where did they get the numbers from? Did they get all terrorists to fill in a survey or something?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

the article links to an FBI list of ... events and then they have processed the data.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

There's a chronology going back to 1971, and one going back to 1980 that lists perpetrators. From 9/11 onwards you've got small time bombers like San Diego and other animal rights and eco-terrorists but it is a little disingenuous to draw any comparison with large-scale terrorism. It is also a little disingenuous to ask the government not to consider Islamist terrorists the major global and US/UK terrorist threat, as has been suggested by the NAMP in its first big on the subject since its 2007 founding. A pertinent linky.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joie de Vivre - thanks for that link - I have created a new for it.

From 9/11 onwards you've got small time bombers like San Diego and other animal rights and eco-terrorists but it is a little disingenuous to draw any comparison with large-scale terrorism.

but on the other hand if you take out 9/11, which was carried out by 20 people, and suddenly, there are fewer casualties. Figures can be manipulated either way.

This is just another piece added here to add to the others that say "look, its not just muslims!" that can be connected to easily when the typical "its teh muslims, init" post/poster comes along.

Just because there is a smaller number of even a greater number does not make the events for the victims any less harrowing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

The thing is, only a particular type of idiot was ever saying that it was just Muslims. Jihadis always try to reach out to the wider Muslim community and align the community with their aims and methods. If they had been totally marginal and shunned by most Muslims there would be no concern, but in fact proselytising or propagandising has taken place very effectively for many years and continues, and it is not good enough to argue that, well, there are other threats to be getting on with. And about the police, nobody can honestly say they neglect threats from other quarters, but the main terrorist threat continues to be from al Qaeda and similar groups, and all these busted plots are no excuse to be saying Muslims are unfairly targeted at all. Having said all of which I hope those that are doing no wrong are not bothered, and I understand the concern that it all gives succour to the far right.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Look that pie chart just will not fool anyone. Except fools. Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Take a look at the list of terrorist incidents.

They include tree spiking, damage to property, arson. Hardly things to equate with terrorist bombings.

Take a look at the location of these set of terrorist incidents.

They're all in the US of A. Wonder what the world wide figures would look like.

I'm not drawing any conclusion except that this pie-chart comes from a pretty meaningless set of data.

to go along with the US ones.

I was reading somewhere recently about the impact of Al Qaeda and its sympathetic organisations and if you concentrate 2006 onwards, 98% of its victims were Muslims. If you went further back and started at 2000, then still 80% plus of its victims were Muslims.