Behold...Me!

Sumaiya wrote:
...you've got me worried now... :?

Dont worry aint no one gonna shoot ya.

Its illegal here Wink

Back in BLACK

... ain't it illegal there...?

Behold...Me!

Different interpretations, and mainly Wahabis. The law allows "mitigating circumstances" if someone does something dishonourable, so if there is a jail sentence it's usually pretty short as the judges have sympathy for fathers of disobedient girls!!!

D'y'know what's funny... I went online at fajr, and found that there were TWENTY guests on here!! Is that normal?!

Behold...Me!

kind of stupid, that IMO.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Sumaiya wrote:
D'y'know what's funny... I went online at fajr, and found that there were TWENTY guests on here!! Is that normal?!

No idea. I thought this place was like a ghost town at some times.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Hey, i just saw your post. just recently in the christmas holidays i went to them Birmingham lectures and the sheiks was talking about how facebook is really 'fitna' book. Lol. He was saying how girls and boys its haram for them to be friends. I dont know really but for safety i deactivated my facebook. Its better to be safe than sorry.

oh great... I've added my 'boy' friends now... I've already deleted them once... I can't do this again!!

Behold...Me!

i have my own facebook group..so it cant be haraam!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

I'm sorry, mate... I think we might be shot...

Behold...Me!

you'll be fine - just be careful with your actions. Besides, facebook's definiotion of a "friend" may not be the same as what you use in teh real world. It is more on the line of "acquaintance".

If you really want to be cool, start an anti facebook group on facebook.

"Facebook ruined my life"

Post 1: Facebook is so fat...
Post 2: Facebook is so ugly...

But i LUURVEE facebook!! Amd nways the word 'cool' is SO over-rated! And how can we define 'cool'?

Behold...Me!

I'm told it's not cool to use the word cool anymore. Or awesome.

I think the word to use is 'sick', however I wouldn't know as I am too old for these terminologies...

Behold...Me!

or two young ,innit. aiii.

If you want to annoy others, use them but use them wrong. or replace them with other words... instead of sick/, say vomit...

If Sumaiya is old, I'm a crone! Some people use the word "word" for something that's supposedly cool - I think, though I don't quite get it

word.

I hate the internet. It's so easy to get sidetracked into far more interesting things than the work you're supposed to be doing. However: in the interests of serious research, these are definitions of 'word' in its contemporary sense:

"Word" is the shortened form of the phrase: "my word is my bond" which was originated by inmates in U.S. prisons. The longer phrase was shortened to "word is bond" before becoming "word," which is most commonly used. It basically means "truth." Or "to speak the truth."

also

"cool, nice, Excellent."

(Source = - not reliable, often rude but usually fascinating...)

i learnt a new slang word today:

friend: i had a proper daddy snowfight yesterday!
other friend: daddy? :S
friend: :roll: yeah daddy! as in really good

B wrote:
I hate the internet. It's so easy to get sidetracked into far more interesting things than the work you're supposed to be doing.

Surely that means what you're doing is not interesting enough in the first place! That's not the internet's fault. Blum 3

Sumayia wrote:

I wouldn't know as I am too old for these terminologies...

erm... you're certainly 'too something' but I doubt it's 'too old'. Blum 3

Don't just do something! Stand there.

You wrote:
instead of sick/, say vomit...

lol, that could be amusing.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

You wrote:
Besides, facebook's definiotion of a "friend" may not be the same as what you use in teh real world. It is more on the line of "acquaintance".

I agree with that alot.

It seems that 'friend' on facebook means someone who may have the similar personal data to me. The few contacts I have, have 100s of 'friends' I doubt they talk to them all.

As for girl/boy talking being haraam. I think the word haraam is over used nowadays. Free mixing can cause barakah to be lost from the situation, whether its innocent or not, and that's something alot of us fail to consider.

Even if its not haraam, we should consider the barakah element. To my experience, alot of psychological depression is caused by a lack of spiritual barakah.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

The problem with facebook is you get so many friggin PERVS!! It's like puuhhhleees!! If I wanted a 50 year old friend... I'd need serious help!! Which reminds me... Was out today an some asian FREAK started following my friend and told her to give him her name or he wouldn't leave her alone... Lucky I was there... Soonn as he saw me in my macho wellies he ran off! Was reaLly freaked our though coz it was pitch black and I had to wait for the bus!! N a stupid Arab made a noise like callin a cat when we passed! Not suprised really... Willesden is full of weirdos... :?

Behold...Me!

I cannot see how that ruling would not apply to mixed internet forums either? Like this site or ummah.com?

Question:

"What is the Shar'i opinion with regards to the use of Internet for discussion of thoughts and engagement. Is there khalwa in the use of Messenger (only typing) ? "

Answer:

"If you are using the Internet for issues which are permissible, then it will be permissible. If used in matters that are not permissible, for example washing movies, chatting with ghair mahram and women etc."

"Chatting with women over the internet is impermissible because the conversation is the first step to adultery."

Question and Answer are not reproduced here in their entirety but the gist remains the same. Link above for full text.

I do not understand why these (mixed) forums are permissible. Mixing is mixing regardless of the medium of communication? I'm just curious.

it's an open forum for the world to use.

nothing private about the internet.

the real world is more of a fitna than forums.

msn = one to one conversations

forum = the world

Dawud wrote:
...Free mixing can cause barakah to be lost from the situation...

Source?

That fatwa is IMO flawed because it makes the invalid assumption that online discussions are automatically the first step to adultery.

Only a moron would think that.

Creating a totally segregated society will actually encourage zina and other acts and crimes.

The islamic way to avoid zina is marriage.

Pages