Eid Party Cancelled due to Racism

I recently tried to organise an Eid Party at college as many Asian students complained that every year we have a Christmas party but we never do anything for Eid

The senior members of the college said the party was a good idea as it would be open to everyone and it would encourage others to experience a different culture

however, the student council (all white) and our student liason officer cancelled the party for reasons such as:

Asians cause fights and riots (there is alcohol at the xmas party yet this isnt a problem 4 them, y r asians ne different?)

outsiders will try to gatecrash the party (especially big asian mobs)

and there were several other RACIST points made

however, they convinced senior members of college and the party has been canceled

how is this in any way fair?

ne suggestions as to what action i should take?

i considered taking it to the papers, or starting up a petiton after half term

Hold your own elsewhere.

Get everyone to chip in to cover the costs.

Make a complaint to the uni about the student council.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Hold your own elsewhere.

financially its impossible to hold it elsewhere, even if i charge every1 huge amounts for tickets

if i hold it elsewhere, i'll have to pay for using the place, security and God only knows what other costs

if i hold it in college, there's no cost and security is already provided, all i have to do is provide food, music entertainment etc

the stupid liason officer had the cheek to offer me a place on the student council (whats the point as its always majority decision) and it will always be one pakistani against 6 f***ing racist p**** :x

not really much hope is there Sad

calm down dear its only a comercial... ermm... party.

I understand your anger.

But as an example you can book a arestaurant, and negotiate the price with them

Karims normally charge £10.00 a head (+ drinks). Negotiate with them, get them to charge slightly less, make people pay in advance etc... no security needed.

15 should cover all your costs. £20 if you wanna raise some funds. (all including drinks... make sure people do not waste them! they are expensive.) You will need to book inadvance.

And make it islamic!

PS Karims is an example. There are many places, and some places in rusholme will provide the same service for less. Shop around. Contact a few restaurants... talk to them.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Salma" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
Hold your own elsewhere.

financially its impossible to hold it elsewhere, even if i charge every1 huge amounts for tickets

if i hold it elsewhere, i'll have to pay for using the place, security and God only knows what other costs

if i hold it in college, there's no cost and security is already provided, all i have to do is provide food, music entertainment etc

the stupid liason officer had the cheek to offer me a place on the student council (whats the point as its always majority decision) and it will always be one pakistani against 6 f***ing racist p**** :x

not really much hope is there Sad

Woah language, your doing a good deed dont go ruinin it by usin french...

If i was u, i would stand outside the college and scream my lungs out and hold up big banners to get my point across....or you could go to one of the teachers who aint racist and get them to help or go to the the College Education Board.

"angel" wrote:
Woah language, your doing a good deed dont go ruinin it by usin french...

If i was u, i would stand outside the college and scream my lungs out and hold up big banners to get my point across....or you could go to one of the teachers who aint racist and get them to help or go to the the College Education Board.

i think ill stand outside college and scream my lungs out holding big baners to get ma point across Biggrin

the party not going ahead doesn't bother me, its the reasons behind why it was cancelled

i go to a college where atleast 50% (maybe more) of the populatuion is asian, they need to start giving us equal rights

that is unfair salma, dont take it lying down

why do they allow christmas partys and not eid

they are stereotyping and making judgement about us just because we are muslims that is racism, if you had a past eid party and their was problems then its ok but they should allow you a eid party

write a letter to your principal and get a partition going

good luck

Tell us the name of your college and we'll all write in / phone in and complain.

Biggrin

raaah.. that just takes da..

if you got proof on paper.. or can get witnesses.. anything that can can be used as proof go to the authorities.. not sure if OFSTED is the right place to go as they usually regulate schools..

have a look here, and see if you can make an official complaint against the institution:

OFSTED are usually good.. providing you have a good case, and in my opinion you do.. its blatanty racist.. and one can go as far as saying you got a human rights case here.

if you can be asked.. contact your paper.. maybe the revival can do a story?

the banners sound great.. include the names of the racists on the panel who made the decision.

don't let this one pass sis.. it may not get anywhere, but at least the racist kafirs will know that Muslims aint gna go down without a fight,.

Good luck

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

threaten to blow em up.......

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

:shock: thats sick!

i agree tut tut

seriously tho, you should go through the correct channels and the appropriate procedures and make a formal complaint

its wrong for the college to assume all that you mentioned based on NOTHING

if their speaking from past experiences - then you cant blame em

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

Biggrin

wot u givin me ideas for man Biggrin

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
i agree tut tut

seriously tho, you should go through the correct channels and the appropriate procedures and make a formal complaint

its wrong for the college to assume all that you mentioned based on NOTHING

if their speaking from past experiences - then you cant blame em

each to their own, we shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush as previous students

"irfghan" wrote:
Tell us the name of your college and we'll all write in / phone in and complain.

Biggrin

great idea, everyone fone up:

Ashton Sixth Form college Biggrin

and make a complaint

"Raf786" wrote:
that is unfair salma, dont take it lying down

why do they allow christmas partys and not eid

they are stereotyping and making judgement about us just because we are muslims that is racism, if you had a past eid party and their was problems then its ok but they should allow you a eid party

write a letter to your principal and get a partition going

good luck

my point exactly

only difference is they don't like us reminding em that there's paki's in the college

they like to live in dream land where everyone is gora

"Salma" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:

Biggrin

great idea, everyone fone up:

Ashton Sixth Form college Biggrin

and make a complaint

Tel: 0161 330 2330 | Fax: 0161 339 1772

Darnton Road,
Ashton Under Lyne,
Lancs,
OL6 9RL

Everyone phone in or write to these jackasses.

sis Salma we all behind ya...do wat it takes 2 get da justice gal cuz i knw if dat waz me id be fuming 2!!!!

so could to see so many positive comments Biggrin

have had the most fantastic day

been last minute shopping in Oldham for Eid stuff

i love that town

feels like home Biggrin

"Salma" wrote:

i love that town

feels like home Biggrin

u feelin alryt young lady? :o

care to swap homes? lol

ashton sixth form, i remember them.....they sent me a b;day card, in fact the only 16th birthday card i got :oops: ....and i never even went there

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"Salma" wrote:

i love that town

feels like home Biggrin

u feelin alryt young lady? :o

care to swap homes? lol

ashton sixth form, i remember them.....they sent me a b;day card, in fact the only 16th birthday card i got :oops: ....and i never even went there

aaah, the rest probably got lost in the post Biggrin

compared to ashton town centre, Oldham is brill, the whole community makes u feel at home

whereas in Ashton they stare at you like ur a freak :x

i remember gettin on the bus in all ma gear on the day after Eid, and the looks were...hmmm...whats the word... :shock:

Aah bless!

Oldham the model of acceptance!

totally agree wiv u admin, wud be better to book a restaurant, but most people wont come.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

What are the chances that the eid party will run smoothly without any

glitches, erm let me see...... Not a chance. Im not sterotyping but there is

always a few individuals that ruin it and not only will it look bad for the

college (after the newspapers get a hold of the story) but it protrays

muslims in a bad light (we can do without that as seen as were

everywhere in the papers nowdays). Its not a bad college and they are

defo not racist. You should pertition to get the student liason officer out,

coz she the one that poisoned the principles mind. If that dont work key

her expensive car in, lol, only jokin.

"Naz" wrote:
What are the chances that the eid party will run smoothly without any

glitches, erm let me see...... Not a chance. Im not sterotyping but there is

always a few individuals that ruin it and not only will it look bad for the

college (after the newspapers get a hold of the story) but it protrays

muslims in a bad light (we can do without that as seen as were

everywhere in the papers nowdays). Its not a bad college and they are

defo not racist. You should pertition to get the student liason officer out,

coz she the one that poisoned the principles mind. If that dont work key

her expensive car in, lol, only jokin.

key her car in...hmmm... Biggrin

"Naz" wrote:
totally agree wiv u admin, wud be better to book a restaurant, but most people wont come.

advance booking only.

Money first, then booking, then the meal.

If anyone don't turn up, only they lose out.

"Admin" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

advance booking only.

Money first, then booking, then the meal.

If anyone don't turn up, only they lose out.

Yeah thats true if they dont come then they lose out.

petition- get students support together- show liaison committee and principal. show them you are serious.

if there is overwhelming response then they cant refuse

Salma you shouldn't accept it, it's a form of racism.

Get other students to support you.

Inform the principal. Note your arguments down, have a meeting with him/her.

Inform school you're going to the local papers, that should sort the problem out.

Why don't you get in touch with mpac? They're very good with these sort of dilemmas, email them today or call them. Trust me they take direct action lol.

"yashmaki" wrote:
Salma you shouldn't accept it, it's a form of racism.

Get other students to support you.

Inform the principal. Note your arguments down, have a meeting with him/her.

Inform school you're going to the local papers, that should sort the problem out.

Why don't you get in touch with mpac? They're very good with these sort of dilemmas, email them today or call them. Trust me they take direct action lol.

do you waht, for the first time in my life

im actually doubting whether im right about this

im not denying that the student liason officer is racist, but i hate to admit she did make some valid points

whilst trying to see how many people would be interested in the party there was alot of talk about trying to bring in people who don't belong to the college

there alot of girls/guys who dont like each other, so we defo guaranteed a fight (not a good thing) and they saw this party as the perfect oppurtunity to have it out with the poeple they dont like

despite the fact these people r muslim, some were disapointed at the fact there will be no alcohol :evil:

many claimed they were going to try and sneak it in

maybe its a good thing the party didn't go ahead

becasue if it had done, we would defo have shown ourselves up

we would have proved them right Sad

arggggggggggggggggggggggggh

wherever you go you witness or experience racism is so anoyying!!!

A Muslim Paradise is not a place of arrival, but a way of Travellin

Pages