Repeating the name of Allaah on its own, or the pronoun “Huwa” (He), is a Sufi bid’ah

Repeating the name of Allaah on its own, or the pronoun “Huwa” (He), is a Sufi bid’ah

Praise be to Allaah.

There is no doubt that it is bid’ah to mention the name of Allaah on its own or –even worse – to repeat the pronoun “Huwa” (“He”). Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The Name of Allaah on its own, either as a noun (“Allaah”) or a pronoun (“Huwa”) is not a complete phrase or meaningful sentence. It has no implications to do with eemaan (faith) or kufr (disbelief), commands or prohibitions. This was not mentioned by anyone from the Salaf (early generations) of this ummah, and it was not prescribed by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It does not bring any knowledge to the heart or bestow any kind of benefit upon it. All it does is give an unclear idea which is not defined by any negation or affirmation. Unless there is previous knowledge in a person's mind or he is in a state of mind where he could benefit from this, he gains no benefit at all. Islam prescribes adhkaar which in and of themselves bring benefit to the heart, without any such need for anything else.

Some of those who persisted in this kind of “dhikr” ended up in various kinds of heresies and ideas of “wahdat al-wujood” (unity of all that exists, pantheism), as has been explained in detail elsewhere.

It was mentioned that one of the shaykhs said: “I am afraid of dying between negation and affirmation”, but this is not an example to be followed, because it is obviously erroneous. If a person were to die in this state, he would die according to his intention, because actions are judged by intention. It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to tell the dying person to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, and he said, “Anyone whose last words are Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah will enter Paradise.” If this word (Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah) was something which required caution, why should we tell the dying person to say something which, if he dies in the middle of saying it, will lead to an improper death? Rather, if this were the case, he would be told to say “Allaah, Allaah” or “Huwa, Huwa.”

Mentioning the pronoun on its own is further removed from the Sunnah and is a worse kind of bid’ah, which is closer to the misguidance of the Shaytaan. If a person says “Yaa Huwa, yaa Huwaa (O He, O He)” or “Huwa, Huwa (He, He)” and so on, the pronoun does not refer to anything except whatever his heart imagines, and hearts may be guided or misguided.

Some shaykhs use as evidence to support saying “Allaah” (the name on its own) the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: ‘Allaah.’ Then leave them…” [al-An’aam 6:91]. They think that Allaah commanded His Prophet to say His Name on its own, but this is a mistake according to the consensus of the scholars, because the meaning of the phrase “Say ‘Allaah’” is that it is Allaah Who sent down the Book which was brought by Moosa. This is in response to the question:

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘Who then sent down the Book which Moosa (Moses) brought, a light and a guidance to mankind which you (the Jews) have made into (separate) paper sheets, disclosing (some of it) and concealing (much). And you (believers in Allaah and His Messenger Muhammad) were taught (through the Qur’aan) that which neither you nor your fathers knew.’ Say: ‘Allaah (sent it down).’” [al-An’aam 6:91 – interpretation of the meaning], i.e., Allaah is the One Who revealed the Book which was brought by Moosa. This is a refutation of the view of those who said, “Nothing did Allaah send down to any human being (by Revelation)”

[al-An’aam 6:91 – interpretation of the meaning]. Allaah says: Who then sent down the Book which Moosa brought? Then He says: Say Allaah sent it down, then leave these liars to play in their vain discussions.

What we have said above is further explained by the comments of Seebawayh and other grammarians, who noted that when the Arabs say “Qaala” (or other forms of the verb meaning “to say”), they do not quote verbatim, rather they state what was said, giving a complete meaning. So what follows is a sentence with a complete meaning, or a nominal sentence or a verbal sentence. Hence after saying “qaala” they give a kasrah to the particle “anna” (making it “inna”); “qaala” cannot be followed by a noun standing alone.

Allaah did not command anyone to mention His Name on its own, and it is not prescribed for the Muslims to say His Name on its own. Saying His Name on its own does not enhance faith or explain anything about the religion, according to the consensus of the scholars of Islam; it is not enjoined in any act of worship or in any case where Allaah addresses them.

(Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 10/226-229)

And he (may Allaah have mercy on him) also said:

Repeating the Name of Allaah on its own, such as saying “Allaah, Allaah,” or the pronoun, such as “Huwa, Huwa” is not prescribed in either the Qur’aan or the Sunnah. It is not reported that any of the salaf of this ummah or any of the righteous scholars who are taken as examples did this. It is only spoken by misguided people of the later generations.

Perhaps they are following a shaykh who had no control over himself in this regard, such as al-Shubli who, it was narrated, used to say ‘Allaah, Allaah.’ It was said to him, ‘Why do you not say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah?’ He said, “I am afraid of dying between the negation [saying La ilaaha (there is no god)] and the affirmation [ill-Allaah (except Allaah)]”!

This is one of the mistakes made by al-Shubli, who may be forgiven for it because of the sincerity of his faith and the strength of his emotions which overwhelmed him. Sometimes he would go crazy and would be taken to the asylum, and he would shave off his beard. There are other instances of this type in his case, which are not to be taken as examples, even if he may be excused or rewarded for them. If a person intends to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, and he dies before completing it, that will not harm him at all, because actions are judged by intentions, and what he intended to do is what will be written down for him.

Some of them go to extremes in this matter, and say that saying the name of Allaah is for the ‘elite’ whilst saying La ilaaha ill-Allaah is for the ‘masses.’ Some of them say that saying Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah is for the mu’mineen (believers), saying ‘Allaah’ is for the ‘aarifeen’ and saying ‘Huwa’ is for the muhaqqiqeen. One of them may restrict himself to saying, when alone or in a gathering, ‘Allaah, Allaah, Allaah’ or ‘Huwa’ or ‘Yaa Huwa’ or even ‘La Huwa illa Huwa (there is no He except He)’!

Some of those who have written about spiritual matters have expressed approval of this, quoting some known figures who, however, were in a state of overwhelming emotion at the time, or quoting opinions, or quoting false reports – for example some of them reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib to say ‘Allaah, Allaah, Allaah.’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said it three times, then he told ‘Ali to say it three times so he said it three times. This hadeeth is fabricated (mawdoo’), according to the consensus of the scholars of hadeeth.

It is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught people various adhkaar to say, and the best of dhikr is Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah. This is what he urged his paternal uncle Abu Taalib to say when he was dying. He said, “O uncle, say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah and I will defend you thereby before Allaah.” And he said: “I know of a word which no one says when he is dying but his soul finds rest in it.” And he said, “Anyone whose last words are Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah will enter Paradise.” And he said, “Whoever dies knowing that there is no god except Allaah will enter Paradise.” And he said: “I have been commanded to fight people until they bear witness that there is no god except Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah. If they do that, their blood and wealth will be safe from me, except for what is due from them [e.g., zakaah etc.], and their reckoning is with Allaah.” And there are many similar ahaadeeth.

(Majmoo’ al-Fataawaa, 10/556-558)

Whoever makes the Qur’aan and Sunnah his points of reference concerning his worship will not fail to distinguish right from wrong. We ask Allaah to bring us back to His religion in a gentle manner. And Allaah knows best.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

u forgot mentioning the kissing of the fingers and touching the eye lids after saying name of prophet Muhammad PBUH .... this is an innovation aswel

the concept of bid'ah involves adding something new to religion.

In this case, it would be the making obligatory of the repetition of the Name of God. I doubt anybody has done that.

If you on the other hand decide to ban something which neither God (swt), not the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) decided to ban, then that is a bid'ah as it says in the Qur'an that the religion has already been completed, so any new prohibitions are an act of bid'ah.

Also, quoting the cut and pastes text:

...It is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught people various adhkaar to say, and the best of dhikr is Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah...

Two things you should notice:

1. It mentions that there are more than one dhikr that were reccomended. It also mentions that "Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah" is the best one (not the only one).
2. The text does not provide a prohibition.

Why are you trying to add a new prohibition to religion?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

St786 wrote:
u forgot mentioning the kissing of the fingers and touching the eye lids after saying name of prophet Muhammad PBUH .... this is an innovation aswel

No idea if there is historical precedence for it... but even if there is not, it would only be bid'ah if it was made compulsory on people to do so.

If that is not the case and someone just does the act without thinking it as a compulsory part of faith, where is the harm?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

awlia wrote:

Is it? Never heard anyone say this before!

awlia wrote:

The Name of Allaah on its own, either as a noun (“Allaah”) or a pronoun (“Huwa”) is not a complete phrase or meaningful sentence

Well this is a little like stating the obvious.
Nor are the words 'God' or 'He' 'complete phrases' or 'meaningful sentences'. Simple English.
Like Sajid, he. They don't mean anything.
But, Sajid is tall. He is the Revival Editor- Makes a phrase/sentence!

awlia wrote:

It has no implications to do with eemaan (faith) or kufr (disbelief), commands or prohibitions. This was not mentioned by anyone from the Salaf (early generations) of this ummah, and it was not prescribed by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

The above is the opinion of the writer. I do understand what he's saying, but i know if i repeat the word Allah I feel way better!!!! My opinion!

awlia wrote:

It does not bring any knowledge to the heart or bestow any kind of benefit upon it.

Saying a word would not bring knowledge. I agree!

awlia wrote:

All it does is give an unclear idea which is not defined by any negation or affirmation. Unless there is previous knowledge in a person's mind or he is in a state of mind where he could benefit from this, he gains no benefit at all.

Indeed, I agree. Endless ramblings of a word without having clear perception of what is or means. So when I say Allah, I imagine:
Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Qul huwa Allahu ahad
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; Allahu alssamad
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; Lam yalid walam yoolad
And there is none like unto Him. Walam yakun lahu kufuwan ahad

So, I think, I am pretty clear on what Allah (SWT) means.

awlia wrote:

Some of those who persisted in this kind of “dhikr” ended up in various kinds of heresies and ideas of “wahdat al-wujood” (unity of all that exists, pantheism), as has been explained in detail elsewhere.

It was mentioned that one of the shaykhs said: “I am afraid of dying between negation and affirmation”, but this is not an example to be followed, because it is obviously erroneous.

Serious allegation...
awlia wrote:

If a person were to die in this state, he would die according to his intention, because actions are judged by intention.

Exactly, you cannot accuse and say actions are judged on intentions in the same breath, can you?

awlia wrote:

It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to tell the dying person to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, and he said, “Anyone whose last words are Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah will enter Paradise.” If this word (Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah) was something which required caution, why should we tell the dying person to say something which, if he dies in the middle of saying it, will lead to an improper death? Rather, if this were the case, he would be told to say “Allaah, Allaah” or “Huwa, Huwa.”

I am just baffled at the speaker with this statement. A verbal proclamation of faith is advised. But if I said Ya Allah at dying, I would rather say that, than nothing.

To compare dhikr of saying 'Allah, Allah' to dying with Shahadah are two things that can't be compared. Surely it is as simple as that?
Allah knows best.

awlia wrote:

Mentioning the pronoun on its own is further removed from the Sunnah and is a worse kind of bid’ah, which is closer to the misguidance of the Shaytaan. If a person says “Yaa Huwa, yaa Huwaa (O He, O He)” or “Huwa, Huwa (He, He)” and so on, the pronoun does not refer to anything except whatever his heart imagines, and hearts may be guided or misguided.

A serious allegation, but does anyone really know someone who says that? If they said that, I agree, it would be disrespectful.

When referring to Allah with a pronoun it should be done with the word Hum and not huwa.

Hum, in terms of masculine plural. When used referring to Allah, it is used as they royal 'we' or royal 'him' in this case.

Huwa is single masculine. I.e. he.

I won't comment on the Surah and translation.

awlia wrote:

Perhaps they are following a shaykh who had no control over himself in this regard, such as al-Shubli who, it was narrated, used to say ‘Allaah, Allaah.’ It was said to him, ‘Why do you not say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah?’ He said, “I am afraid of dying between the negation [saying La ilaaha (there is no god)] and the affirmation [ill-Allaah (except Allaah)]”!

Wow!!! Powerful.

awlia wrote:

This is one of the mistakes made by al-Shubli, who may be forgiven for it because of the sincerity of his faith and the strength of his emotions which overwhelmed him.

The speaker here has this condescending attitude, that he knows better than his other. 'He may be forgiven', sorry but forgiven for what? A sin because the speaker/writer thinks it is a sin?

awlia wrote:

Sometimes he would go crazy and would be taken to the asylum, and he would shave off his beard. There are other instances of this type in his case, which are not to be taken as examples, even if he may be excused or rewarded for them. If a person intends to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, and he dies before completing it, that will not harm him at all, because actions are judged by intentions, and what he intended to do is what will be written down for him.

Exactly!!! So, not for the speaker to judge.

awlia wrote:

Some of those who have written about spiritual matters have expressed approval of this, quoting some known figures who, however, were in a state of overwhelming emotion at the time, or quoting opinions, or quoting false reports – for example some of them reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib to say ‘Allaah, Allaah, Allaah.’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said it three times, then he told ‘Ali to say it three times so he said it three times. This hadeeth is fabricated (mawdoo’), according to the consensus of the scholars of hadeeth.

Street Scholars? Which scholars?

Plus there are a few paragraphs I have missed out because the speaker provides no evidences... just like the above!

awlia wrote:

Whoever makes the Qur’aan and Sunnah his points of reference concerning his worship will not fail to distinguish right from wrong. We ask Allaah to bring us back to His religion in a gentle manner. And Allaah knows best.

Indeed! Allah knows best.

No offence intended.

awlia wrote:

It has no implications to do with eemaan (faith) or kufr (disbelief), commands or prohibitions. This was not mentioned by anyone from the Salaf (early generations) of this ummah, and it was not prescribed by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Actually, this is the heart of the matter. If you are saying that there is no harm (or benefit) to the action, why spend all this time to fight against it?

You are not calling the saying of Allah's name to be harmful, nor are you saying that it is a sin. So why debate the matter at all?

btw its not Huwa

its Hu

or Allahu.

when the chant gets going, it sounds like that but it isn't that.

the louder and faster it is, the better.

Noor wrote:
btw its not Huwa

its Hu

or Allahu.

when the chant gets going, it sounds like that but it isn't that.

the louder and faster it is, the better.

what on earth is hu? hu has a completely different meaning, chanting like a bunch of animals like it means something, and even chanting allahu loud and fast what is the point of that? which quran and sunnah is that from, show me the evidence, yo cant its jsut another sufi innovation, if you want to do dhikr, say allahakbar 33 times, alhamdulillah 33 times and subhanallah 33 times, this if from the quran and sunnah, not hu hu hu h uh uh what on earth is that, it means nothing and is nothing but bidah, meaning haram

from my notes wrote:
It is narrated in the Musnad of Ahmad (ra) that the Holy Prophet salalahu alayhi wasalaam said: "Udkhurullahu Hatta Yaqulu Majnun" = "Do so much rememberance of Allah the people declare you Mad". In another riwaya: Abu Said al Khudri (ra) reported that the Blessed Prophet salalahu alayhi wasalaam said "Do so much dhikr that people declare you mad", (Abu Yala and Ibn Hibban). Both of whom declared it Sahih. Imam Suyuti (ra) declares this proves the validity of loud dhikr and in congregation or alone, as if you didnt do loud dhikr, the people wouldnt declare you mad at all, but instead just walk past you.

so what if its a bidah. there be good and bad, like taraweeh salah. umar may Allah be pleased with him said what an excellent bidah this is.

YouShutup wrote:

awlia wrote:

Is it? Never heard anyone say this before!

awlia wrote:

The Name of Allaah on its own, either as a noun (“Allaah”) or a pronoun (“Huwa”) is not a complete phrase or meaningful sentence

Well this is a little like stating the obvious.
Nor are the words 'God' or 'He' 'complete phrases' or 'meaningful sentences'. Simple English.
Like Sajid, he. They don't mean anything.
But, Sajid is tall. He is the Revival Editor- Makes a phrase/sentence!

awlia wrote:

The above is the opinion of the writer. I do understand what he's saying, but i know if i repeat the word Allah I feel way better!!!! My opinion!

awlia wrote:

It does not bring any knowledge to the heart or bestow any kind of benefit upon it.

Saying a word would not bring knowledge. I agree!

awlia wrote:

All it does is give an unclear idea which is not defined by any negation or affirmation. Unless there is previous knowledge in a person's mind or he is in a state of mind where he could benefit from this, he gains no benefit at all.

Indeed, I agree. Endless ramblings of a word without having clear perception of what is or means. So when I say Allah, I imagine:

So, I think, I am pretty clear on what Allah (SWT) means.

awlia wrote:

It was mentioned that one of the shaykhs said: “I am afraid of dying between negation and affirmation”, but this is not an example to be followed, because it is obviously erroneous.

Serious allegation...
awlia wrote:

If a person were to die in this state, he would die according to his intention, because actions are judged by intention.

Exactly, you cannot accuse and say actions are judged on intentions in the same breath, can you?

awlia wrote:

It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to tell the dying person to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, and he said, “Anyone whose last words are Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah will enter Paradise.” If this word (Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah) was something which required caution, why should we tell the dying person to say something which, if he dies in the middle of saying it, will lead to an improper death? Rather, if this were the case, he would be told to say “Allaah, Allaah” or “Huwa, Huwa.”

I am just baffled at the speaker with this statement. A verbal proclamation of faith is advised. But if I said Ya Allah at dying, I would rather say that, than nothing.

To compare dhikr of saying 'Allah, Allah' to dying with Shahadah are two things that can't be compared. Surely it is as simple as that?
Allah knows best.

awlia wrote:

A serious allegation, but does anyone really know someone who says that? If they said that, I agree, it would be disrespectful.

When referring to Allah with a pronoun it should be done with the word Hum and not huwa.

Hum, in terms of masculine plural. When used referring to Allah, it is used as they royal 'we' or royal 'him' in this case.

Huwa is single masculine. I.e. he.

I won't comment on the Surah and translation.

awlia wrote:

Wow!!! Powerful.

awlia wrote:

This is one of the mistakes made by al-Shubli, who may be forgiven for it because of the sincerity of his faith and the strength of his emotions which overwhelmed him.

The speaker here has this condescending attitude, that he knows better than his other. 'He may be forgiven', sorry but forgiven for what? A sin because the speaker/writer thinks it is a sin?

awlia wrote:

Sometimes he would go crazy and would be taken to the asylum, and he would shave off his beard. There are other instances of this type in his case, which are not to be taken as examples, even if he may be excused or rewarded for them. If a person intends to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, and he dies before completing it, that will not harm him at all, because actions are judged by intentions, and what he intended to do is what will be written down for him.

Exactly!!! So, not for the speaker to judge.

awlia wrote:

Street Scholars? Which scholars?

Plus there are a few paragraphs I have missed out because the speaker provides no evidences... just like the above!

awlia wrote:

Indeed! Allah knows best.

No offence intended.

first of all it is typical for a sufi not to hear people calling their acts bidah, so hearing you say that is not a surprise, sicne all of yous seem to be living in a dream world, go to google, go to islamic book shops and you will find pleanty books stating the innovation you sufis made.

secodnly you said he or god are not complete sentences, what it sentence gotta to do with them, they are complete WORDS, is hu a COMPLETE WORD? no it isnt hu what is it? it is allah, or allahu, what is hu? it forget a complete sentence not even a complete word, so the answer you gave is a total nonsense, what ahs complete sentence gotta to do with this, who is a word not sentence, and interms of sentence it is not a complete word or anything, it is meaningless in islam, that means nothing.

and for the thrid bit the writer is correct, what will you say huwa huwa, chant your so called innovation dhikr, a person is dying and you will sya to them say huwa huwa something that has no meanings, you have to say the whole thing lillaha illallah and the rest, if you jsut say allah what does that mean? just allah, allah what, what next, allah allah, what next allah allah what, do you worship allah, do you love him, allah allah, that could mean anything.

And then you just seemed to lost the plot with either this writer is this or that, or you agree withthings,

BUT bottom line your hu hu or huwa huwa is innovation and more of all huwa huwa or hu hu means NOTHING, it has no link with allah not any link with anythig in islam, infact the word itself hu means nothing at all, so how can this be linked with allah, nauzubillah, such a fielthy innovation and haram act, calling allah with a word that means nothing, taking the mick out of his name by taking chunks out of his beautiful name and making it something else,you have taken innovation so far that you even started innovating the name of allah to hu. astagfirullah.

1. I'm not a sufi.

2. Did you even read what you posted? My response to what the speaker said about Hu and complete sentences.

3. Not my chant. Never heard it being chanted.Allah Allah could mean anything to you. But to me it means:

I thought I made this clear?

Hu means he (third person, masculine and singular)
Huma means them (third person, masculine and dual)
Hum means them (third person, masculine and more than 2)

It seems to me (I maybe wrong) that I'm the only person who bothered reading what you wrote. I don't think even you read it, otherwise your rebuttal would be structured.

You need to calm down and think with a cool head.

Not every tom, dick or harry can make fatwas on any issue. There is science, understanding and wisdom to it!

Allah knows best.

@Awlia - why are you arguing this when your own post says that there is no harm in it?

Surely there are more productive things to do?

YouShutup wrote:
1. I'm not a sufi.

2. Did you even read what you posted? My response to what the speaker said about Hu and complete sentences.

3. Not my chant. Never heard it being chanted.Allah Allah could mean anything to you. But to me it means:

I thought I made this clear?

Hu means he (third person, masculine and singular)
Huma means them (third person, masculine and dual)
Hum means them (third person, masculine and more than 2)

It seems to me (I maybe wrong) that I'm the only person who bothered reading what you wrote. I don't think even you read it, otherwise your rebuttal would be structured.

You need to calm down and think with a cool head.

Not every tom, dick or harry can make fatwas on any issue. There is science, understanding and wisdom to it!

Allah knows best.

huwa means he, so when saying he it can be used on anyone like the was a boy he did that, it doesnt reffer to allah, huwa is just a word, how can chanting huwa be reffering to allah, besides huwaas i said is just a word, it can be used on anything so how can a mere word be used as a dhikr to allah, and anyway thats not the point mai n point is as i saidits bidah, it wasnt something the prophet SA sahaba or the salafs ot the tabieen did, it was made many years later. So the word to use for dhikr is wrong and the act itself is innvoation and means nothing.

And how can anyone else be bothered with what i wrote when they obviously have no answer to what i said.

And it doesnt matter whether you do it or not, its a major sufi practivce, which is worng and haram to do.

You wrote:
@Awlia - why are you arguing this when your own post says that there is no harm in it?

I'm baffled at this also. The speaker on one hand calls it haraam and then says its ok.

The total negation of his speech is when he says 'All actions are judged on intention'.

There is no way he can know the intention of a person doing Dhikr, but yet he can condemn it.

Awlia is the protector of nothing! He seems to think his arguments will be revolutionary and that we 'sufis' will have our eyes opened.

Street scholars can't be reasoned with until they get a real test in life, which knocks them of the pride horse!

You wrote:

Just quoting the above til awlia bothers to take notice of it.

YouShutup wrote:
You wrote:

I'm baffled at this also. The speaker on one hand calls it haraam and then says its ok.

The total negation of his speech is when he says 'All actions are judged on intention'.

There is no way he can know the intention of a person doing Dhikr, but yet he can condemn it.

Awlia is the protector of nothing! He seems to think his arguments will be revolutionary and that we 'sufis' will have our eyes opened.

Street scholars can't be reasoned with until they get a real test in life, which knocks them of the pride horse!

the writer says doing normal dhikr is ok in doing so like saying allahuakbar subhanallah and alhamdulillah 33 times, he deosnt say the huwa huwa or hu hu the sufis do is correct, he says normal dhikr from the quran and sunnah is correct in doing so, NOT the huwahuwa.

any reason why you said that?

i need a reason to make dhikr?! :shock:

Noor wrote:
i need a reason to make dhikr?! :shock:

that a dhikr? if you want to do dhikr get a tasbeeh out or use yor fingers and say allahuakbar, subhanallah and alhamdulillah each 30 times and that dhikr actually has come value as you are doing a dhikr according to the quran and sunnah and 2 you are doing proper dhikr of praising allah.

Noor wrote:
ok boss.

and if you think about it writing in the forum isnt a dhikr is it?

awlia wrote:
Noor wrote:
ok boss.

why isn't it?

you read the posts don't you?

Noor wrote:
awlia wrote:
Noor wrote:
ok boss.

why isn't it?

you read the posts don't you?

think about it when doing tasbeeh your reading out loud or in your mind, writing and readingare 2 complete different things arent they, for example in tasbeeh you shold read or say allahuakbar 33 times, the hadith never said to write it 33 times did it, so writing it 33 times would be pointless, its not from islam nor is it a practice of islam. so by writing the tasbeeh your not doing anything islamic.

awlia wrote:
think about it when doing tasbeeh your reading out loud or in your mind, writing and readingare 2 complete different things arent they, for example in tasbeeh you shold read or say allahuakbar 33 times, the hadith never said to write it 33 times did it, so writing it 33 times would be pointless, its not from islam nor is it a practice of islam. so by writing the tasbeeh your not doing anything islamic.

people READ what others WRITE - yes or no?

why are you putting limits on dhikr?

Noor wrote:
awlia wrote:

people READ what others WRITE - yes or no?

why are you putting limits on dhikr?

i am not as the limit has already been put by allah and his messenger SAW

the remembrance of Allah is not LIMITED.

Allah isn't limited so how can dhikr be limited?!

Noor wrote:

by the orders of allah and teachings of muhammad SAW it is limited,muhammad SAW told us how to do dhikr, as i said the tasbeeh saying the 3 beautiful praises 33 times, show me a single verse of the quran and a hadith that says write dhikr, i am so sure that their isnt any that if their is one i will become a sufi.

awlia wrote:
Noor wrote:

by the orders of allah and teachings of muhammad SAW it is limited.

bring forth your proof.

awlia wrote:
There is no doubt that it is bid’ah to mention the name of Allaah on its own

Say what?

This is a rhetorical question, please think through the sentence of yours which is quoted.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Isn't the aim of most Muslims to get closer to God?

Surely if whatever you do works, it just works and is good?

Genuinely asking.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Pages