What came first? women or coloured people?

What's worse?

Backbiting or Bullying?

Just to clarify : Fizzle says Backbiting could be a form of bullying, i agree but i mean to-your-face bullying. Not necessarily physical "gimme your lunch money" stuff, but insults etc

And backbiting in the sense that people are talking about you behind your back. Not... actual ... Back... BITING...

But you knew that ;]

Diss-cuss.

the first people God created were Adam and Eve.

I don't know if Eve was coloured or not.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
the first people God created were Adam and Eve.

I don't know if Eve was coloured or not.

LOL.

Shows your attention span xD

That title was just something Wednesday said that made me laugh Pardon

And Eve has to have been coloured, everyone is SOME kind of colour Blum 3

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

But what about Prophet Adam (as)? aaah...

I don't think its a race and never saw it as one.

Personally, I would hate it if someone was talking behind my back. Face to face, physical intimidation I will accept over backbiting.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

good points.

i thought u were talking about black people when u said coloured :/ but obviously u wouldnt be cuz that would be offensive to people

if everyones coloured then women came first / it was both at the same time :/

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

You wrote:

Personally, I would hate it if someone was talking behind my back. Face to face, physical intimidation I will accept over backbiting.

But why?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

erm i didnt read the introductory post. sorry :oops:

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
good points.

i thought u were talking about black people when u said coloured :/ but obviously u wouldnt be cuz that would be offensive to people

if everyones coloured then women came first / it was both at the same time :/

Lolll xD

Tired Feefz?

Bullying can ruin lives.
Backbiting - well you don't know about it.

i hate rumours though:/

i think bullying's worse.

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
You wrote:

But why?

Because you can choose to fight back?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

backbiting is worse IMO because it's not to a persons face, with bullying atleast the person being bullied has a fighting chance to reply, but with backboting it travels around - becomes a rumour and its hard to take that on.

backbiting is also something hard to control as it sometimes happens without u even having any intention to do so.

Fizzle said what?

Does that mean I have to say something about Backbiting and Bullying?

Which one is worse?

Well...they're both very different. One is happening without someone knowing and the other happening face to face. But if the person knew you were talking behind their back, would it have the same impact compared to face to face bullying?

You wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
You wrote:

But why?

Because you can choose to fight back?

What if you physically can't though but you have to?

What about the fact that with backbiting; what you don't know can't hurt you?

I'd take the beats. I think.

s.b.f wrote:
Fizzle said what?

Does that mean I have to say something about Backbiting and Bullying?

Which one is worse?

Well...they're both very different. One is happening without someone knowing and the other happening face to face. But if the person knew you were talking behind their back, would it have the same impact compared to face to face bullying?

You said what i said you said Blum 3
And no, because if you didn't want to, you wouldn't HAVE to react.

They'd still be hurtful, but imo at least you could think that they spared you the embarrassment.

You wrote:

You'd rather the sticks and stones broke your bones than the words that could never (physically) hurt you?

in alot of cases 'that' person normally hears the rumour but its hard to track down who started the backbiting by that time coz so many people know

St786 wrote:
backbiting is worse IMO because it's not to a persons face, with bullying atleast the person being bullied has a fighting chance to reply, but with backboting it travels around - becomes a rumour and its hard to take that on.

backbiting is also something hard to control as it sometimes happens without u even having any intention to do so.

Isn't bullying hard to control too?

Sometimes you don't think/realise you're bullying someone...

you're just teasing them or having a discussion which you think is absolutely cool but they take it as bullying though you didn't intend it to be so?

bullying can be backbiting and back biting can be bullying.

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
St786 wrote:

Isn't bullying hard to control too?

Sometimes you don't think/realise you're bullying someone...

you're just teasing them or having a discussion which you think is absolutely cool but they take it as bullying though you didn't intend it to be so?

yeah i guess that depends on the individual like should think before you talk that your words could hurt the person in question and i think people are more consious of when their bullying than they are backbiting - bullying take some amount of guts to do .....but backbiting is just so easy to do - and is very dangerous and very disliked in islam.

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
You wrote:

You'd rather the sticks and stones broke your bones than the words that could never (physically) hurt you?

Well, I am bruise free at the moment... but.. eventually the person will tire of the effort with beating you. Talk does not require the same amount of effort.

Besides, I like to know what people think of me, so its the preferred option for me. Until I get into some physical altercation, where I may change my mind.

wednesday wrote:
Can bullying be as bad as back biting?

both of them attack a person emocionally but bullying directly to someone face can also result in physical harm also because u know who to fight back at but with backbiting so many people have heard the rumour that u just dont know who started it. Direct bullying is similar to 'dissing' someones 'gang' which results in gang fights.

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
You wrote:

What would you rather choose? momentary pain, or people you consider "friends" to not really be such things?

but its not always/ rarely momentarily

Agreed, but you know where people stand.