The G Bomb.

What do you guys think about using God and Faith as the answer to everything/anything?

Do you think it's perfectly fine and because of the nature of those concepts it's a fair enough answer and it can be used for anything?

Or do you believe that it's not enough just to use that but you have to also be logical and intellectual about it and accept that not everyone believes.

Perhaps as a non believer, or even a believer, you believe that they should never be used as an answer and it's effectively cheating and an alternative explanation should Always be sought out?

What's your opinion? It doesn't have to comply with any of the above. Pardon x

I like your profile Pic! Smile

Yes and no.

While everything is from God and nothing cna be done outside his power, saying "its because of God" is not always a meaty answer, and can be also ignoring the causal nature of events.

Like the LHC topic - it was a topic on science, on blasting particles around a 27 mile long pipe at extreme speeds at extremely low temperatures. yes, if God wants it to fail, it will fail.

At the same time it is a science experiment and putting in hyperbole in there was annoying at best. God set up structures, He tells us to look around and ponder over what we see etc etc, so when closed minded people come up and just spout things at you, it is annoying. You want a "proper" answer sometimes.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

s.b.f wrote:
I like your profile Pic! Smile

Lol.

You are WAY late fizz Blum 3

Your thoughts on Religion & Reason?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

You wrote:
Yes and no.

While everything is from God and nothing cna be done outside his power, saying "its because of God" is not always a meaty answer, and can be also ignoring the causal nature of events.

Like the LHC topic - it was a topic on science, on blasting particles around a 27 mile long pipe at extreme speeds at extremely low temperatures. yes, if God wants it to fail, it will fail.

At the same time it is a science experiment and putting in hyperbole in there was annoying at best. God set up structures, He tells us to look around and ponder over what we see etc etc, so when closed minded people come up and just spout things at you, it is annoying. You want a "proper" answer sometimes.

You know jack...

it's usually best to have the reasonable best-of-both-worlds answer AFTER it's been thrashed out a bit from either side :doubt:

:]

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Be like that then. I can delete the post if you wish...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Be like that then. I can delete the post if you wish...

LOL!

hahah no, tis cool, hence the smiley face at the end ;]

I wish for it to stay.

Hopefully I read the question right.

Is it okay to use God and faith as an answer to everything? It depends what you mean by everything. I think you have to be rational and logical when explaining something anyhows. You can use faith, use the persons intention...and whatever else too. But Im sure most of it links? Well it could probably.

My phones crashing right now because I sent five people the same message. I'm watching it crash. What does this teach me? Oh wait, its come back to normal. I bet no one got the message though.

s.b.f wrote:
Hopefully I read the question right.

Is it okay to use God and faith as an answer to everything? It depends what you mean by everything. I think you have to be rational and logical when explaining something anyhows. You can use faith, use the persons intention...and whatever else too. But Im sure most of it links? Well it could probably.

My phones crashing right now because I sent five people the same message. I'm watching it crash. What does this teach me? Oh wait, its come back to normal. I bet no one got the message though.

Everything, like literally everything.

Who caused the Universe? God.
Who created Humans? God.
When i lost my other pink and grey stripy sock, who made me look under my bed? God.

Why cant science just be used as a tool to prove faith? And hopefuly in doing so increase faith.

why do they have to be two conflicting concepts?

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
Why cant science just be used as a tool to prove faith? And hopefuly in doing so increase faith.

why do they have to be two conflicting concepts?

They don't :]

So in what way do you think Science is most effective at 'proving' faith?

There are many things which are mentioned in the Quran which at the time of revelation could not have been proved by science, but it can be now.

Which proves men could not have known this, thus did not 'invent' the Quran.