The 'Old' Revival Forums

Salaam all.

Having been away for a week, i've just been going thru some of the threads here, and what i see saddens me.

Many old members have left. whats happened to Shabnam, Latifa, Tara, Dave, Yashmaki.... to name a few. with these old members the forum used to be lighthearted and a welcome break from work. yes we'd learn things, but we'd also have a laugh.

nowadays its one new member after another, coming to taunt or argue. majority of the threads are no longer meaningful - all ppl do is argue over silly things. If, tomorrow, a non-Muslim came onto this forum, all he or she'd see is some serious muslims getting uptight over whether theyr allowed to sniff glue or not! :roll:

I think Ed and Admin should be aware that one of our old members actually felt [b]bullied[/b] into leaving by a new member. where has our respect for eachother gone? no1 should have to put up with abuse due to the opinions they hold. no offence guys, but your moderating is lacking in some places.

i dunno if all these arguments go by your theory of ppl arguing more whilst they'r fasting Admin, but if so, i sincerely hope all this will subside after Eid. if not, i think i'll get going too.

Wassalaam,
A Sister-in-Islam

"Aasiyah" wrote:
Salaam all.

Having been away for a week, i've just been going thru some of the threads here, and what i see saddens me.

Many old members have left. whats happened to Shabnam, Latifah, Tara, Dave, Yashmaki.... to name a few. with these old members the forum used to be lighthearted and a welcome break from work. yes we'd learn things, but we'd also have a laugh.

nowadays its one new member after another, coming to taunt or argue. majority of the threads are no longer meaningful - all ppl do is argue over silly things. If, tomorrow, a non-Muslim came onto this forum, all he or she'd see is some serious muslims getting uptight over whether theyr allowed to sniff glue or not! :roll:

I think Ed and Admin should be aware that one of our old members actually felt [b]bullied[/b] into leaving by a new member. where has our respect for eachother gone? no1 should have to put up with abuse due to the opinions they hold. no offence guys, but your moderating is lacking in some places.

i dunno if all these arguments go by your theory of ppl arguing more whilst they'r fasting Admin, but if so, i sincerely hope all this will subside after Eid. if not, i think i'll get going too.

Wassalaam,
A Sister-in-Islam

nooooooo Aasiyah u cant leave, but it does make you think it is getin very offensive in here. I have been told off by sis from comin on the forum many times! I was actually gona leave but i cant, cuz its the oldies that keep me here.

Admin i think u gota consider this moderatin job cuz its gona get rather dull without all the oldies. I know i aint innocent some times but if i have said anythin wrong i apologise, i think its time for a fresh start on this forum and a rather strict moderating job!

"Aasiyah" wrote:
no1 should have to put up with abuse due to the opinions they hold. no offence guys, but your moderating is lacking in some places.

yes true ...ppl should respect others opinions here without kicking a fuss, i werent here in past forums SO i dont really see whats changed since, but if someone says something offensive u shud rather just ignore it and leave em 2 it rather than the usual ur dis ur that creating a big hu ha. i also see some people have got an big attitude problem.

No matter how 'bad' we might think this forum has gone, it's not as bad as the many other Muslim forums around.

People have serious issues with each other on other forums.

Quote:
nowadays its one new member after another, coming to taunt or argue. majority of the threads are no longer meaningful - all ppl do is argue over silly things. If, tomorrow, a non-Muslim came onto this forum, all he or she'd see is some serious muslims getting uptight over whether theyr allowed to sniff glue or not!

I was going to bring up this point on the "kissing thumbs" thread.. I have many non-practising mates whom i recently got interested in the revival via the magazines.. i encourage them to come on the forums and discuss and debate about certain issues as they have several misconceptions regarding Islam that i feel can be cleared on these forums.

i think the OLD members are brilliant in giving out a positive light on Islam and encouraging those less practising to become more involved in Islam... However, just yesterday my friend visited these forums and said that there's nothing different about what is being said on the forums that we don't hear from our islamic society at uni (who btw are very harsh in their interpretation of islam and are quick to dismiss everything as haraam)

"irfghan" wrote:
No matter how 'bad' we might think this forum has gone, it's not as bad as the many other Muslim forums around.

i am commenting on wot i know irfan, and that is this forum. comparing it to others isnt going to solve the issues we have here.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"irfghan" wrote:

Doesn't mean we should make this forum like others too. Its true what Aasiyah said, the old old forums were better and light hearted and the discusion was much more like a discussion as opposed to "fighing"

"Aasiyah" wrote:
Salaam all.

Many old members have left. whats happened to Shabnam, Latifah, Tara, Dave, Yashmaki.... to name a few. with these old members the forum used to be lighthearted and a welcome break from work. yes we'd learn things, but we'd also have a laugh.

Wassalaam,
A Sister-in-Islam

salaam

these forums are turning in to rants and sectarian debates totally because of Med, naj, mast kuri, jazzy, al quds and a few other very sectarian, mostly deobandi, new members.
They have taken thsi forum downhill, have narrow minded , backward, intolerant and sectarian views.
Its important that likes of Aasiyah stay on this...because theres only few decent ones left now.

I think the deobandi gang should feel proud of themselves...they have achieved what they came here to do .

wasalaam

Comparing this forum to others allows us to keepthings in perspective. We should be grateful that we haven't gone as bad as other forums.

Besides thused to be vicious. It's just that the wackos started to leave. Since I've joined (about a year ago, my first anniversary soon Biggrin ) it's gotten better.

"irfghan" wrote:
Comparing this forum to others allows us to keepthings in perspective. We should be grateful that we haven't gone as bad as other forums.

Besides thused to be vicious. It's just that the wackos started to leave. Since I've joined (about a year ago, my first anniversary soon Biggrin ) it's gotten better.

lol 1st anniversary!! when? maybe we should throw a party for you :roll:

"irfghan" wrote:
December 8th.

I can't wait. Biggrin

awwwwwwww :roll:

I am gona chek when i was member, if i recall i was a member bak in feb! huh i thought i was an older member than you. hmm let me check!

P.s. ummmm link to old forums?? i cant find it!

"irfghan" wrote:

ok so wot do we do then? be happy that we're not 'as bad' as other forums and ignore the problems we have here?

yes we used to hav nutters, but they were in the minority then...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:

ok so wot do we do then? be happy that we're not 'as bad' as other forums and ignore the problems we have here?

Be happy...

But no, the prob shouldn't be ignored.

"Aasiyah" wrote:

yes we used to hav nutters, but they were in the minority then...

Hmm... yes, the nutters do seem to be gaining in number.

Maybe anyone who posts anything wich is deemed to be intent on causing sectarian debate/'conflict' should be put in some sort of category. Admin could assign ranks to anyone who is abusive, aggresively sectarian, time waster, etc.

"irfghan" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

I am gona chek when i was member, if i recall i was a member bak in feb! huh i thought i was an older member than you. hmm let me check!

Jun 24 2004.

lol i became a member a year or so before u guys Blum 3

"irfghan" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

Jun 24 2004.

hmm so i was right, i am older than you, however i did browse the forum quite a bit before but finally decided to start postin then.

Aasiyah but u didnt post much till later!?

"angel" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

Jun 24 2004.

hmm so i was right, i am older than you, however i did browse the forum quite a bit before but finally decided to start postin then.

Aasiyah but u didnt post much till later!?

yeh i changed my username.

I think we new a new moderation policy. I have just thought up this three point plan:

1. If there is any post that is sectarian in any way, without direct quotations from accepted sources, it should be deleted wether the mods agree with it or not.

2. If there is any direct insult, the post should be deleted.

3.If there is any hint of insult in any post, instead of editing the post to allow the point, it should be deleted.

What do you say?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

And on the old forums I did a very hard job.

I used to edit a good many posts to allow the meaning, but remove the insult. Remember Nas? He had a few very ugly scraps with Omrow.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
I think we new a new moderation policy. I have just thought up this three point plan:

1. If there is any post that is sectarian in any way, without direct quotations from accepted sources, it should be deleted wether the mods agree with it or not

What do you say?

I agree with only that one ^^^

nothing wrong with insults-unless they very very serious and abusive/personal or slanderous

also make one of the rules

-NO SPEAKING URDU/PUNJABI/GUJERATI/ ETC but french is allowed :twisted:

"Admin" wrote:
Remember Nas? He had a few very ugly scraps with Omrow.

no.

we're not as ancient as u-u dinosaur :twisted:

"Admin" wrote:
And on the old forums I did a very hard job.

I used to edit a good many posts to allow the meaning, but remove the insult. Remember Nas? He had a few very ugly scraps with Omrow.

yeh see it mustve been ur moderating then which kept things sweet most of the time.

lol, i remember Nas. i'm surprised the poor guy didn pop his clogs getting stressed over omrow's apparent idiocy. Wink

Not just me. I was very busy with the moderating, but I gotta say the whole team diod their bit.

At that time there was not magazine in print, so that made things easier, as 'Ed could concentrate on the forums. Currently he is more of a browser. He swoops in, make a few general remarks, cussses a few people and swoops out.

"Admin" wrote:
Not just me. I was very busy with the moderating, but I gotta say the whole team diod their bit.

At that time there was not magazine in print, so that made things easier, as 'Ed could concentrate on the forums. Currently he is more of a browser. He swoops in, make a few general remarks, cussses a few people and swoops out.

yeh, Go Moderating Team! (where's Lilsis the Cheerleader? Wink but then agen she aint all tht big on moderating rite...)

Lol re: Ed. u make it sound as tho he uses the forum to vent his frustrations at life Blum 3

doesn't he? Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I am sorry for making the forum s**t Cray 2

I wud limit my self to coming once a week instead of every fricken day like i used to

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

Salam

"Admin" wrote:
a new moderation policy. I have just thought up this three point plan:

1. If there is any post that is sectarian in any way, without direct quotations from accepted sources, it should be deleted wether the mods agree with it or not.

2. If there is any direct insult, the post should be deleted.

3.If there is any hint of insult in any post, instead of editing the post to allow the point, it should be deleted.

What do you say?

I say that if you act on them, then MAJORITY of posts will be being deleted.

All 3 points are very insulting to me.

Please, don't be like President Bush, who goes on fighting terrorism without telling us what
in his view the definition of terror is. No wonder he is not winning. He has not set himself a clearly defined goal.

Here is my proposal:

I suggest that you remove posts ONLY IF they are openly indecent.

And by that I mean posts which contain words that are obscene, sexual in nature, intended to be
offensive to some of my pious sisters on this forum.

All other posts should be regarded simply as personal opinions.

Omrow

GUESS WHO? (lol he makes me laugh, i am killing time, waitin for nxt class)

ASTAGHFIRUALLAH

Celebrating Christmas is Shirk and Biddah

All of you who accept cards and gifts need to repent.

Renew your Shahada or you will go to Hell

ASTAGHFIRULLAH

People who post here are so astray. To them QUran and Ahadith mean nothing. Sister says she does not need the Quran
ASTAGHFIRUALLAH ASTAGHFIRUALLAH
Such blatant BIdah and Shirk

He did have the tendency to twist ppl's words ^^^

...lol no surprise there...

He had it in for me for some reason....but poor Dave had it worse...

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Fully agree with you there lil sis! Biggrin

"chm1" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Fully agree with you there lil sis! Biggrin

I agree with myself too

Dirol

Pages