Independent Brands The Qur'an A 'Hate Book'

[b] Independent Brands The Qur'an A 'Hate Book' [/b]

Independent Journalist brands the Qur'an as 'Hate Book'

The editorial section of The Independent featured a vicious attack on Islam with defamation of the Qur'an. The author, Joan Smith writes: "Personally, I have very little time for the Bible and find the Koran dull and repetitive, as well as containing passages that strike me as prima facie examples of anti-Semitism or incitement to hatred of Christians and non-believers." (Independent - 11/10/05)

How many of us even knew this?

How many have done anything about it?

Complain now against this blasphemous article:

e-mail:

(remember to include full name, postal address and contact phone number so your letter can be considered for publication).

Call: 020 7005 2000

We Muslims need to be more active in the media. The least we can do is defend Islam when it is attcked. Grab a pen and the phone...its not hard, really!

Salam

I don't see that there are any grounds for a complaint.

If she does not like reading the Holy Quran, then its her right.

This is a free country you know.

Thank God we are not living under Taliban.

Omrow

Assalamu Alaikum,

I never knew about it, I read that paper regularly :(.

Yes it's her right to have her own opinion, but opinions mean a lot more when they're printed in a national newspaper which has a broad readership.

In a time when muslims are being attacked left right and centre. When their faith is being demonised. These opinions do nothing but add to the hatred, and in way legitimise it. How many ppl take their opinions from the media? Ppl are so fickle nowadays very few have their own opinions. They will pick up a paper or watch the tv and take what ever some critic says as the truth. Then proceed to regurgitate the same opinions in a parrot like fashion. Nevermind if these opinions have any truth in them. They're not qualified thghts. They've not been proven as "sound", they have just been accepted on face value. Therein lies the danger.

The reason why you see very few anti semitic news in the media is because Jewish ppl are more clued up. They know how to complain, and how many ppl need to complain in order for an apology to be made, and articles removed. In this way they retain the honour of their faith, and protect their communities.

Muslims however seem to take a relaxed attitude. "So what it's her thghts it doesn't matter". Or "complaining won't do anything". Well wrong. If complaints come in plentiful and reach the Quota required, then whether the editors or programme makers like it or not apologies will be made. More importantly in the future they will be very careful about making offensive remarks again.

P.S It's not literature she's reviewing it's what many ppl in the world consider their "holy book". She has no right to review it or any other holy text, like a cheap seedy romantic novel. I wonder how many days she took to study the Quran and review it , a weekend? Ppl takes years or even a lifetime and this lady has managed to review the Quran in little less. Her research must be really in depth.

Salam
I didn't know. I don't bother reading the independent, times or telegraph because they are very anti muslim. The Gurdian is not too bad. Its true that newspapers do infleunce people in society and some newspapers most defo try to portray islam to be a bad religion. However it is our job as muslims to teach these uneducated fools and non belivers what islam really is about.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I normally read independent. Thing we need to remember that some of the things we like abt these journalists is also some of the things we dislike.

Take Robert Fisk, he comes out with soem good articles about iraq. But on the other hand he has also said that we have to accept that the three abrahamic faiths are bloodthirsty, he actually said that we shudnt be tryin to say the texts have been misinterpreted because the fact is that in that time bloody violence was going on.

My point being, those journalists and papers which we like cos they against war etc are same ones which love gays and hate religious conviction. In this light im not surprised, but that joan smith is a proper fool. She has some strong issues with islam, but guidance is with ALLAH.

Ya ALLAH make us amongst Your grateful Servants and guard us from ungratefulness. ameen

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

she also insulting the bible...

she dont like religion, dats her business...

funny how "some" ppl will jump on dis peice of non-news as an example of the "muslim faith being demonised"

and she has EVERY right to review any holy book she chooses...

whats da big deal?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

"St George" wrote:
she also insulting the bible...

she dont like religion, dats her business...

funny how "some" ppl will jump on dis peice of non-news as an example of the "muslim faith being demonised"

and she has EVERY right to review any holy book she chooses...

whats da big deal?

NO Holy book has a right to be demonised

i even had an issue with the bible in txt form

this so called "freedpm of speech" crosses the line