Send in the Clones

What do you think about Cloning humans? Ethical? Not ethical?

Would they really be people? Do they have a soul if they're created in a lab?

Is that playing God? Or simply Science confirming Gods work?

What about making clones just so we can harvest their organs?

Share you're thoughts.

Why not instead of cloning humans to harvest their organs just cloning organs?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

cloning full living beings just to harvest organs I would consider close to evil - Reminds me of that film starring Scarlett Johanssen. Can't remember what it was about (lie).

As for it being "against God's will", if it was, it would not happen. And no, its not playing god.

The soul question is a really interesting one.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

As for it being "against God's will", if it was, it would not happen. And no, its not playing god.

See that's confusing.

Lot's of things that are deemed wrong islamically, i.e we believe God says they are wrong, happen.

Does that mean God wills haraam to happen?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

We believe that both good and bad are ultimately from God. So yes, without His will, neither can happen. Adding to that though, there is free will (remembers last discussion with my wishy washy answers...) which allows humans to choose, but that choice is only there because God allows for it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
...Reminds me of that film starring Scarlett Johanssen...

Just in case anyone is wondering, it is called "The Island".

You wrote:
You wrote:

I thought it was quite good. Or her outfit was quite nice. One of those two things, anyway.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
You wrote:
You wrote:

I thought it was quite good. Or her outfit was quite nice. One of those two things, anyway.

i liked the story behind that, wudnt be suprised if it was true..

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

because there is a donor shortage. And not many living donors will be willing to give up their healthy heart.

There is not two of every organ.

and then after that, medically, there are less risks if the organ is cloned from that person as the body is less likely to reject it.

the cloning will not be a mass market factory operation - each organ will need to be tailored to the individual.

And if there are organs, I am sure they will find people to stick them in.

Afterall, we have all played lego, right? Can't be that hard.

There is a DS/Wii game all about doing operations. Not played it though. Trauma Centre:

">www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AFViRKT52U]

Somehow I doubt real surgery is like that.

"We applied the cortical electrodes, but were unable to get a neural reaction"

Yeah, hand eye coordination is a big thing and important in many fields of life, so anything that improves it would be a boon.

You wrote:

"We applied the cortical electrodes, but were unable to get a neural reaction"

Sad.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Biggrin

Thanks!

Theres not enough donars out there, and even then theres a chance your body might reject it. So what better than having one grown from your own cells. Thus each organ is tailored to the recipient.

I think there was a reason they gave in "The Island" for why they couldnt just clone the organs and hand to create the entire person. Assuming thats correct do these clones have a soul since they were created and not born into this world? Are they even classed as people?

Is there a heaven and hell for them?

Back in BLACK

Q. Does heaven exist solely for humans?

In which case, where do cloned people fit in? Do they just fade into nothingness?
Does the same go for test-tube babies?

Back in BLACK

Would they still not be human?

You wrote:
Would they still not be human?

They're copies of humans. Does that make them human too?

Back in BLACK

yes.

You wrote:
yes.

but would they have a soul?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

If they didn't, would they be humans?

My original answer there was going to be that we need a sample before we know... they may jsut be automatons incapable of independent thought... or they may be like us in everything.

It all depends on what a clone is too... it all gets messy when you think of the different ways and possibilities etc. that are mentioned in scifi - most of them will probably be unreal, but some may work to some extent.

Are twins clones?

You wrote:

Are twins clones?

no

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi