This should help us fear Allah(swt)

If we are scared enough of Allah's(swt) punishment, Inshallah we should show this in our everyday acts. This link is really scary. We must seek his good pleasure. I hope this helps people to become more fearful of our Lord.

Salam

There is no need to be affraid of God.

He is NOT a bogeyman.

Omrow

it should help us Love Allah swt, coz once you Love someone, you fear doing something they disprove of

i.e. like ur Mother

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

harun yahya has some excellent books, very thought provoking...i read one of his books the truth of the life of this world, excellent

"Salam
He is NOT a bogeyman.

Omrow"

Does God not say several times in the Holy Qur'an "Fear me"???? We should be afraid of God bcoz we are told to be afraid.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

Salam

No. God never orders his believers to be affraid of Him.

Omrow

Salaam

Allah (swt) has said that “My mercy has overcome My wrath”

This tells us that we should focus on the Mercy/love of Allah (swt) more then we should fear Him.

Acts of worship that are done out of love are worth more then those acts of worship that are done out of fear…

But this doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t fear Him at all….

Wasalaam

Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent!

Lol, I doubt it. I didnt say we shouldnt love him, I just said we should fear him. Its obvious that we should love our creator. We must also have the fear to keep us on the right path.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

Salam

Love keeps you on the Right Path.

"Fear is path to the dark side".

You end up joining Al Qaeda.

Omrow

actually that is anger.

Fear helps you respect something more powerful.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Therefore, one ought to develop love of God, rather than fear of Him.

"Omrow" wrote:
Therefore, one ought to develop love of God, rather than fear of Him.

i agree

i was bourght up to "love" my Creator and not to fear Him

love everyone, everything thats good Dirol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

its so much easier to fear then love God.

that is why we get stuck in the fear part and find it difficult to reach the love part

we can fear without much trouble and the fear comes from mainly outside forces whilst to love we need to reach deep within ourselves - find ourselves first then find the love for Allah

but in truth we dont know what fear of Allah is until we once start to love Him for we say we fear Him yet continue in our ways. once we begin to love Him we then know how to fear and avoid those things He has ordained and do those he has commanded

so in short we aspire to love Allah and only fear that we may not achieve our goal in pleasing Him

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
"Salam
He is NOT a bogeyman.

Omrow"

Does God not say several times in the Holy Qur'an "Fear me"???? We should be afraid of God bcoz we are told to be afraid.

I don't know about the quran but in the bible it can mean have a healthy respect for.

"seema*" wrote:
its so much easier to fear then love God.

that is why we get stuck in the fear part and find it difficult to reach the love part

we can fear without much trouble and the fear comes from mainly outside forces whilst to love we need to reach deep within ourselves - find ourselves first then find the love for Allah

but in truth we dont know what fear of Allah is until we once start to love Him for we say we fear Him yet continue in our ways. once we begin to love Him we then know how to fear and avoid those things He has ordained and do those he has commanded

so in short we aspire to love Allah and only fear that we may not achieve our goal in pleasing Him

seems on a roll these days Dirol

thats a wicked point

i wasnt brought up being "scared of God and punishement"

and nor do i intend to scare my kids either

Salam

"seema*" wrote:
... to love we need to reach deep within ourselves - find ourselves first then find the love for Allah

but in truth we dont know what fear of Allah is until we once start to love Him for we say we fear Him yet continue in our ways...

Seemo. I wish I could give you a Mercedes for those lines.

I didn't know a woman can reflect this deep.

Such Elegance. Such Truth. Such Beauty. Such Simplicity.

God and His Messenger would be proud of you.

Omrow

such praise Omrow - do i deserve it - its enough to put a lady off her iftari - but not this lady

Salam

This is not praise or flattery Seemo. I don't do such things.

Whenever anyone does something that is good, then they have deserved recognition.

And it is would be stingy not to express delight at such a person.

You're a strong and pious lady. You would never forget to
break your fast. Unless ofcourse, you are in deep rememberance of your Lord.

Omrow

A relevant quote, especially as it [i]is[/i] Ramadhan -

"O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may become FEARFUL" (2:183)

Point to be taken.

I do love Allah(swt), I also find it helps that if I think about the punishments for doing wrong, it helps me stay well clear of committing any sin. If you get caught with a gun, you get 5 years in jail. If you commit rape, you will receive capital punisment (under Shariah law). These are deterrents for us to stop us doing wrong. Of course we should think about heaven too. But just bcoz u may talk about the punishment, it does not make God about to be a harsh and unjust, like some ppl say. Maybe they don't wanna know the punishment. If its in your mind, you will think twice, thats for sure.

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
that ye may become FEARFUL" (2:183)

Point to be taken.

taqwa dont JUST mean fearful-it also means conciousness/awareness of God

Salam

There is no need to be terrified of God.

Ramadan and fasting is not there to make us more affraid.

God says : " O Believers, fasting is written for you as it was written
for those before you, in order that you gain piety " [ Holy Quran ]

Omrow

Salaam

Allah SWT's wrath is associated with this worlds distance from Himself, it is also closely related with the Sharia. However, the wrath that shows its face in the Sharia derives from Allah (SWT)'s mercy and leads back to it.

Although mercy and wrath have a ying-yang sort of relationship in this world (which i can go into, but cant be bothered ryt now lol)..... the two do not have equal weight with Allah SWT.

as i think MS said, its a Hadith that tells us that Allah SWT's mercy takes precedence over His wrath, which is to say that Allah SWT's essential nature is mercy and gentleness, and that wrath and severity pertain to the domain of created things.

The rather stern and forbidding face of the Sharia, which demands that people follow its commandments or taste the chastisement of hell, display Allah SWT's majesty and severity, BUT lurking beneath its surface is the promise of the precedent mercy.

All things came forth from mercy, and all will return to mercy in the end.

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

just on that point about all things coming forth from mercy.....

Mercy's connection with love is especially obvious on the level of theology, because both mercy and love are said to be the cause of creation.

According to the great Sufi theorotician Ibn Arabi, the devine mercy that gives rise to the universe is existance itself.

The very act of bringing things into existance is an act of gentleness and kindness.

This point is heavily quoted in many texts: Allah SWT says "I was a Hidden Treasure, so I love to be known. Hence I created the creatures that I might be known"

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

..Wow, looks like someone has been studying the books of Sufism...

how u knw i been readin?

that could of just been me Dirol

but then again, it shows what you think of my intelllectual capacity Cray 2

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote: