GANG CULTURE

salaam, I am new to the forum and joined after reading the latest edition of the revival which i thought is an excellent magazine that should target the muslim youth to great effect.
Im sure many of you are aware of the gang culture that is effecting the muslim youth of today.
Speaking from experience many young muslims see smoking weed and being in gangs as fun and exciting.
They dress and act like ghetto thugs have no morals or knowledge about being a good muslim or islamic history.
This was shown in your articles such as ali wannabe + eid not weed. Many of these wannabe thugs wont read the magazine and still get mashed and go sessioning on eid. Pakistanis make up a large majority of prison populations and are getting outdone in education by indians. I know many who are still a part of this gang culture and many youngsters who are getting into it.

What are your experiences of this gang culture?
What are the best ways to tackle it?

how many of those "gangstars" who stand in st corners giving dirts woud survive in palestine??? hw many wud face those israeli tanks???... many of ma m8s i grew up with r into ther thug culture.... d bset way 2 apprach them is by not looking down upon them, show ur respect for the as a muslim brava as they no deep down the mates they have are nt real-as they would neglect them at the time of real need.... may of my mates who act hard have opened up to me-ive seen ther soft side, they knw i go to meet the 4 the pleasure of Allah n nt 2 humiliate or talk bhind ther bks... most of those bravas need help and r lost in fustration... so the main thing is to they can confide in u..win ther trust so they know n feel u dnt judge them inside... wisdom is they key... wallahu allam

Gossip is the most destructive thing in the universe...

many of these SO called gangsters are nawt BUT plastic

"ALquds" wrote:
so the main thing is to they can confide in u..win ther trust so they know n feel u dnt judge them inside... wisdom is they key... wallahu allam

I agree.

Too many people are quick to dissmiss and ignore (me included :oops:).

I should make more of an effort, or at least not call them names.

ye bro its our duty to give dawah with a clean sincere heart... guidance is in the hands of Allah..... lol naj ye in reality they r plastc gangsters bt shhhh or they will turn thr bks on us makin it hardr 4 us 2 give em dawa.. so lets just pretend we shiver from ther dirty looks Wink

Gossip is the most destructive thing in the universe...

too right these thugs wont survive in palestine or kashmir.
lets all make sure the next generation of young muslims, i.e. younger brothers , cousins , nephews , stay away from this sh*t and be both physically and mentally strong,

i really encourage young muslims get into education, training and islam.