ARE KHATAMS JAAIZ?

i know this is another topic thats going to have ppl cussing each other and so forth,but i still wann know your opinions,naj i know you really wanted to ask this question too!

back home i think my whole family does khatams,and those things when a person dies...whats it called?? chalees wa or something like that.
i want to know if its a tradition,wether its allowed or not.
we in UK have been told not to do it,dont know why it's done back home tho.
if its allowed why?? if its not allowed? why?? and is it classed as bidat, and another thing how many of you lot celebrate milad-nabi??
is that allowed? why?
is it not allowed? why?

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Furbal. It appears that Marti girl and her family are being led by the nose by some Wahhabis in the area.

Satan did not like the day when Prophet was born. Nor do Wahhabis.

Omrow

and i dont know what you call your selfs omrow and lil sis, modern day alims and alimas?

Actions speak louder than words!

wether you knew it or not omrow,its said that the prophet died on the same date of his birth,so what you celebrating on milad? his death or birth?

Salam

Did you know that Prophet was born 63 years before his demise.

Omrow

duh!!! :roll:

"MastKuri" wrote:

and i dont know what you call your selfs omrow and lil sis, modern day alims and alimas?

nope

just normal people who have issues with people who are quick to chuck the words haraam/shirk and biddah around :roll:

"MastKuri" wrote:
wether you knew it or not omrow,its said that the prophet died on the same date of his birth,so what you celebrating on milad? his death or birth?

celebrating the arrival of the Propeht (pbuh)

do u have a prob with that?

Commemrating the Prophet Muhammad's birth (may Allahs peace and blessings be upon him) is different from celebrating his birth.

We're not the only ones who commemerate the prophets birth but it is Allah who talks about the birth of his Prophet in the Holy Quran

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

We're not the only ones who commemerate the prophets birth but it is Allah who talks about the birth of his Prophet in the Holy Quran

really?

but did the sahaba's commerate his birth?

do u love Him more then they did?

dont u know that ALL biddah is wrong?

dont u know that he (pbuh) passed away on the same day he was born-so how can u celebrate his birth?

dont worry hayduh I dont agree with the above-just pointing out the same old, rinsed out lyrics that always come up when this issue is raised

its like a stuck record :roll:

Ur a top lad Darth.

Humko kiske gham ne mara ye kahani phir sahi Wink

love you too prince.....ess

Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

the fruityness is strong in this thread. hugs all round to darth n prince

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

Hey mastkuri do u want me to read ur hatham when u die. Biggrin

'Waaazzzzuuupppp!!! Razor Dirol

cant u 3 meet in a cafe or something youre taking up valuable opinion time here

hey prince, been a lng tym ...hug hug...kiss kiss. remember the tym we trekd thru the desert in arabia

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

"seema*" wrote:

hard to find a cafe open now that aint got bellydancers in em!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

my cousins celebrate these death ceromonies aswell, which i dont agree with at all,

for me death khatams are bidah...dont care what u guyz think yea,
nowhere have i seen it be mentioned that on the 3rd the tenth or 40th day a gathering be held where participants should recite the holy quran for the benefit of the deceased and after which they should be served dinner,

not part of the shariah

islam teaches that OTHERS should be providing food to the bereaved family where this ACT requires the opposite,

thats what i know,been bought up not to celebrate these types of khatams and been taught it to.

if youve been brough up that way, congrats to you

but why is it bidah?

provide evidence please!! (...not expect Med to get you out of it, and you jus agree)

doing dua for someone whos passed away? why is that wrong?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
(...not expect Med to get you out of it, and you jus agree)

4 goodness sake...i dont expect anyone to get me out of anything, whats your problem?

if u dont wanna agree with me dont bloody agree with me, not like it'll make any difference to u

Khatm = gathering = Mahfil = festival = alot of other things...

Just using a new name or a translated name does not change anything.

If there is anything wrong with them, it must be pointed out exactly what.

Such as 'death khatms'. What is wrong with them? a person dies. You do afsos... you read the qur'an. you set a date for a khatm. you read some more qur'an. On that date, people gather. You read somemore qur'an. You do dua. Which bit is bid'ah?

If the family wants to give out food what ios stopping them? there is no requirement to do so. Immediately after the death, the community will get together and organise the food and everything else anyway...

As was mentioned in the Ettiquettes of disagreement, you cannot just label everything bid'ah. You must provide proof why it is bid'ah.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

Those who refuse to celebrate the birthday of Prophet Muhammad have no right to claim that they love him.

Omrow

Katam.......nothin wrong with it, all you are doin is readin for those who have passed on to give them rewards, nothin wrong with doin dua for the ummah that has passed on or helpin their sins to be lessened (do not scream bidah or shirk at this point or i am gona explode!)

but i'll get all the relevant info of my sis unless muslimsis gets to this b4 me. (i'll try getin the answer, my net mite be d/c for a week or so -swtichin BB companies so there might be a delay)

"angel" wrote:

but i'll get all the relevant info of my sis unless muslimsis gets to this b4 me. (i'll try getin the answer, my net mite be d/c for a week or so -swtichin BB companies so there might be a delay)

Lol-no you do it..

I have no time or energy these days, to spend as much time as I want too...

But yeah, I agree with most of the posts above.

"seema*" wrote:

so true,and no RAZOR i dont want you2
1) your not family
2) i dont believe in that crap,its a waste of time!

"MastKuri" wrote:
"seema*" wrote:

so true,and no RAZOR i dont want you2
1) your not family
2) i dont believe in that crap,its a waste of time!

Astigfirallah! in katams all ppl do is read the Quran/Surah Yaseen and do dua for the deceased, and your contradiction yourself by sayin you wouldn't like prince to do you katam cuz he aint family yet you dont believe in katams?!

For yours and Naj's sake i have evidence wich shows that you can do dua for the deceased so they can be forgiven...watch this space

another thing evry1 is just giving their opinions out here,there's no need to get rude and cocky,evry1 has their own beliefs!
Another thing lil,the same way you say we cant say something is bidah or haraam without proof,you cant say its jaiz,u need to give a good proof telling us why it is,no1 is saying there is anything wrong with praying for a dead person,but there's no need to go to all the trouble of feeding a thousand ppl coz they prayed a few pages of the quran at your house!

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
if youve been brough up that way, congrats to you

but why is it bidah?

provide evidence please!! (...not expect Med to get you out of it, and you jus agree)

doing dua for someone whos passed away? why is that wrong?

whats it with you and your lame remarks?
im sure naj is fully capable of talking for herself!

"naj" wrote:
my cousins celebrate these death ceromonies aswell, which i dont agree with at all,

for me death khatams are bidah...dont care what u guyz think yea,
nowhere have i seen it be mentioned that on the 3rd the tenth or 40th day a gathering be held where participants should recite the holy quran for the benefit of the deceased and after which they should be served dinner,

not part of the shariah

ok here’s some evidence about reward or asking forgiveness for the dead:

“And people who will come after them, they say: O Allah Almighty forgive us and forgive our brothers who have passed away before us with faith” (Surah Al Hashur 59:10)

Hadith evidence:
Hazrath Abu Huraira (ra) narrated:
“After death, the status of a dead body is raised one degree higher and the dead body will ask Allah Almighty “O Lord what is this blessing for and he will be replied “Your son has prayed for your forgiveness” (Bukhari, Al adab-ul-Mofrad: #21 and 22)

Hazrath Abdullah-Ibn- Umar (ra) narrates:
“When a person does an optional charity and associates it with his dead parents then his parents get the reward and he too.”(Bukhari #129)

From the above evidence it doesn't say one cannot pray for the deceased it is said in the Quran and the Ahadith that is is an act which is fully accepted.

In regards to the janaza (funeral) of a person
"Whenever a (Muslim) person dies, and a group of Muslims numbering one hundred pray janazah for him, all interceding on his behalf, their intercession is granted (by Allaah) and he is forgiven." (Muslim and others).

Where was i being rude or cocky mKuri?

look i clearly believe this death ceromonies is bidah, no one has to agree

i dont really understand why these compulsory dates are needed 40th 3rd or whatever to intercede for the dead.

i do dua for my deceased relatives ALL the time and convey my thawaab to them at ALL times, im not saying its wrong to intercede for them ,that would be WRONG.

i dont think there ought to be some dates set when praying could be done all the time.

for the ppl who do celebrate these ceromonies , where did these dates come from?

Pages