Are all muslims 'extreme'?

Salaam

Don't just jump in and say no.

Think of it from the other side.

1. We will defend Palestine 'til the last day.
2. Ditto with Iraq, chechnya, Kashmir etc., and will argue with the mainstream media view.
3. We think homsexuality is evil.
4. If someone disagrees with some fundamentals, s/he cannot be muslim.
5. We can justify war with religion.Its called Jihad.
6. In an Islamic state Apostacy is treason, and the person is returned to god.

Now all muslims do (well... should) agree with all of the above. None of them are fully acceptable to non-muslims.

In their eyes we will always be 'extreme'.

Sometimes we wrap the above in protective coverins so as not to hurt anothers feelings. However the thing is if non-muslims did fully agree with our position, they would accept Islam. Otherwise they will find the position unacceptable.

Is this thinking too deep, or am I on the level? Basically, am I wrong?

Salam

I do not agree with all the above.

So, make another list.

Omrow

"Admin" wrote:
Salaam

1. We will defend Palestine 'til the last day.
2. Ditto with Iraq, chechnya, Kashmir etc., and will argue with the mainstream media view.
3. We think homsexuality is evil.
4. If someone disagrees with some fundamentals, s/he cannot be muslim.
5. We can justify war with religion.Its called Jihad.
6. In an Islamic state Apostacy is treason, and the person is returned to god.

Is this thinking too deep, or am I on the level? Basically, am I wrong?

no nothing is 'extreme' if it follows the laws of Allah. all points can be conducted in the proper manner we do not need to become suicide bombers to defend Palestine etc

Homosexuality is not allowed in Islam - all concerned should have room and help to change

point 4 if someone disagrees with the fundamentals then care should be taken to give them proper understanding and if they still object then Islam is not for them nothing harsh in that just simple common sense i cannot conduct a parachute jump without a parachute.

5. declaring Jihaad at a drop of a hat is a ludricous belief. those in charge need to go through proper channels and get consensus and have the means for Jihaad before it can be declared.

6. apostacy is treason and is Allah's law how can it be unjust or extreme one must go through many hoops to implement the act to ensure that all possible avenues of repentance are covered
(countrys have treason laws for much less)

thank you can you pose some deeper questions please

if any of that is extreme, then im an extremist

as zakir naik said......im an extremist, im extremely happy, im extremely kind etc

and if u take the literal meaning of 'fundamentalist' - then we should all be

those 2 words are often used very loosely and in the wrong context

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

and i'd also like to add that Allah hates extremes we all know this then why must we persist in thinking that any extremes exist in Islamic teachings

no extremes exist all things mentioned by Admin are explanable and not extreme at all

that thing Darth mentioned about dr Naik 'i'm extreme i'm extremly happy'
i'm afraid that is an extremely stupid thing to say. no extreme is good extremely happy could mean one is totally bonkers

as i said there is no extreme in Islam but as lilsis said only people can be extreme as we know not Islam

people can be extreme in religion

this is well known fact

even Prophet (pbuh) warned against extremism in religion

yup ur ryt - moderation is the right way

but some people believe in the media's interpretation of 'extreme' and 'fundamentalits'.

the media and bush use those words so much, it makes me laff - somtimes theyre talkin about people that dont exist

i agree with Yash on this one

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

there's two type of extremism

one type where people follow islam-and wrongly get accused of being extreme

second type when people do extreme things under name of islam

we need to be aware that BOTH types exists

and nowaday-the second type is more common

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
- somtimes theyre talkin about people that dont exist

i agree with Yash on this one

the fact is extreme people do exist but extreme does not exist in Islam

perhaps the media should replace the word with evil and if thats too general then 'blood thirsty maniacs' if thats too much of a mouthful then 'troublemakers'

i've run out of words buy

and i've lost ability to spell bye!

PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT CAUSE DIVISIONS IN ISLAM IT ANGERS ME WHEN MUSLIMS CALL EACH OTHER EXTREMISTS OR MODERATES THESE ARE TERMS COINED BY WESTERNERS. WE ARE ALL MUSLIMS ISLAM IS A MODERATE RELIGION BY SAYING YOUR A MODERATE MUSLIM IS INCORRECT ITS LIKE SAYING I AM A MODERATE MODERATE. IF SOMEONE IS USING ISLAM IN THE WRONG WAY JUS SAY THEY ARE ACTING OUTSIDE THE LAWS OF ISLAMS DONT CALL THEM EXTREMISTS AS IT SUGGESTS ISLAM IS DIVIDED. IN THIS DAY AND AGE ISLAM NEEDS TO UNITE MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE

are so what you are saying is that as our religion is moderate then there can only be Muslims who are moderate but because moderation is already there we must not say it we must just say muslims are muslims

so you deny the fact that we can all have different personalities and ways of interpretation within the same religion

PLEASE STOP SHOUTING!!!!iT IS ANNOYING!!!!! IT IS HARD TO READ!!!1! IT INDUCES HEADACHES.

I am not saying that we should just declare jihad at the bat of an eyelid, or wether it is Islamically allowed to do so. However there are alot of people who argue any religion that can justify force, even for self defence, is violent.

I myself have no problem with force. I find pacifists to be naiive...

The palestinians are mostly portrayed ion the wrong. We always defend them.

And with the rest of the points, they are not 'extreme' to any muslim, but are to non-muslims.

thus all muslims are 'extreme' as their views cannot and will not be totally accepted by non-muslim society. If they did fully accept them, they would probably convert...

My argument is not about 'etremism', 'fundamentalism', or any other 'ism', but just our views are extreme for most nonmuslims to digest.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

My argument is not about 'etremism', 'fundamentalism', or any other 'ism', but just our views are extreme for most nonmuslims to digest.

i agree with ur list above-ur lists is seen by non muslims as being extreme and seen as being perfectly normal by muslims

but why are u overlooking the fact that some muslims ARE extreme

and they are shunned by the non muslims AND should also be shunned by the muslims

I am not talking about those who are extreme. We all agree some are. That is not the question.

As you have said, some of our beliefs will not be acceptable to nonmuslims.

As such why is Islam dressed up as acceptable by everyone? why do people try to turn it into a social club?

I was talking to a mormon (well his parents were, and so was he until he got some more freedom...) yesterday, and the thing he respected about muslims was that we did not alter our faith just to accomodate others. The dificult bits were not just removed, or made less important to accept a larger following.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"seema*" wrote:
are so what you are saying is that as our religion is moderate then there can only be Muslims who are moderate but because moderation is already there we must not say it we must just say muslims are muslims

so you deny the fact that we can all have different personalities and ways of interpretation within the same religion

seema i dont deny the fact we have different personalities but their is only one quran why have different interpretations this is what is wrong with islam , if we all agreed to rules of the holy 'Quran' and believe in similar interpretations then their be no problems

how is difference a blessing i see it as a curse it creates divisions in islam surely if we believe in one interpretation we will have unity

It gives choice.

Read the topic on ettiquettes of disagreement (atleast the quote in the first post...):

The problem is not the disagreement, but the fact that we do not know the Islamic tradition of disagreement. Our lack of knowledge turns a blessing into a nightmare.

Its actually interesting.

Especially if you wanna learn...

Seriously Raf, diversity can be good.

It's only when you start to focus on what divides Muslims instead of focusing on what unites us, that you get probs.

i have nothing agaisnt diversity islam spreads over many countrys and cultures its diverse enough im agaisnt disunity

Those that cause the divisions are the ones who go around branding others as 'not proper Muslims' or even Kafirs.

Unity can be created by focusing on the what we all have in common.

"irfghan" wrote:
Those that cause the divisions are the ones who go around branding others as 'not proper Muslims' or even Kafirs.

And by understand that some difference is allowed.

"Admin" wrote:

And by understand that some difference is allowed.

Ofcourse.

Anyway... I'm off.

"irfghan" wrote:

bro i agree with you 100% divisions are ones who go branding others as not proper muslims e.g muslims who call others 'extreme'. we should focus on what we have in common