Liar, Liar

I'll keep it short and sweet

Lying is a sin in Islam-the one who tells a fib has a disgusting smell coming out of him which results in the angels running away from him/her.

We all know lying in Islam is a sin. And that Allah's curse is on the liars.

All I wanted to gather is a LIST of occasions when lying is permissible or even encouraged.

Discuss

Dirol

to save yourself from dying? providing you dont lie about your beliefs....im thinkin along the lines of.....the stash is in the back garden....he goes to check....get a butchers knife and kill him!!

killing isnt allowed niether....but any occasions when it is? lol

Do not Discuss

Dirol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

1 - In war to deceive the enemy.

2 - When you are trying to get people to be friends again after they've had a bust-up.

3 - When women ask does my bum look big in this.

1: yes. And to save your life.

2: you are allowed to if you are uniting a family. If the husbandand wie for eample fall out, you can massage the truth to get them back together. Just friends? I think there it may not be allowed.

3: unfortunately you have to take the wrath.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

3: unfortunately you have to take the wrath.

lol thats funny,shame on those who even ask such a question

in the religious rebel thread it showed that in them situations lying is OK

(esp for converts)

btw to answer Irfans Q3-u should always tell the truth

BUT CHOOSE UR WORDS CAREFULLY

not a goood idea LilSis

its a no win situation, you have to lie

its painful tellin the truth, trust me Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaam

Many people need to take lessons in diplomacy and tact.

Some people think that they can say anything to anyone, however they want because they’re “telling the truth”.

People who may be literally “fat, smelly, ugly, old, stupid” etc etc do not need to be told this in exactly those words.

Its all about just choosing your words carefully…if one does that they don’t need to lie nor do they need to deliver some harsh home truths.

Lying in Islam is a sin, however breaking someone’s heart is an even bigger sin.

Wasalaam

"irfghan" wrote:
1 - In war to deceive the enemy.

2 - When you are trying to get people to be friends again after they've had a bust-up.

3 - When women ask does my bum look big in this.

TUT! we ask that question (3) coz we want the truth!

Actions speak louder than words!

wrong! its to feel good.

Jst like most questions relating to matters of vanity. You want a positive response.

You buy new clothes. You do not want people to say darn those are ugly! but rather how good they look on you. Most people will oblige with the compliments.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
wrong! its to feel good.

Jst like most questions relating to matters of vanity. You want a positive response.

You buy new clothes. You do not want people to say darn those are ugly! but rather how good they look on you. Most people will oblige with the compliments.

Is that allowed or not?

Probably not.

Just be honest. Or failing that we can keep our mouth shut.

Or reply 'yeah, whatever'.