Is Islaam/Shariah oppressive towards women?

Assalaamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu
to all my muslim brothers and sisters

Salam

Yes. Hi there.

Wasalam to you.

Omrow

Salaam

No

W/salaam

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Men are generally superior than women, as the Lord wills. And they naturally have a physically more perceptible form of authority over society. That shariah recognises these facts may make it seem oppressive towards women, though it is not in any way.

The false feminism breeds only the decadence and dementia prevalent in the vast majority of the world today, clearly, an undesirable consequence.

The concept of equality has basically made all sorts of lewdness, like homsexuality, acceptable in western life. No sensible person should hold to any of its false premises.

"Berachia" wrote:
Men are [b]generally[/b] superior than women, as the Lord wills.

Oh get over yourself! :roll: Islam considers men superior to women in ONE way: physical strength.

and to answer ur question sis: NO WAY! Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

There may seem to be an unfortunately high number of females from both sexes whom, I am sure you've seen, walk around in abundnace these days. Perhaps they confuse your understanding. Alas, there is nothing that can can be done for these miscreants. However, an actual male human being is generally superior to its female counterpart, this is just an indisputable fact of God's creation.

"Berachia" wrote:
There may seem to be an unfortunately high number of females from both sexes whom, I am sure you've seen, walk around in abundnace these days. Perhaps they confuse your understanding. Alas, there is nothing that can can be done for these miscreants.

and there are probably more gays than lesbians 'walking around'... but whats your point? :roll: this hasnt got anything to do with the status of women in Islam.

"Berachia" wrote:
However, an actual male human being is generally superior to its female counterpart, this is just an indisputable fact of God's creation.

i think ul find it is a disputable man-made fact - i just disputed it! Jokes aside, care to provide some evidence to back your claim?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Berachia" wrote:
Men are generally superior than women, as the Lord wills. .

Physically superior maybe.

But in the eyes of Allah (swt) the one who is strongest in Taqwa is more superior.

Islam is not a sexist religion.

superiority in the sight of Allah is with Taqwa.

Men are genreally stronger, and do alot of stuff better.

But women can also do alot of things better than men.

usually what is used to signify male superiority is the verse that men are the protectors of women. They say that makes men superior.

However it does not, as what is superior? the diamond or the glass protecting the diamiond?

The bodyguard or the person he is protecting? If the bodyguard was superior, he would be the one that is being proected by others, not the other way around.

The case is that men are not superior over women, and women are not superior over men.

Allh has given men strength, and also the duty to protect women.

So if guys are abusing that positiion it is doubly bad, as we are twisting a favour given to us, and also failing in our duty.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ISLAM or the SHARIAH is not oppressive to women

but certain Muslim men who CLAIM to follow Islam/sharaiah are oppressive to women

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Physically superior maybe

Actually thats not true.

Maybe I am wrong, but this is my opinion:

If you think about it, women are physically better looking than men.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Physically superior maybe

Actually thats not true.

Maybe I am wrong, but this is my opinion:

If you think about it, women are physically better looking than men.

i'd be worried if u thought otherwise. Blum 3

jokes aside, i guess thats probably y women's awra is more than mens.

i think MuslimSis was referring to physical [b]strength[/b] though.

well islam aint but pakis are...

they see wives as slaves....

may be they pikked it up from the hindu culture... where they pick every thing else up from...

FiGhT fIrE wItH fIrE

hey listen women r gret in Islam...believe it or not but Islam is the only religion that has sooo much advantages for women....they have more than rights than Hindu's, Chiristians, Jews....etc...
look and see the hadiths written about women ...
7)Men status is higher than that of the women : Again this is not true. Many writers who wrote about women's rights refer to the statement in 4:34 as a sign of the man is above the women in status but it is a misunderstood statement. In 4:34, the expression "..al-rijalu qawwdmuna 'ala al-nisa'i.... " means "The men are made responsible for the women, and GOD has endowed them with certain qualities, and made them the bread earners." This expression simply means that God is appointing the husband as "captain of the ship." Marriage is like a ship, and the captain runs it after due consultation with his officers. It does not assign inequality but rather assigns duties to avoid conflicts and disputes.
Quran provides every possible proof that women and men are equal in th sight of God and treats both genders in the same way and rewards them in the same way. Please see; Are women and men equal in Islam? Our Prophet has said:

"Heaven lies underneath the feet of ur mother"

there is soo much more u can find out....do not misunderstand....

I am proud to be a Muslim woman as, i believe, are all other sisters. Biggrin

A Muslim Paradise is not a place of arrival, but a way of Travellin

Salam Muslims
Peace Non Muslims

How can the Laws of the Creator be oppressive? Indeed Allah is Just and He is above all that they say.

In the context of ‘Equality’ Islam does not have an issue as Allah, the Most Wise, has defined the role of men and women each with their own independent standards (not dependant upon criterions/successes laid down by humans or their opposite sexes). Ask them why is a man the yardstick for the women?

Muslims must confront those who equate problems, which manifest as a result, of the secular laws with Islam.

In the history of Islamic State until its last phase there has never been an issue similar to it simply because the individual rights were given and protected and not waited for individuals to demand or fight for it like today’s societies! Today paying tax is not enough everyone has to demand and fight for their rights?

Indeed the Islamic Laws are superior to any other Law simply because it is definitely from the Creator

w/s Muslims
Peace Non Muslims

Please explain why

Fortified by the strength of Imaan and loyalty to Islaam made the Muslims reach great heights, and when the Muslims weakened in Imaan and betrayed Islaam they fell to great depths.

A.A Thank u very much for your answer, u seem to have a very god understanding of the deen for a girl your age, MAY ALLAH PRESERVE IT.
Oh and i lyk the poem, is it something u just write or do u act upon it?

Fortified by the strength of Imaan and loyalty to Islaam made the Muslims reach great heights, and when the Muslims weakened in Imaan and betrayed Islaam they fell to great depths.

[color=blue]asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

jazahka Allah khair lol...nah i didn't write the poem myself but Alhamdulillah i do act upon it.I've just revently started wearing one and ever since then life has been so peaceful and loving..masha Allah...It helps a lot of you read 5 times a day beacuse Allah s.w.a will be very close to you Biggrin

I got a lot of islamic books which i read to help me learn about islam beacuse thats the only way i can learn...in my neightbourhood there's not that many talks or debates about islam therefore it helps if you learn individually....n remember it is faraz upon every beliver to learn about islam Smile

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu[/color]

A Muslim Paradise is not a place of arrival, but a way of Travellin

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
ISLAM or the SHARIAH is not oppressive to women

but certain Muslim men who CLAIM to follow Islam/sharaiah are oppressive to women

I agree with Omrow.

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

Salam

As long as muslim women are not complaining about what Islam has to say about their rights, then I dont see any problem.

Omrow

A muslim women has no need to complain cuz all her rights are given, if she does then there is somethin wrong with her not the rights given by Islam.

"Dragon" wrote:
well islam aint but pakis are...

they see wives as slaves....

may be they pikked it up from the hindu culture... where they pick every thing else up from...

are u a Paki basher?

but ur right that SOME paki men mistreat their women

so cos some muslims oppress their women-people think that, thats what islam is all about

"angel" wrote:
A muslim women has no need to complain cuz all her rights are given, if she does then there is somethin wrong with her not the rights given by Islam.

but sometimes there aint nothing wrong with the women who is moaning but the men who have mistreated her under the name of islam

Salam

Some even slap their wives too.

Not a bad thing.

Omrow

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

but sometimes there aint nothing wrong with the women who is moaning but the men who have mistreated her under the name of islam

Yeh true but i was talkin only in regards to women who think islam limits their rights, but those who are mistreated by men are due to culture or whatever however if islam is followed correctly by male and female then being mistreated and deprived of rights wouldnt be a problem.

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Some even slap their wives too.

Not a bad thing.

Omrow

here we go again :roll: :roll:

Dumbo.

Salam

A slap is not an oppression.

Next you'll be telling me that sending someone to prison is also an oppression.

God !!

Omrow

i know what ur getting at :roll:

v naughty wives need (LIGHT!) discipline at times

so tell me what punishment is there for naughty husbands?

"Omrow" wrote:
no more sugar in... tea.

lol

Back in BLACK

How bout hot tea across his silly face and pathetic hands that are used for violence against his wife?

Pages