In da Bginnin God cre8d da heavens & da earth

Bible group spreads word by SMS

ADELAIDE, Australia (AP) -- "In da Bginnin God cre8d da heavens & da earth," according to a new version of the Bible translated into the text message language of cell phone users.

The Bible Society in Australia launched on Thursday its translation of all 31,173 verses of the Bible in the modern, abbreviated language of text messages, or SMS.

The verses can be accessed over the Internet for free so that the word of God can be spread by cell phone to family and friends, said society spokesman Michael Chant.

"The old days when the Bible was only available within a somber black cover with a cross on it are long gone," Chant said.

"We want to open it up for people of all ages, backgrounds and interests, and the SMS version is a logical extension of that," he added.

The society used the International Contemporary English Version of the Bible and remained faithful to the grammar, changing just the spelling of words, Chant said.

Sending the entire Bible by SMS would take more than 30,000 messages, he said.

[url=

Doesn’t this demean the message of the bible? Who here takes text talk seriously?

If a Qur’anic translation was compiled in this manner wouldn’t Muslims have an issue with it?

They’re trying to make the message seem more appealing to the youth, but I think they're compromising a bit too much…

when u consider christianity is struggling to survive in rich western countries, maybe it not such a bad idea…but to me its cheap and tacky…also its a money making scheme…money is da god of businessmen, even da religious ones…especially da religious ones

new dumbed down versions of da bible are all da rage these dayz...

id seriously doubt dat catholics wuld have anything to do with it…they usually kick up a fuss about dis type of thing…

:?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Salam

As long as the message gets across which God intended for people, then there should be no problem with the types of language used to make that happen.

Those who do not respect God and His Message will not do so even it were written in most beautiful language.

Therefore, we can say that the actual respect for the message is a different matter from the mode of transmission of the message.

Omrow

for your information-

text langauage has negative connotations attached to it

even in this forum we take them people more serioulsy who use perfect english

text talk is for immature people

its WRONG to have a holy book written in that way

well, the Bible has been altered many times, don't think christians would really mind about it being expressed as txt lingo :S

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

Salam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Thats only in your furry head.

One can give negative connotation to almost anything, even to a word "muslim".

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Thats only in your furry head.

One can give negative connotation to almost anything, even to a word "muslim".

then what's stopping u from writing in text language?

why do u go out of ur way to write in standard english?

why do u cuss new comers for writing in txt language if u aint got a prob with it :roll:

Salam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
then what's stopping u from writing in text language?

why do u go out of ur way to write in standard english?

why do u cuss new comers for writing in txt language if u aint got a prob with it :roll:

Listen furbal. I write the way I write simply because thats the way I like it.

Is that too difficult for you to get around YOUR furry little skull?

And, I cuss the newbies because I can't get their words around MY skull.

Omrow

"Princess_Of_Terror" wrote:
well, the Bible has been altered many times, don't think christians would really mind about it being expressed as txt lingo :S

sorry terrorist

but some christians do mind ppl takin liberties with the word of god

im sure muslims do too

like when terrorists say its ok to blow up jewish kids on buses and old ladies at cafes

u get me

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

True. All religious manuscripts should be respected wether they have or have not been tampered with.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.