Special Duaa For Deceased On Thursdays

Salaam Alaykum,

I was just wondering if anyone does duaa for the deceased every thursday? and if you know why thursday is such an important day? i have been told it is because the night before Jumaah is very special and also something to do with the spirits of the deceased coming down or something? (not sure about the second one)
Can anyone tell me more? give Qur'an/hadith references?

Thank you,

i swear it said global warming. you playing mind games with me missy?

yeah me g makes a special dua every thursday, don't know why.

our deeds are presented to the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) every thursday so maybe its something to do with that.

Lol it did say global warming but i decided to write about this instead and forgot to change the title Smile

Yep my family do it on thursdays too and i ddnt know about the deeds thing so thanks Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

why don't you ask your family?

i'd ask me g if i cud understand her.

wednesday wrote:
Deeds presented to the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) (?) eh?

you can read. *clap clap*

Noor wrote:

erm who's your g? :S

Yes i did and the above reasons where mentioned but like with no proper references that this was specificly mentioned to be done as sunnah or whatever so i was wondering if anyone had the qur'an/hadith references or any other info?

Plus my family say it should be done before maghrib because technically after it is the next day and that is why like you should read Surah Qaaf anytime between after Maghrib on Thursday and before Maghrib on Friday so that means its not really night if they are doing it before Maghrib?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

i miss omelettes, i was craving for one in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. been years since i've had one.

our good and bad deeds are shown to the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) every thursday.

whats there to get?

She probably wants a reference.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Noor wrote:

erm who's your g? :S

Yes i did and the above reasons where mentioned but like with no proper references that this was specificly mentioned to be done as sunnah or whatever so i was wondering if anyone had the qur'an/hadith references or any other info?

Plus my family say it should be done before maghrib because technically after it is the next day and that is why like you should read Surah Qaaf anytime between after Maghrib on Thursday and before Maghrib on Friday so that means its not really night if they are doing it before Maghrib?

Surah Kahf, surely?

Surah Qaf is number.... 50?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Noor wrote:
our deeds are presented to the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) every thursday so maybe its something to do with that.

Isn't it the deeds shown to Allah on Thursdays?

links and quotes would make this whole thing easier to digest?

(@ above question I would ask that does Allah (swt) not know anyway?)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

MuslimBro wrote:
Noor wrote:

God sees what we do 24/7. God sees our deeds on thursdays, fridays, saturdays, sundays... you get the drift AND they are not shown to Him, nothing needs to be shown to Him as He is God, He sees all.

our deeds are presented to the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) on a thursday, the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is alive.

Noor wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:
Noor wrote:

God sees what we do 24/7. God sees our deeds on thursdays, fridays, saturdays, sundays... you get the drift AND they are not shown to Him, nothing needs to be shown to Him as He is God, He sees all.

Incorrect.

God sees what we do 24/7, true. However our deeds are also presented to God on Thursdays. Off the top of my head there's a Hadith in which the Beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said "The deeds are presented to Allah SWT on Thursdays so I like my deeds to reach Him SWT whilst I'm fasting."

I've also heard that the deeds are presented to the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) but it was a long time ago and I may be forced to research. (I'm too good to you, you guys don't deserve me...)

@Noor: You seem like you're having a hard time at the moment. Try to relax, inshAllah whatever it is that's drainning your energy will be resolved.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Salaam,

This is all I could locate thus far:

"My life is a great good for you, you will relate about me and it will be related to you, and my death is a great good for you, your actions will be exhibited to me, and if I see goodness I will praise Allah, and if I see evil I will ask forgiveness of Him for you."

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Ya'qub wrote:

Surah Kahf, surely?

Surah Qaf is number.... 50?

Yep so sorry, i did mean Surah Kahf thanks for the correction.

Dawud wrote:
God sees what we do 24/7, true. However our deeds are also presented to God on Thursdays. Off the top of my head there's a Hadith in which the Beloved Prophet said "The deeds are presented to Allah SWT on Thursdays so I like my deeds to reach Him SWT whilst I'm fasting."

I've also heard that the deeds are presented to the Holy Prophet but it was a long time ago and I may be forced to research. (I'm too good to you, you guys don't deserve me...)

Aww thank you! Smile

Dawud wrote:
Noor wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:
Noor wrote:

Incorrect.

God sees what we do 24/7, true. However our deeds are also presented to God on Thursdays. Off the top of my head there's a Hadith in which the Beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said "The deeds are presented to Allah SWT on Thursdays so I like my deeds to reach Him SWT whilst I'm fasting."

who presents our deeds to God? God sees and knows all, past present and future.

i've also heard a similar hadith, the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was asked about fasting (why he fasted) and he Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) replied that when the angel of death visits him Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) he wants to be in a state of ibadah (fasting is a from of ibadah). but now you mentioned that hadith i'm not so sure, maybe i've somehow mixed the two up. insha'Allah i'll try to get some references and stuff.

D wrote:
I've also heard that the deeds are presented to the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) but it was a long time ago and I may be forced to research. (I'm too good to you, you guys don't deserve me...)

there ijma on this. insha'Allah i'll dig some stuff up.

but even though Allah (swt) see everything the angels are the ones that report back the deeds...but im sure thats everyday at Asr time. :S

Noor wrote:

Thank you!

Noor wrote:
who presents our deeds to God? God sees and knows all, past present and future.

Shaykh ul Islam mentioned this and said that, still the ahadith tell us that Allah SWT is presented with the deeds (refering to the Hisab on the day of Judgement). The reason why He SWT is presented with them is out of the ettiquettes of the Divine court. That is, the best of courts has the most filigree of ordinances. Even though Allah SWT has complete knowledge of our deeds anyway. (Shaykh then told how this related to the apparently different traditions about the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) knowing of our salawaat but also being informed by the Angels AS regarding them. Shaykh clarified that the narrations are complimentary as the Prophet's knowledge Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is guaranteed however the ritual of the Angels AS in presenting the Salawaat is out of adab for the Prophet's Rank Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) )

Dawud wrote:
Noor wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:
Noor wrote:

Incorrect.

that is reported in tirmidhi, narrated by abu hurayrah (ra). i was wrong then. i need to do some digging for the other stuff. insha'Allah i'll flog something up soon.

Dawud wrote:
Off the top of my head there's a Hadith in which the Beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said "The deeds are presented to Allah SWT on Thursdays so I like my deeds to reach Him SWT whilst I'm fasting."

Thus the reason why I said what I said.

MuslimBro wrote:
Dawud wrote:
Off the top of my head there's a Hadith in which the Beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said "The deeds are presented to Allah SWT on Thursdays so I like my deeds to reach Him SWT whilst I'm fasting."

Thus the reason why I said what I said.

Noor wrote:
that is reported in tirmidhi, narrated by abu hurayrah (ra). i was wrong then. i need to do some digging for the other stuff. insha'Allah i'll flog something up soon.

Noor wrote:
D wrote:

ok i asked shaykh ramadhan qadri yesterday about this and he confirmed, our deeds are presented to the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) on thursday and mondays or on one of the two days. the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) sees our deeds and asks forgiveness accordingly on our behalf from Allah (swt). this is in sahih muslim.

We sent no Messenger, but to be obeyed by Allah's Leave. If they (hypocrites), when they had been unjust to themselves, had come to you (Muhammad saw) and begged Allah's Forgiveness, and the Messenger had begged forgiveness for them: indeed, they would have found Allah All-Forgiving (One Who accepts repentance), Most Merciful. surah an nisa, v64

Abu Hurayrah says: "Rasool Allah said: 'Deeds are presented (before Allah) on Mondays and Thursdays. I desire that my deeds be presented whilst I am fasting'". tirmidhi

Noor wrote:

ok i asked shaykh ramadhan qadri yesterday about this and he confirmed, our deeds are presented to the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) on thursday and mondays or on one of the two days. the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) sees our deeds and asks forgiveness accordingly on our behalf from Allah (swt). this is in sahih muslim.

We sent no Messenger, but to be obeyed by Allah's Leave. If they (hypocrites), when they had been unjust to themselves, had come to you (Muhammad saw) and begged Allah's Forgiveness, and the Messenger had begged forgiveness for them: indeed, they would have found Allah All-Forgiving (One Who accepts repentance), Most Merciful. surah an nisa, v64

Abu Hurayrah says: "Rasool Allah said: 'Deeds are presented (before Allah) on Mondays and Thursdays. I desire that my deeds be presented whilst I am fasting'". tirmidhi

so erm is this why people may think its good to make Duaa for the deceased on Thursdays?

i dont no, im not those people.

ok thanks anyway.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
so erm is this why people may think its good to make Duaa for the deceased on Thursdays?

They make dua on Thursdays. Its probably not specifically for the deceased. or I may be wrong.

Never mind. i doubt il get any evidence for it, doesnt matter its not like its soemthing bad being done anyway.

oohh thats where you are wrong! heard of bidah?

Pages