Being A Religious Rebel

Salaam

I’ve been talking to my friends recently a lot about this topic…surprisingly its very common.

You may know/heard of girls who used to walk out the house wearing loose/decent clothes and used to change in school and/or at the top of the road…..or them teenagers who used to tell their parents that they’re going to the library or school and would end up somewhere that their parents would never approve off.

Similarly, these days some youth are becoming “religious rebels” instead of being “wild-teenage rebels”.

One can’t help but smile at some of the lengths some people go through just to practise/work for their religion.

I heard of someone who puts on his Jilbaab/hat in his car on his way to the Mosque cos his parents don’t like this attire.

I heard of someone who puts her Niqaab on at the top of the road….I know of someone from up north who tells her parents that she’s going to the library whilst in actual fact she attends religious circles.

I know of girls who bunk school/Uni lectures to attend religious programmes.

I even know of people who secretly spend all their money on charity only cos their family wouldn’t approve….other’s are known to “pretend” that they are doing anti Islamic activities to keep the family sweet whilst in actual fact they’re really doing Islamic stuff.

Convert stories are the most interesting…some still pretend to be part of the religion that they have renounced whilst others do stuff secretly.

Some parents are totally oblivious to the 101 Islamic activities that their son/daughter may be involved in.

Some people are defiant in nature so they have more of a “like it or lump it” attitude…they don’t care how many people become upset over their activities. Others are more diplomatic and dislike upsetting loved ones…so they are more likely to do stuff undercover.

It’s funny as well as sad the extent some people go in order to hide things that make Allah (swt) happy.

Does anyone have any personal experiences that they wish to share…Does anyone know of anyone in the above predicament?

Wasalaam

I have to say this is a very good topic. normally its always about negatives, for once this is a positive topic. Well done.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i actually dont know of anyone being a religious rebel, i only know of

these wild teenage rebels...cnt believe to what extent these teenagers

actually go to in hiding of their parents, stopped contact with alot of friends

becoz of the stuff they were up to

hey its all about attitude dood!

well Mashallah they have the enthuiasm to go out of their way for Islam.

Its an uplifting post MuslimSister.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

LOL

v funny topic-I know plenty

some are known to sneak out to the mosque (instead of the nightclub) and pull a all nighter when their parents leave the country

they spend the night moving their head to the beat of dhikr instead of moving their body to the latest bhangra beat Blum 3

Salaam

One of the students of Imam Abu Hanifah, called Imam Yusuf was a bit of a “religious rebel”.

His poor mother used to take her son to an oil producing factory every morning so that he could work and bring home some money. However, Imam Yusuf had extreme love for knowledge and used to run off to Imam Abu Hanifa’s circles after his mum dropped him off.

Imam Yusuf’s mother complained to Imam Hanifa and told him to advise her son to work. Imam Abu Hanifa told her that her son had a bright future.

Imam Abu Hanifah told Imam Yusuf’s mother that his son would be eating Halwa (Yes, halwa!) a rich man’s food in those days, in the future.

He carried on pursuing Islam knowledge and later on Imam Yusuf went on to become a well renowned judge.

Wasalaam

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Imam Abu Hanifah told Imam Yusuf’s mother that his son would be eating Halwa (Yes, halwa!) a rich man’s food in those days, in the future.

Lol. YES!! HALWA ZINDABAD. MashaALLAH what another beautiful post, if Halwa is good enough for Hadrat Imam ABU Yusuf, why do some people get uptight when I call em halwa lovers? You should respond that Imam Abu Yusuf one of the giants of ahnaaf had halwa.

MashALLAH

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

good point

people should think twice about using the term halwa as a insult-

maybe now people will think twice before using the term "grave worshippers" and "halwa lovin" in the same sentence :roll:

"yashmaki" wrote:

Basically they were against the niqab, i went and wore it anyway without their knowledge. I managed to get in and out of the house in niqab, without bumping into my parents for 2 months. I began to laugh over my little secret once i got into the safe haven of my bedroom, and removed. After 2 months my father caught me, at the front door. I just breezed in like everything was normal. He shouted at me, then shouted at me some more. Now it's died down, but sometimes he still has a go at me. I've learnt to adjust to it, and i think he secretly has too.

Would i do it again damn right i would.

LOL

Power to u-u gangster religious rebel Blum 3

Subhanallah thats what you call commitment and dedication

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaam

The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said “Whoever pleases Allah (swt) by making people angry, Allah (swt) will be pleased with him and He will make people be pleased with him. And whoever angers Allah (swt) by pleasing the people, Allah (swt) will be angry with him and He will make the people angry with him also”.

…. however this does not mean that one can hurt/harm/inconvenience others in the pursuit of Allah (swt) pleasure.

Wasalaam

:? i dont understand that one

explain plz if u can!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
:? i dont understand that one

explain plz if u can!

Basically, many people nowadays try to make people happy at the expense of earning the anger of Allah (swt) in the process.

(i.e. they may drink/go clubbing etc just to fit in with their mates).

Allah (swt) will always be angry with such an individual and will make such a person unpopular on Earth,

And at the same time Allah (swt) has said that if you make Him happy (and people unhappy) He will be happy with him/her and will make such a person popular on Earth.

(e.g Sister Yash wore the Niqab to make Allah (swt) happy, even though it made family members unhappy).

Does that make things a bit clearer? :?

i gets ya

makin bad people happy

and good people unhappy

no...? yes...?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
i gets ya

makin bad people happy

and good people unhappy

no...? yes...?

Now, I've lost you... :?

Basically just focus on making Allah (swt) happy...don't focus on anyone else.

And if you do that you will be loved by Him (swt), the angels, people in heaven and the good people on Earth...thats Allah (swt) promise.

ahhhhhh

maybe it'll make more sense when im hungry Lol

no, im sure i understand it

thanx once again

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

someone i know from up north used to cause world war three in her house whenever she wanted to go to a islamic programme/circle etc

she used to rant and rave and leave the house banging the door in the process

we told her that she should do what she wants but she shouldnt cause such a scene-

if she's having a islamic meeting in the library she should just tell her parents that she's gong to the library

if she's going to her mate house for a programme/circle she should just tell her parents that she's going her mate's house

that aint technically lying-its just not giving the whole picture

a scholar once confirmed that there aint anything wrong with I-m so happy

its better to be a undercover religious rebel then a "in ur face one"

aye maybe so

but disclosing the truth knowingly....is technically lying

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

BROTHER. disclosing means to open , to reveal, so disclosing the truth knowingly means knowingly revealing/uncovering the truth. I dont think thats what u meant is it?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

lol no

i meant the opposite!

been awake since 5am, its understandable Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Assalaamu 'alaikum

i would like to know is it right to do something like that. Meaning is it right to avoid telling parents the truth of your whereabouts when wanting to attend a leture or Qur'aan class. I am asking this in order to gain advice.

"umm_sulaiman" wrote:
Assalaamu 'alaikum

i would like to know is it right to do something like that. Meaning is it right to avoid telling parents the truth of your whereabouts when wanting to attend a leture or Qur'aan class. I am asking this in order to gain advice.

salaam sister! i see its ur first post, so WELCOME Smile and Ramadaan Mubarak!

personally i dont think its right to lie to parents, even if ur going to do something good, because disobeying ur parents probably outweighs the good u gain by going to the talk or whatever.

However, MuslimSis said in her post that if you happen to be having a study circle at a friends house, then u can say 'i am going to so-and-sos house' whilst avoiding confrontation (if u know ur parents do not like you going to islamic circles). this way u get the best of both i guess - keep ur parents happy, AND gain some knowledge inshaAllah.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

telling parents HALF the turth is not lying

and tis is better then being disresptful and rude in their faces-

Yash was right to put her niqab on undercover-but she shoulda been more careful so that she wasnt clocked Blum 3

"umm_sulaiman" wrote:
Assalaamu 'alaikum

my sister asked a scholar this Q once

he told her that this approach is "wisdom"

Assalaamu Alaikum

May Allah reward you both with with goodness Sisters for giving me this advice. And Ramadhan Mubarak to you too sister Aaasiya. Thankyou for giving such a nice reception.

Assalaamu Alaikum

Salaam

I was complaining to a friend of mine yesterday about how I have too much on and feel knackered all the time (even though I’m one of those lazy girls who goes to sleep after Fajr, even if it means barely getting two hours sleep!)

And she started to tell me about her daily routine…how she goes to sleep at 10.30pm wakes up at 12.30 am and starts to read Salatul Tasbi….reads her Tahjud, eats Sehri, reads Fajr, reads Qur’an and leaves for work…she stays awake all night.

All undercover cos her parents don’t approve of her doing “OTT” worship.

I was in awe of the girl. Our pious predecessors were known to spend their night in worship….night vigil is something that I can only speak about and can’t implement.

In regards to night worship a part of a hadith Qadsi states “Doesn’t every lover seek to be secluded with his Beloved?”

Wasalaam

mashallah, i pray allah makes me like the lady ameen,

i alwayz make intention of waking up for tahajjud everyday, but for some reason its not happening, im just to lazy

"naj" wrote:

i alwayz make intention of waking up for tahajjud everyday, but for some reason its not happening, im just to lazy

You can read Tahajud as soon as you wake up for Sehri can't you? Before you eat...

yea , i actually do that since its ramadhan its easier, but talking of days not in ramadhan it proves really difficult,

some one asked me if they dont go to sleep until 3.00 if they pray nafil salaah is it counted as tahajud, or is tahajud as in u go to sleep then wake up for salaah in the night?

they actually got me confused

If that person stays awake till 3 and reads their nafal they are counted as tuhajid, i dont think it literally means to get up as long as you read in the time length given for tahajid then it is acceptable

Pages