Caste and Trade

69 posts / 0 new
Last post

Salam

Furbal. You are failing to see the obvious because you are prejudiced against the idea.

By the way, Prophet did NOT dismiss the fact a man may chose to marry a woman for reasons other than piety.

Please dont put lies on the Prophet. It will get you in his bad books.

I know you dont like the reasons other than piety when it comes to chosing a wife, but get it through your thick skull that Prophet permitted THREE other motives for selecting a woman: Money. Looks. Lineage.

God !!!

Omrow

the Prophet (pbuh) may have PERMITTED them other three reasons

but ALSO said that its BETTER if u marry for piety-and would be succesful if u marry for that reason

only a DUMBO would ignore his advice

but feel free to marry a girl based on what her great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grandad did back in the day

to u this pointless info is prob the foundation of a happy maraige :roll: :roll:

Salam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
feel free to marry a girl based on what her great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grandad did back in the day

That was funny.

Anyway, why should't I marry a girl whose great (times six) granny was a Princess of Persia ?

There is nothing wrong with marrying a women woh was a Princess six generations back.

God does not mind if men select a wife on a WOW factor.

Omrow

you'd be lucky to find one mate...keep on dreamin! Wink

your marriage is more blessed and likely to work if you pick your partner based on thier piety. so its in ur best interests to do so.

u pick her jus coz shes a stunner......she'll skank your visa and make you go old quick Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

omro ur a weirdo

u telling me that if u came across a woman with a beautiful heart, and was religious you'd tell her to get lost if u found out that her great (x1000000) grandma used to make/sell rat poisen for a living?

Salam

I am just saying that a man will feel good knowing that he has married a woman who is an heir to the throne.

Anyway, rat poison ?

Well, You know that I hate mice.

So, it may come in handy to marry a woman with the know how.

Omrow

no1 answered my qsn. Do chawdhry's give their daughters to ghayr chawdhrys?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

chawdhry, raja, and syed family tend to be very reluctant to give daughters outside their caste. They are thought of as cream of crop and castes like us qurayshi tailors are viewed as kameen - working class.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

yes. Qurayshi are a caste, we descended from Ahle Quraysh but we're not Sayyid. Thing is the chawdhrys are land owner and so are the raja ppl. The Sayyids kinda get a monopoly on religion in the village so every other caste takes a trade. Our caste took the darzi/tailor trade but my Mom who is Mughal is also a darzi and my other relatives are Janjua Rajput and they also darzi so its kinda confusing.

But yeh, Im qurayshi.

lady chawdhryis are called chawdhryani. sounds nice

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

A person from one clan can marry one from another clan. Does not matter which clan.

Sayyids can marry non sayyids. Thereis a disease in culture where they say sayyids cannot marry a non-sayyids. And other cans occasionally do the same thing.

The historical reason was probably (e.g.) cloth workers are not good at land work. land workers are not good at crafts etc. In the past each clan had their speciality. If you maried someone from another clan, one of you would have to relearn their trade...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
A person from one clan can marry one from another clan. Does not matter which clan.

Sayyids can marry non sayyids. Thereis a disease in culture where they say sayyids cannot marry a non-sayyids. And other cans occasionally do the same thing.

The historical reason was probably (e.g.) cloth workers are not good at land work. land workers are not good at crafts etc. In the past each clan had their speciality. If you maried someone from another clan, one of you would have to relearn their trade...

yes true about marrying from one clan into another.

but ur explanation for historical reasons abt inter clan marriage is a bit of a flight of fancy bro. cloth workers cant do land work? Lol well my relatives back home now have land and they can pretty much manage that!

No the issue was that Chawrdhy/Raja clans are land-OWNERS, they were kinda like the landowners or barons of medieval times yeh. And the people from lower clans were the serfs who worked the land, astaghfirullah even now in parts of sindh the sai controls his people asthough they are slaves, they are forbidden from stepping out of a certain boundary etc. The reason I think is because obviously ppl like to marry their kids into their family, particulalry as they worry about the girls going into a strange family, they worry about her future. I also actually prefer cousin marriage cos then there is more compatibilty etc. Basically it makes sense if two marriagable ppl exist in one family then what is the need to go outside, that was the old logic.

Even now by us the best marriage is considered to be between first cousins whose fathers are brothers because this way the girl is not leaving her home at all, she is still in her paternal grandfathers home and also the kids born are purely from that household. Basically in our mp culture they dont like it to have a girl outside, my mom and dadi are from outside and b4 they were not liked but now thinsg are changing, well atleast in uk.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

yeh that happens a lot about the blame game. Even if the parents are first cousins and the child wants to get married on mothers side then the fathers side say the mother is taking the boy to her end of our family, and if boy says wants to marry on fathers side then the mothers family say that they are taking our nephew all the way into their side. this is when parents are FIRST COUSINS, so if one parent is from outside then its WWIII lol.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

That was my guess

Land workers have a bad rep with darzi's. darzi's have a bad rep with alnd workers. they have a bad re with cattle farmers. They all get conned by the shop keepers.

If you learn one trade, you can still learn another, but its not easy.

And over time people change trades.... so I maybe talking codswallop.

Back to topic; any clan can marry another. End of.

Its not like hindu culture where you have the untouchables and caste means something in terms of respect...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

That is one thing I do not understand.

They are looking to help each other out, but do not think of the kids who are getting married.

!

unfortunately such things are common. May ALLAH make the situation better. But if you look from your grandmothers view she wants to see her granddaughter and grandson marry and be happy. What would she say if one of her granddaughters married a non-chawdhry?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i aint against cousin marriages

but scientific research has showed marrying 1st cousins can lead to defections or disability in the children.

increased possibility

but Allah knows best

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

We all knw that 73% of stats are just made up...

There is probably a greater chance of defects, but that was the argument when the science thought there was a very diverse set of genes/dna (cannot remember which one). We were supposd to have over 100,000 variations in all of us.

It was found to be an incorrect assumption. just around 30,000. The sme variation as in a shrub.

theoretical science is just that: theoretical. Ideas that have no proof.

/rant about science over...

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
i aint against cousin marriages

but scientific research has showed marrying 1st cousins can lead to defections or disability in the children.

increased possibility

but Allah knows best

brother my friend is a medic and he says all that is a load of cobblers. When it is explained in schools it is over simplified and not actually true, he says the increase in possible problems is soo small as to be not worth considering and this is a medic who just got married to his cousin in pak lol so I think he knows what he is on abt.

Plus my very first Ustadji once said in Ramadan that ALLAH declares to Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam all his cousin sisters as halal and pure for Him salallahu alayhi wasallam. and UStadji goes that ALLAH declares it pure and it is impossible for it to be impure. Ustadji went off and said that these ppl dont even wash themselves with water, they dont know what ghusl is and they lecture us about purity! He goes the diseases that are born are because of their dirrty ways not our cousin marriages.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I think its hard for the elders to get out of that way of thinking, if its all they have seen all they have been taught, we cant expect them to change now in their old age.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I have just deleted my question and the follow up resonses.

"Admin" wrote:

mr admin i'm getting annoyed at the amount of posts ur deleting :evil:

its ramadan and i'm tired-

u always moderate when its not needed

"Admin" wrote:

y'd u hav 2 delete 'em? this doesnt seem to b a hugely controversial topic admin, it seems to me that that was unnecessary. :?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

It was a request to remove all the oohing, aahing, lol's and mmmmh's.

Pages