What Reward Awaits The Belivers?

84 posts / 0 new
Last post

"St George" wrote:
when i was a kid i asked the reverend alot of questions about heaven...he always told me to “shut up an stop being cheeky”

but there must be some logistical probs for god...

like...

if u were married and ur other half passed away, then u got remarried to a next wife, which one would u end up with in heavan...both?

and do ppl who die young...do they stay young in heaven?

do those who died at a ripe old age regain their youth...like wuld my granny be 25 or 65 as i remember her...?

will u meet ppl u hated on earth?

confusing me....

:?:

Hi George,

Remember what our Christian marriage vows say - "until death do we part." There is nothing I have read in Christian scholarship that indicates you will have your wife with you in heaven - it's a nice warm romantic touch but as a matter of scripture it doesn't appear to be validated.

"[i]In the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.[/i]" - Matthew 22:30

If there even are people from your life in heaven with you - you certainly will not be married to any of them since your marriage was finished when you died, we ask God to join us as one until death - and so he does.

As far as I know it wouldn't matter what age you are since heaven since you yourself are not going there - your soul (hopefully) will be - and since a soul is eternal by edict of God age does not matter to it.

"[i]You have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, and to the assembly of the first-born who are enrolled in heaven, and to a judge who is God of all, [u]and to the spirits of just men made perfect[/u], and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant.[/i]" - Hebrews 12.22-24

Age, rather, is something that is relevant to your body - which you will be leaving behind.

As far as I know, Christian scripture there is no garuntee you will meet [i]anybody[/i] in heaven. We know God will gather "the righteous" there with him in the end of days, and it has always been assumed that we all go to the same place - but I guess a better question would be does it matter if we will meet people we hated?

You cannot hate people in heaven - hatred is diametrically opposite the teachings of Christ - you shouldn't even hate people on Earth.

So there are three possibilities:

1. You will not see them.

2. You will see them but it wouldn't matter since you would love them.

3. You aren't in heaven.

"[i]There the wicked cease from troubling,
and there the weary are at rest.
There the prisoners are at ease together;
they hear not the voice of the taskmaster.
The small and the great are there,
and the slave is free from his master.[/i]"

- Job 3.17-19

And what is wrong with your Pastor? He should be answering your questions not chastising you for asking.

You should write a letter to the Bishop if he keeps that attitude.

Salam

"Constantine" wrote:
... so tell me what paradise looks like.

Are these merely symbols of some sort or are these physical descriptions?

Imagine you are surrounded by three most beautiful women in the world.

Add another 70 pretty women. You are in Paradise my friend.

And trust me, they are not your plastics dolls. Nor are they symbolic rewards. No.

Who would want dolls in heavens !! Some sick idiots maybe !!

No, they are not symbolic.

God tells us that they are VERY REAL.

Now you can close your mouth, tiger.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"Constantine" wrote:
... so tell me what paradise looks like.

Are these merely symbols of some sort or are these physical descriptions?

Imagine you are surrounded by three most beautiful women in the world.

Add another 70 pretty women. You are in Paradise my friend.

And trust me, they are not your plastics dolls. Nor are they symbolic rewards. No.

Who would want dolls in heavens !! Some sick idiots maybe !!

No, they are not symbolic.

God tells us that they are VERY REAL.

Now you can close your mouth, tiger.

Omrow

I see.

"Constantine" wrote:
Pleasing God should be it's own incentive...

Some people seek God thus they shall have His Divine presence and those who seek heaven will gain heaven and those who seek beautiful women will get beautiful women.

But the actual incentive is God but there is a high price to pay,

[i]you have to go through pain in order to gain pleasure[/i]

and those who can endure the trials and tribuations in this life just to gain the pleasure of God then they shall have His presence and heaven is just a thing on the side and doesn't mean anything to such people.

I guess God wants to test people who does things soley for His pleasure and who does things to gain heaven.

Well thats the way i see it!

THROUGH LOVE all that is bitter will be sweet.
Through Love all that is copper will be gold.
Through Love all dregs will turn to purest wine.
Through Love all pain will turn to medicine.
Through Love the king will turn into a slave!

lilsis and emperor dave...thanx for not telling me to shut up and stop being cheeky...

interesting stuff....maybe the soul makes the journey to paradise, leaving da body behind for the worms to feast on...

i think being like an angel wuld be a great reward for livin a righteous life...but i always liked to dream about meetin loved ones who passed away...its comfortin to think that they r now in a better place, and maybe one day we will meet again...

my reverend, when i was young, was quite a badtempered man...funny dat, he just didnt like to be asked questions at all...he liked to dictate...shame cos it made me stop going to church for ages...

Smile

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

"St George" wrote:
when i was a kid i asked the reverend alot of questions about heaven...he always told me to “shut up an stop being cheeky”

but there must be some logistical probs for god...

like...

if u were married and ur other half passed away, then u got remarried to a next wife, which one would u end up with in heavan...both?

and do ppl who die young...do they stay young in heaven?

do those who died at a ripe old age regain their youth...like wuld my granny be 25 or 65 as i remember her...?

will u meet ppl u hated on earth?

confusing me....

:?:

Matthew 22:25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:
26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.
27 And last of all the woman died also.
28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
We won't be married in heaven or the ressurection but we'll bee likee the angels.

There ya go - thanks st mark

agewise it would be what we actually consider old these days. Supposedly around 40, when we are supposed to wisen up.

re the physicalities of heaven, we do not know. there have been descritions, but they have been laced with 'its like that, but a million bazillion times better than you can imagine.'

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Im having difficulty getting my head around the idea of eternity and Im sure Im not the only one. I can't begin to comprehend living forever, has Allah purposely blocked this concept from our minds?

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

nope

put everything into perspective, this life is a few seconds. the next life is forever. forever ever, forever ever, forever ever? lol

thats what you gotta keep in mind everyday, it helps abstaining from any wrong doings knowing that the punishment isnt jus something you will bear for a short while and thats all. its eternal baaaaaby!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Dave. The response by us to eg a woman who had more than one hsuband is that in the paradise she will be inclined to the most pious of her husbands and will be his wife in the garden.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
Dave. The response by us to eg a woman who had more than one hsuband is that in the paradise she will be inclined to the most pious of her husbands and will be his wife in the garden.

I would have thought it was her choice?

besides we do not know what heaven is like, and wether earthly rules even apply.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Yes it is her choice. I have been taught that in the garden she will choose the husband who was most pious.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
Yes it is her choice. I have been taught that in the garden she will choose the husband who was most pious.

Are you trying to say women are logical?

again you have lost the plot!

I think people should read surah Rehman in the quran...gives a beautiful description of paradise...

Also, in heaven the body will be 40 times stronger than the earthly body, the prophets(saas) will be 1000 times stronger than that - that is 40,000 times stronger than the earthly body!!! (this is a hadith)

Heaven will be a society like what we have now but without the negative bits. There are 100 levels each with it's own beauties and depending how you've been on earth will depend on which level you belong..the highest level is Janat-al-Firdaus.

When we imagine for something to eat it will be presented to us, we might eat a apple one time but the next time the taste will be completely different! There will be a drink for the heavenly people which will be whiter than milk and sweeter than honey...

When we have eaten we will burp but the smell will be like the smell of a rose....this burp will be sufficient to digest the food we eat...no excretion necessary!!

Oh! and another thing, don't bother imagining it becuase it will be nothing like we have ever seen or will see on earth...the descriptions or there for us to strive to do good things in this world and to praise the lord, our master and to follow his commandements....

Work today and get paid tomorrow....

The best preacher is the conscience, the best teachers are time and experience, the best book is the world, the best friend is God

I just pray we all get there Inshallah, i'd be mighty gutted if i didn't!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

inshallah......its funny and stupid when ppl say to me YOU SORTED, u going to heaven anyway coz u got 2 hafiz in your family

yeh, i get that aswell. But mashaALLAH its good you have a hafiz in your family, it is a postive start innit.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Rass-malai INNIT!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
Rass-malai INNIT!!

That was pretty random!

I hate that word "innit"

tell me about it innit :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaam

It is true that the love of Allah (swt) and His pleasure should be our incentive.

According Imam Ghazzali the one who is motivated by the blessings of paradise is likened to slave who ONLY serves his master because he will be paid at the end of the day.

Another type of worshipper is the admirable worshipper who worships God for the sake of God.

Such worshippers are likened to the person who looks upon his beloved for the sake of the beloved, not because his beloved gives him silver and gold…..but because he seeks his Beloved’s pleasure, love and nearness.

We are told that “the pleasure of Allah (swt) is the GREATEST of all blessing’ (Surah Tauba 72).

There are some people who will be blessed with the opportunity to witness Allah (swt).

After seeing Allah’s (swt) reality, ALL the other blessings of heaven will be considered insignificant compared to this blessing. This is the same glorious blessing that Prophet Musa (pbh) could not view on earth.

Such a glorious meeting is beyond the comprehension of the human mind. Seeing His divine Presence is beyond the scope of imagination. There would be no time limit to this blessing because space and time is irrelevant in the hereafter.

This should be our aim/expectation, and this is what we should work for….

Wasalaam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam

It is true that the love of Allah (swt) and His pleasure should be our incentive.

According Imam Ghazzali the one who is motivated by the blessings of paradise is likened to slave who ONLY serves his master because he will be paid at the end of the day.

Another type of worshipper is the admirable worshipper who worships God for the sake of God.

Such worshippers are likened to the person who looks upon his beloved for the sake of the beloved, not because his beloved gives him silver and gold…..but because he seeks his Beloved’s pleasure, love and nearness.

We are told that “the pleasure of Allah (swt) is the GREATEST of all blessing’ (Surah Tauba 72).

There are some people who will be blessed with the opportunity to witness Allah (swt).

After seeing Allah’s (swt) reality, ALL the other blessings of heaven will be considered insignificant compared to this blessing. This is the same glorious blessing that Prophet Musa (pbh) could not view on earth.

Such a glorious meeting is beyond the comprehension of the human mind. Seeing His divine Presence is beyond the scope of imagination. There would be no time limit to this blessing because space and time is irrelevant in the hereafter.

Wasalaam

salam

well said Muslimsister!

THROUGH LOVE all that is bitter will be sweet.
Through Love all that is copper will be gold.
Through Love all dregs will turn to purest wine.
Through Love all pain will turn to medicine.
Through Love the king will turn into a slave!

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam

Wasalaam

You strike me as such a person.

Interestingly enough you have found a point of convergence for me

"Constantine" wrote:

You strike me as such a person.

Interestingly enough you have found a point of convergence for me

what does "covergence" mean?

btw I dont see nothing wrong with focusing on the reward for heaven

point of convergance, would i be right in saying a point which would entice him towards converting?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

No, no possibility of converting. I am unconvertable.

A point of convergence is a place where two ideas converge - or approach an intersecting point.

I wasn't really seeing any connection at all between the heaven that you are describing, and the one the bible describes until MuslimSisters post.

Thus I have a slightly better understanding.

Islam and Christianity share the most commonalities in my opinion. It’s the only religion which I share an empathy with.

Pages