A COMMUNITY RESPONSE TO SOME OF THE ANTI-TERROR PROPOSALS

Salaam

[url=

Quote:
In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate
[size=18]A MUSLIM COMMUNITY RESPONSE TO SOME OF THE PROPOSED ANTI-TERRORISM MEASURES[/size]

As members of the Muslim community the undersigned individuals and organisations feel the need to communicate our view regarding some of the recently proposed anti-terrorism measures in the aftermath of the London bombings, and address statements made by the Prime Minister in the past few weeks. The British Muslim community has always been a law-abiding community and all its endeavours to create a more just society have been entirely peaceful...

...I noticed suggestions for fighting terrorism are prominently absent from the resolution.

It is just a suggestion, but much of the suspicion that haunts muslims in the US is that they are ever ready to try to veto anti terror measures but never provide reasonable measure themselves. This gives the impression they are not "along for the fight."

Perhaps it would be a wise idea for the muslim community to provide some reasonable alternative measures for fighting terrorism at home.

you're right, we should all eat more halwa, plus its good for you.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Salam

"Constantine" wrote:
...I noticed suggestions for fighting terrorism are prominently absent from the resolution.

It is just a suggestion, but much of the suspicion that haunts muslims in the US is that they are ever ready to try to veto anti terror measures but never provide reasonable measure themselves. This gives the impression they are not "along for the fight."

Perhaps it would be a wise idea for the muslim community to provide some reasonable alternative measures for fighting terrorism at home.

Excellent point Constantine.

Muslims often point their fingers to the bad western policy.

Extremism is a disease which leads people to commit acts of terror.

This has to addressed by the muslims themselves.

However, muslims would need government help in successfully eradicating the roots of extremism, such as dodgy mullahs, radical groups, alienation and so on.

Are the authorities willing to help us ?

Omrow

c'mon it is so bloody rare

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Omrow" wrote:
However, muslims would need government help in successfully eradicating the roots of extremism, such as dodgy mullahs, radical groups, alienation and so on.

Are the authorities willing to help us

Not precisely sure, but given the gravity of suspicion against the muslim community they probably shouldn't count on it.

Yes they are. Read the news.

"100" wrote:
Yes they are. Read the news.

I think the nonmuslim community has one course of action for fighting terrorism and the muslim community wishes to pursue a different course of action.

Obviously both are interested in destroying terrorism.

However I think it's pretty clear their differences of opinion have led to a lack of interest in cooperating - even listening to - the other's solution.

"[i]We've[/i] got this figured out - follow [i]us[/i]"
"No [i]we've[/i] got this figured out - follow [i]us[/i]"

The british gov is not serious.

Everyone knows the first step is acceptance of the problem.

(you all know... denial followed by acceptance followed by solution...)

The gov is still in denial about the problem. They see it as a laboratory problem not linked to the real world.

So do they want to get rid of terrorism? yes. Are they serious? unfortunately no.

The spanish gov was serious.. It solved its problems. There is even better racial harmony there than before the madrid bombings!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Are you really sure you want to use the Spaniards as an [i]example[/i]?

why not? there is some good everywhere.

Why what have you read?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
why not? there is some good everywhere.

Why what have you read?

Most nonmuslims looked at that example as appeasment at best and cowardice at worst.

which one? the supporters of Hose Mari Asnar?

The opposition always said if it won, it would remove the presence. It won. It dod what it said it did.

Foreign commentators then may have spun that as appeasement. They did what the majority of the population told them to do.

I know that this not the democracy seen in most of the world (they actually did what the people demanded!), but i shall not hold that against them.

However that is not all they did.

They also dealt with problems between ethnic groups, started programs etc, and within a small time period, distrust was reduced.

lol admin you need to stop thinking in "realities" and start thinking in perceptions.

A muslim telling a nonmuslim to strike down all their antiterror measures and do all the things the terrorists want is not going to work.

Perception is everything - it's everything in politics, and everything in history.

Heh, imagine Blair (Or Bush) say 'I understand what you are saying about wanting better public transport.. However If I give it will be percieved as the appeasement of the voters. besides since I promised it, you could call it bribery. So I will not give you beter transport.'

It when people become too smart for themselves, tht we run into alot of problems.

Ok. I do understand your point, even though I find it false.