Indonesia: The country with the largest muslim population!

Salaam

Think about the title.

And then think there was never an Islamic state there.

Islam was spread throughout that region through the brillitant character of muslim traders visiting the region.

And character is the main thing we seem to have lost over time.

They never had their own Caliph's or submitted to another Caliph?

Who ruled them?

"Admin" wrote:

Think about the title.

There's a spelling mistake in it.

"irfghan" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Think about the title.

There's a spelling mistake in it.

lol!

corrected.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Constantine" wrote:
They never had their own Caliph's or submitted to another Caliph?

Who ruled them?

Interesting...

Never read anything about the history of Muslims in South-East Asia. Should make a start.

Anyone know any good books?

It would seem to me if the largest muslim nation on the planet was able to grow to such an extent, a Caliph is unnecessary for the muslim community, and is not so indivorcable from Islam as has been suggested.

"Constantine" wrote:
It would seem to me if the largest muslim nation on the planet was able to grow to such an extent, a Caliph is unnecessary for the muslim community, and is not so indivorcable from Islam as has been suggested.

Indonesia didn't become a state until the Dutch colonised it. Before that it was a collection of many sultanates. They did have relations with the Ottoman and Mughal governments.

A situation where one caliph physically ruled over all the Muslim lands barely existed at any point in history.

"salaf" wrote:
A situation where one caliph physically ruled over all the Muslim lands barely existed at any point in history.

I got that impression after reading about the Caliphate in Al Andalus.

"salaf" wrote:

Indonesia didn't become a state until the Dutch colonised it. Before that it was a collection of many sultanates. They did have relations with the Ottoman and Mughal governments.

Saves me having to do any reading. Biggrin

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i heard indonensions have the best manners in the world

I heard Koreans did

"Constantine" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i heard indonensions have the best manners in the world

I heard Koreans did

I have heard of the loch ness monster!

Beat that.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Whats up with that?

Tourist trap or what?

Its real!

well...

we will let the scot explain...

"Admin" wrote:
Its real!

well...

we will let the scot explain...

What is it?

a scot is someone from scotland.

Loch ness is a loch in scotland. The deepest one I think...

If there was something there it would have been by now...

So loch ness monster is a tourist trap.

They go there. They go missing. locals go it wasn't us. honest. it was that monster!

The last bit I made up.

hahahaha

I'll be sure not to visit...

"Constantine" wrote:
hahahaha

I'll be sure not to visit...

no you have to come, its a beautiful loch, known as loch lomand and the loch ness monster is pretty harmless so i have heard.

I take it you think it's real?

she lives in a fatansy land where the Loch Ness and Dolphins play happily together in the seas of scotland

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

hahahhahahahahhahahahhaha

ohhh that's good

that's so good

there is no comeback to that!!

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
she lives in a fatansy land where the Loch Ness and Dolphins play happily together in the seas of scotland

That would be the case if i thought the loch ness monster actually exisited :roll: (dave i was being sarcy in case u didnt realise, thats one thing american ppl are slow at pickin, or maybe i didnt use enough sarcasm)