Yousuf Youhana embraces Islam

Famous Pakistani cricketer Yousuf Youhana converts from Christianity to Islam,and is Muhammad Yousuf now.

Quote:
It may not be official yet, but Mid Day has reasons to believe that Pakistan cricketer Yousuf Youhana has converted to Islam last week.

But some of the middle-order bat’s teammates yesterday revealed that he had said the ‘Kalema’ (the declaration to convert) on his recent trip to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. Wife Tania and children have supported his decision.

“The conversion took place with members of a ‘Tableeghi jamaat’ (missionaries) present with him in Mecca, where he and his family said the ‘Kalema’ and later performed the ‘Umra’ (a visit to holy Mecca),” one player told Mid Day, on condition of anonymity.

“Youhana and his family have also been issued certificates in the holy place confirming their Muslim status that allowed them to perform ‘Umra’.”

Youhana neither confirmed nor denied his decision, but chose to keep silent on the issue, as he wanted to respect his parents’ sentiments. They are reportedly unhappy with the decision, as are many of his relatives.

Said the player: “He is facing a tough time. At the moment, he is trying to balance things and get them through this tough period for them.

“It is also true that two Pakistan players had played a key role in helping him with the decision, which was first opposed but later supported by his wife.

“Youhana was going to convert a few years back, but having faced opposition and emotional blackmail from his wife, parents and other relatives, he had to stall the inevitable.

He then convinced his wife and children of the need to become Muslims, while some players played a key role in this process,” the player confirmed.

Those aware of the events that led to Youhana’s conversion, say that he had gradually showed interest in the Islamic teachings a few years ago. This was when he moved around with the Pakistan team and saw them praying and preaching.

A Pakistan team member said Youhana now prayed regularly and was getting help from a notable Islamic teacher to read and understand the Koran.

The source also said Youhana has taken his children out of a modern private school in Lahore and enrolled them in a school with more Islamic leanings.

[url]

What would happen if a woman converted to islam and her husband did not?

I was under the impression muslim women were not allowed to marry nonmuslim men.

I believe the marriage between her and her husband would be considered invalid, i.e. she would be a sing le muslim woman.

However obviously under British law she would still be married.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

If a woman is converted to Islam,then she must tell her non muslim husband about Islam and its teachings,and if he converts the marriage remains there,otherwise,she must leave her husband

HELP! i've fallen and i can't....................HEY nice carpet!

Are you lot sure that marriage is nullified?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

What about the children - should they not choose to convert?

"Constantine" wrote:

Will not that depend on the age of the child?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Will not that depend on the age of the child?

lol I have no idea - does it?

well, a two year old cannot choose. A teenager most probably can.

"Admin" wrote:

Okay then, a 14-18 year old child refuses to convert - what then?

I assume that if a muslim woman is not allowed to marry a nonmuslim man it is to ensure that the next generation is muslim.

"Constantine" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Okay then, a 14-18 year old child refuses to convert - what then?

I assume that if a muslim woman is not allowed to marry a nonmuslim man it is to ensure that the next generation is muslim.

Their choice.

Do you mean it's the kids choice to convert or the mother's choice to remain continue her motherly duties?

My question is if a woman with nonmuslim children converts and her children refuse to, is she still binded to them like she was binded to her husband, or does she have a duty to leave them behind like she must leave her husband?

"Constantine" wrote:
Do you mean it's the kids choice to convert or the mother's choice to remain continue her motherly duties?

My question is if a woman with nonmuslim children converts and her children refuse to, is she still binded to them like she was binded to her husband, or does she have a duty to leave them behind like she must leave her husband?

she is still their mother.

"Admin" wrote:
Are you lot sure that marriage is nullified?

I is thinking that too...

marriage is no joke no matter who u ya been married too...

got NE proof or just summing u assumed?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

When did this news about Youhana break? I aint been on therevival for only about 10 days and so much has happened! I kinda feel out of touch. aww.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

has this been confirmed yet?

So far it is all just 'reliable sources claim...'

[b]Yousuf Youhana embraces Islam, changes name [/b]

Monday, 19 September , 2005, 14:38

Karachi: Pakistani batsman Yousuf Youhana has taken the Muslim name of Muhammad Yousuf after embracing Islam.
Youhana confirmed on Sunday that he had become a Muslim along with his wife and children.

"My Islamic name is Muhammad Yousuf and my wife's name is now Fatima from Tania," said Youhana, 32, who has played 59 tests and 202 one-day internationals. [b]Reuters[/b]

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

lol so this guy is the derek jeter of Cricket or something?

who?

The greatest baseball player in the world.

"Admin" wrote:
has this been confirmed yet?

So far it is all just 'reliable sources claim...'

Yes i am cent percent sure,it has been on media since a while,many of his interviews have also been published.
Infact the main role in his conversion was played by the skipper Inzamam and former opener batsman Saeed Anwar,and due to lectures of Maulana Tariq Jameel at Raiwand,Lahore he got more attracted .

HELP! i've fallen and i can't....................HEY nice carpet!

Mawlana Tariq Jameel aap ki roohaniat par mein qurban jaaon.

Mawlana Tariq Jameel! May I be sacrificed on your spirituality!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Med english only please.

It wastes alot of my time reading things twice.

:evil:

Besides if you have it in english, you do not need the urdu...

Urdu Zindabad

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Hye I got nowt against Urdu.

However as with everything else, there is always a time and a place.

"Med" wrote:
Urdu Zindabad

Zindabaad! Dirol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ