A new Revival website

Salaam everyone,

The Revival website (therevival.co.uk) and the revival forums will be redeveloped inshallah by Eid.

To make the new website a great place for everyone we want everyone to suggest ideas on content and features along with links to websites that are considered to be good and why.....

If you are or know someone who is a good web developer/desinger we have a number of great opportunities so please contact us.

Please post your suggestions here or email them to .

wasalaam

You do realise that adding a new theme to this cms/site would be much easier than scrapping all the data/posts that have been accumulated over the years and starting from scratch with what will most likely be an inferior solution?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Come one man! Don't scrap all the posts and make us re-register!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Theres nothing wrong with this site. It doesnt need an upgrade.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

It looks ugly. (and I cannot believe that for a while I liked the look of the new site!)

Come on, if you had an ugly kid you would put it out of its misery!

PS the loss of data is an assumption. I am assuming that the nwe management will not take it over. I may very well be wrong.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Is it an assumption worth forgetting about?

You wrote:
It looks ugly. (and I cannot believe that for a while I liked the look of the new site!)

Its not that bad. If they do decide to upgrade whats to say it will attract more ppl? Say the upgrade does appeal to the newbies what happens when the novelty wears off? They will just disappear. If anything i think we all need to improve our welcoming speeches (myself included) and be a bit more friendly to the newbies and a little less sarcastic (you know who you are)

You wrote:
Come on, if you had an ugly kid you would put it out of its misery!

Well in that case you better start praying that when you have kids they dont get your genes :badgrin:

What will happen to posts on this forum. Will you transfer them or delete everything everyone done so far?

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

Naz wrote:

Its not that bad. If they do decide to upgrade whats to say it will attract more ppl? Say the upgrade does appeal to the newbies what happens when the novelty wears off? They will just disappear. If anything i think we all need to improve our welcoming speeches (myself included) and be a bit more friendly to the newbies and a little less sarcastic (you know who you are)

Defo!!!

I think the magazine should be improved instead of the website. (e.g make it fatter, add a fashion page and more real life stories.)

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

Young Anonymous Muslimah wrote:
add a fashion page and more real life stories.)

Its not 'Now' magazine!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Now magazine??

its not unislamic to have a fashion page and real life stories, it just depends wot sort of stuff u put on it.

Anyway i was saying that as i think it would attract more people.

You wrote:

isnt that what i said from the begining.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

I think the magazine should be improved instead of the website. (e.g make it fatter, add a fashion page and more real life stories.)

Thats not a bad idea. Maybe have like the lastest Jilbabs or something. But the heads will have to be cut off.

love to live but living to die wrote:
Naz wrote:

Thats not a bad idea. Maybe have like the lastest Jilbabs or something. But the heads will have to be cut off.

nope that won't work, you either have it with the heads or don't have em at all! and after a while, it'll become boring, since there aren't many designs to keep it going, and that might mean the Revival recruiting designers to keep the page a success and still 'attracting' audience...

but what i can suggest is having a 'fashion page' on the forum, one in Sisters section, and one in the bhai jaan's ... so one can advertise as well as tell each other abt somehting they tried with their garment and looked 'cool' etc etc etc

however, however, HOW-EVER... instead of putting up pics and stuff, you can talk about the latests trends, and what accessorise are appropriate for a particular season, and suits the muslim criteria, or looks for different occasions and how to put it together etc. etc. etc.

nyways it depends on the Editors, but i hav to warn you, it's not gna be popular with some audience!

The heads serve no purpose, its the jilbab that is being advertised. True there arent many designs of Jilbabs so maybe they should just have this fashion page as a temp rather than a permanent thing. If one wants to advertise they can do it via the magazine that way the magazine is making money.

What do you mean by garments? Elaborate please.

As for accessories some ppl consider them as adornments and by wearing them your beautifying yourself so that might be a no no. By the way thats not my opinion just something ive heard.

Sure, u don't need the heads, hav u seen the shukr website, the hijab shop website and the Islamic design house website? they all manage it. Actually theres loads that just show from the neck(covered by a scarf) downwards. And if u search around, thers loads of jilbabs.

Plus, not everyone sez u hav to wear a jilbab, so they cud show modest clothing too. Smile

(a bit like the sisters magazine, if youve seen it.)

Sure, u don't need the heads, hav u seen the shukr website, the hijab shop website and the Islamic design house website? they all manage it. Actually theres loads that just show from the neck(covered by a scarf) downwards. And if u search around, thers loads of jilbabs.

Plus, not everyone sez u hav to wear a jilbab, so they cud show modest clothing too. Smile

(a bit like the sisters magazine, if youve seen it.)

Why don't you put a page of fashion ideas together and email it to the Editor.

He may well consider it

Don't just do something! Stand there.

its sunnah for men to apply kohl. mehndi/accessories could come under tabarruj.

You sure about that?

wednesday wrote:
*Naz: I use the word 'garment' for all sort of clothing basically anything made up of fabric (habitual)

Thats theft. Primark have been sued loads of times because that exactly what they do. Monsoon was successful in suing them.

wednesday wrote:
*YAM: hmmm, the thing is they are websites/mags selling those stuff, so really in order to advertise their products, they have to put up pics which is understandable... you could steal their pics/patterns for inspiration and can create Moodboards for the season and present 'what's in' in that manner? instead of just sticking with just one style.... (i must warn you, it requires a lot of planing and it's very time consuming!)

About modest clothing: good idea, but some may not like it, they prefer to stay traditional and modest with the jilb ... do you get what i mean?

About Accessorise: pish posh! in that case women/men mustn't apply Kohl or henna because they too are for adornment purposes! and anyways, who wants to go OTT with accesorise, you'll end up looking like a walking Claire's!

If one was to advertise western clothes, again like the Jilbab there are only so many designs for a skirt. You couldn’t really have a womans fashion page with jeans and trousers on it coz of this whole issue of them being clothes that are worn by men blah blah blah.

As for accessories, especially earrings, they do add to ones beauty (ive not till this day come across a woman who doesn’t look nice in earrings) and thus attract attention. Anklets would be a big no no coz they jingle when you walk. Again really long necklaces with things hanging off them make noise and well.

I dont have anything against ppl who choose to accessorise (when I can be bothered I accessorise) but im just looking at the alternative argument that some ppl might present if a fashion page with accessories and western clothes were included in the magazine.

I think maybe the revival team should consider changing the name chat to something else. The reason being coz ppl think its that kinda chat (if you get my drift) and there are all sorts coming on who perhaps dont realise that this is an Islamic forum. Maybe change the name to instant messaging or something.

p.s. before you throw a fit im NOT telling you what to do, its just a suggestion.

Naz wrote:
I think maybe the revival team should consider changing the name chat to something else. The reason being coz ppl think its that kinda chat (if you get my drift) and there are all sorts coming on who perhaps dont realise that this is an Islamic forum. Maybe change the name to instant messaging or something.

p.s. before you throw a fit im NOT telling you what to do, its just a suggestion.

Shall I change it Tribune?

You wrote:
Naz wrote:

If you want.

Hang on a minute i thought you said you werent admin anymore. So why is it that your carrying out administrative tasks?

Does that mean your back?

Naz wrote:
You wrote:
Naz wrote:

If you want.

Hang on a minute i thought you said you werent admin anymore. So why is it that your carrying out administrative tasks?

Does that mean your back?

or he never left.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

I the ghost of christmas past here to occasionally annoy others and pick at scabs.

A good "feature" for the new site would be having a scholar around... online.

There are many places that would be useful and providing proper answers to many topics would be a good thing.

You wrote:
A good "feature" for the new site would be having a scholar around... online.

There are many places that would be useful and providing proper answers to many topics would be a good thing.

ditto. Ive seen some forums do it and think it would defo be a good idea. We can spend less time arguing and more time actually discussing important issues.

^^^ Most of the threads on here are just general everyday waffle. There doesnt seem to be much talk about Islam (could be because lack of knowledge, fear of ppl taking the mick, ppl arguing which results in the topic being locked) Plus just because the Imam gives an answer doesnt necessarily mean everyone will agree with whats been said. Some ppl might challenge what had been said by something they have heard their local imam say.

wednesday wrote:
But wouldn't that mean that the thread will shut as soon as one hears 'the official' answer from the imam? ie, lack of discussion?

It is better than what some people do.... speak without knowledge.

yup - there are occasionally topics that need closure and not people going around in circles.