halal or haram

:? I was just wondering what foods are haram or halal, as i have recently herd that some types of chocolate are haram.(mega disater-i can not blive with out chocolate)

Stick to Kit Kat.

it's got "You's Seal of Approval".

Also, have a read of .

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I'm pretty sure pork is haram.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Among the m&ms the red one is haram

Back in BLACK

love to live but living to die wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

cos of the colouring... its obtained from a special ant (which is red) ... is it called cochneil?

Or so im told.

People seem to be too concerned with what is haram.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

Same with smarties. The colour you guys are talking about is E120 and is derived from the cochineal BEETLE!

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

Seraphim wrote:
People seem to be too concerned with what is haram.

As the dieticians say, you are what you eat!

You can't be too concerned about whether the food you eat is haraam. It is simply impossible.

Then again I have heard the argument "If you don't pray, why do you care if what you eat is halaal?" Some crazy people out there.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Stick to Kit Kat.

it's got "You's Seal of Approval".

Also, have a read of .

best not stick to kit kat, it funds israel.

Behold...Me!

ive heard that all pepsi produce contains some sort of pork sausage or something, it could be alcohol actually, im not sure

Behold...Me!

Hearsay.

but your suposed to leave that you doubt

Behold...Me!

Hearsay is not the same as doubt.

I have heard that strawberry milkshake is made from ants. Does that mean that I should avoid strawberry milkshake?

If someone tells you something, before passing it on as fact, investigate it. Make sure it is true.

On the other hand there is the story about a Sikh shop keeper. He fell out with someone and that person started spreading a malicious rumour - that the guy belonged to another (muslim) sect - so that other muslims would stop going to him.

im gonna contact them inshallah and find out for sure. ive also heard that sensation and quavers contains some sort of alcohol

Behold...Me!

thats a great website and cleared most of my doubts, thanks. but ive heard that lucozade contains alcohol too

Behold...Me!

Your body also contains alcohol - produces it too.

As long as no alcohol is added to the product (and it has no intoxicating effects), it's all good.

Actually, vinegar (which it is sunnah to consume) is made from alcohol, so the above is not strictly true.

OK, read the back. If it says "Suitable for Vegetarians," "Halal," or if it doesn't contain anything haram then, Inshallah it's halal.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Seraphim wrote:

are the red starbursts and wine gums haram

Read the ingredients.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Minimuslim wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

Starbursts (Original, Strawberry & Sours) all seem to be halal as last indicated by the GMWA Halal Foodguide Service, who checked with Mars the manufacturer. Dated March 2008.

However this is only true for UK Starbursts, this maybe different state side.

Back in BLACK

Minimuslim wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

wine gums or any other jelly sweets or marshmallows are not halal.

Ya'qub wrote:
Minimuslim wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

wine gums or any other jelly sweets or marshmallows are not halal.

Wine Gums are haraam.... obviously.

Back in BLACK

most of the time it would say suitable for vegies... which is suitable for us...

Unless there is alcohol in it.

Ya'qub wrote:

most of the time it would say suitable for vegies... which is suitable for us...

Unless there is alcohol in it.

vegies don't have alcohol... (or so i say?)

What are you on about?

1-0 to you!

but what i meant was they don't have alcohol in their food... they'll have it seperate but not in their meal... i'll shut up... :?

Since when? Veggies will have anything as long as it dont have meat in it. Its got nothing to do with alcohol.

Ofcourse WE cant have anythng with non-halal meat or with alcohol in it.

Back in BLACK

Does anyone else think veggie muslims are a little strange?

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

I know someone who refuses to eat meat when in Britain, but that's because they don't trust 90% halal meat because the animals are stunned before being slaughtered.

They eat meat when they stay in Muslim countries.

But I think what you're talking about is a bit different.

Seraphim wrote:

god created animals to be eaten, i say eat them!

Behold...Me!

I mean generally muslims who dont eat meat. Who are vegetarians. I think thats really strange.

As far as trusting UK halal meat. IMO if it says its halal then its halal for you to eat, bcoz as far as you know its halal... if however thats not the case and its not really halal its something thats beyond your control so God will forgive.

Back in BLACK

There's a village in Indonesia who my friends donate to. We do Qurban there at the end of Eid-al Adha.

They eat meat once a year, not because of a 'lifestyle choice', but because they can't afford it.

So we should be grateful we get to eat meat all the time.

Pages