Father's day

Salaam

Its this sunday in case you all forgot. Those of you that do celebrate it, what are you getting your pops? Need some ideas.

W/salaam

Dads always on his mobile... even when he's driving. He still does it, even tho ive told him how dangerious it is. So we're getting him a bluetooth handsfree kit.

That and he gets new suit.

Back in BLACK

Daddy doesn't even know it's fathers day. Even if he did he would get nothing.

MuslimBro wrote:
Daddy doesn't even know it's fathers day. Even if he did he would get nothing.

it sounds weird for a man to call his dad daddy

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Was thinking whether I should say dad or daddy. Anyway, no shame in saying that.

Wouldn't say that in public though.

Dad's already got the best present ever, an excellent and outstanding son! Well, not quite.
Maybe I might let him annoy me a little bit more.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

MuslimBro wrote:
Was thinking whether I should say dad or daddy. Anyway, no shame in saying that.

Wouldn't say that in public though.

awww wots wrong with calling you dad 'daddy' in public...

although i cant say id call him daddy in public myself lol

Naz wrote:
Salaam

Its this sunday in case you all forgot. Those of you that do celebrate it, what are you getting your pops? Need some ideas.

W/salaam

I know, dads are sooo difficult to buy for..

ive short listed it to:

1) socks (some cartoony one's or plain boring ones)

2) aftershave (although wouldn't know which one to get)

3) maybe a nice shirt

several items that may be an option for you but no use to ma pops:

1) a tie (ma dad beleives you need to be of a certain age n status to wear one..hmmmm)

2) a fancy cigarette lighter (don't smoke)

3) one of them cool shaving sets all electric with the gadgets n stuff (he'd have a hard time figuring it out!)

What do you guys think about a touch screen remote?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Courage wrote:
Have a look at this.

Why are you posting Boyzone murdering a classic song.

The original is great.

I met Yusuf Islam and told him how this song was a great help to me when I lost my dad, he was really nice about it!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
Courage wrote:
Have a look at this.

Why are you posting Boyzone murdering a classic song.

The original is great.

I met Yusuf Islam and told him how this song was a great help to me when I lost my dad, he was really nice about it!

That's not the Boyzone version. That's the Ronan and Yusuf version.

Seraphim wrote:
Dads always on his mobile... even when he's driving. He still does it, even tho ive told him how dangerious it is. So we're getting him a bluetooth handsfree kit.

That and he gets new suit.

My dad does the same but i know if i buy him a handsfree he wont use it. He has a rather odd dress sense so thats a no to the suit.

Stranger999 wrote:
I know, dads are sooo difficult to buy for..

ive short listed it to:

1) socks (some cartoony one's or plain boring ones)

2) aftershave (although wouldn't know which one to get)

3) maybe a nice shirt

several items that may be an option for you but no use to ma pops:

1) a tie (ma dad beleives you need to be of a certain age n status to wear one..hmmmm)

2) a fancy cigarette lighter (don't smoke)

3) one of them cool shaving sets all electric with the gadgets n stuff (he'd have a hard time figuring it out!)

I were thinking that the other say. At work they got the mr men sock. I might get him Mr Lazy Blum 3

Aftershave gave him some for his birthday

He brought a load of shirts the other day. Doesnt wear a tie. Doesnt smoke anymore otherwise i wud have brought him a pack of cigarettes. He prefers his razors simple.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

If you're a son, what if you buy him a key chain that reads: "The most hostile but loyal relationship is between father and son."

love to live but living to die wrote:
im stuck too!

me father loves shoes but he's got LOADS!
He likes wallets n yep he's got loads!... he likes ties (blue n red ones) n he's got loads...
he's got suits n he's doesn't want cash (lol)...

he likes things that can bend in his trouser pocket... his wallets all bendable (nearly all of em) but he hates it wen his mobile doesn't!! we (me n me siblings) wud hav got him nokia888 but i hasn't come out yet... im not sure wen it'll be released...

coz his eldest child is a daughter its a bit awkward but i still will do something!... i like using me last minute decisions ... they always seem to work (well nearly always) ... i'll see ... altho i/we get him n rest of the fam 'things' not only on 'special occasions' but wen ever i/we feel like it! i personally dont like to follow the crowd but its me siblings who persuade me... ah well... wotever happens, happens

That sounds just like my dad!
im also stuck, hes got everything.
Last year i asked him what he wanted he replied
"ive got you what else do i need? If your brother asks you what HE should get tell him i want a grandson!"

life is for living, live it peacefully...

Biggrin MY DADS FATHERS DAY PRSENT WILL BE GIVING ME AND MY SISTERS MONEY TO SPEND Biggrin

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

big bro wrote:
Biggrin MY DADS FATHERS DAY PRSENT WILL BE GIVING ME AND MY SISTERS MONEY TO SPEND Biggrin

Its Eid again for you! Lol

life is for living, live it peacefully...

that's called sons day or kiddo day!

IT'S EID EVERYDAY IN MY HOUSE.
P.S YOU HAVEN'T MET MY MUM SHE'S ALOT WORSE.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

IF YOU ARE BUYING AFTERSHAVE OR COLOGNE BUY ISEY MEYAKE. THATS REALLY GOOD COZ MY OLD MAN LITERALLY BATHES HIMSELF IN IT. OR BLACK XS BY PACO REBANNE

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Im stuck! dont know what to get...!
he likes watches, but hes got dozens, practically so much he can match them up wid his clothes lol
shoes.. lol, he has his own style.. Dirol
already got the latest fone...
so im STUCK!!
what else can u get an imaam lmao?

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

xSmurfy786x wrote:
Im stuck! dont know what to get...!
he likes watches, but hes got dozens, practically so much he can match them up wid his clothes lol
shoes.. lol, he has his own style.. Dirol
already got the latest fone...
so im STUCK!!
what else can u get an imaam lmao?

Get him a story of a sahaba that your father reminds you of.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

hmmmm..

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

xSmurfy786x wrote:
hmmmm..

and then say this person reminds me of you dad.

I was thinking the other day. You know how you can get socks that have pictures on them, is that allowed? I vaguely remember something that i came across in my reading. The Prophets Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) friend i think either brought the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) a present which was a cushion with a picture of a camel on it or he had one in his house and the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) refuse to enter his house. Cant remember the citation but those of you that more knowledgeable in Islam probs know what im on about.

So im guessing from the above your not allowed to wear or have anything in your home which has a picture of an animal on it. Would this apply to say socks with cartoon pictures on them?

What is the ruling on wearing clothing that has pictures of animals? Is there a difference between the clothing of children and adults? What is the ruling on praying in such clothes?

According to Al-Tuhfa, it is unlawful to wear clothes that have pictures of animals, even if the picture is of an imaginary creature, such as horses with wings. The condition for the unlawfulness is that the pictures include what the creature cannot live without, such as the top half of the body. However, if the picture is of some part of the body that does not normally support life, such as the picture of a head, a head and chest with no abdomen, a hand, a foot or the lower part of the body, then it is not unlawful to wear. This is according to the relied upon position of the great scholar Ibn Hajar, in disagreement with the great scholar Al-Ramli.

There is no difference between children's and adults' clothing with respect to the above rulings, as our imams have not made a distinction therein.

It is not unlawful to pray in clothes with pictures on them, and the prayer in such clothes is valid, although it is disliked.

Amjad Rasheed

(Sunnipath)

Naz wrote:
Salaam

W/salaam

my dad lives far far far away i cant get any thing

"to allah we belong and to him we return"

musslima wrote:
my dad lives far far far away i cant get any thing

Maybe you could just phone him up and see how hes doing :--) Presents dont always have to be materialistic things to be nice Wink

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Noor wrote:
What is the ruling on wearing clothing that has pictures of animals? Is there a difference between the clothing of children and adults? What is the ruling on praying in such clothes?

According to Al-Tuhfa, it is unlawful to wear clothes that have pictures of animals, even if the picture is of an imaginary creature, such as horses with wings. The condition for the unlawfulness is that the pictures include what the creature cannot live without, such as the top half of the body. However, if the picture is of some part of the body that does not normally support life, such as the picture of a head, a head and chest with no abdomen, a hand, a foot or the lower part of the body, then it is not unlawful to wear. This is according to the relied upon position of the great scholar Ibn Hajar, in disagreement with the great scholar Al-Ramli.

There is no difference between children's and adults' clothing with respect to the above rulings, as our imams have not made a distinction therein.

It is not unlawful to pray in clothes with pictures on them, and the prayer in such clothes is valid, although it is disliked.

Amjad Rasheed

(Sunnipath)

Hmmm interesting. Thanks for that Biggrin