The Tottenham Ayatollah Revisited

[b]The Tottenham Ayatollah Revisited[/b]
In 1997, journalist and documentary-maker Jon Ronson spent a year making a film about Omar Bakri Mohammed, one of Britain's most high-profile Islamic extremists, and one of whom the government has said he won't be allowed to return to the UK. Since the London attacks of July 7th, Muslim clerics like Omar Bakri have found themselves under an intense media spotlight, and the government has responded with a clampdown on their activities and the threat of deportations. Channel 4 is re-screening The Tottenham Ayatollah with a new introduction from Ronson. The documentary, wry in tone, follows a year in the life of Bakri, who dreams of seeing the Black Flag of Islam flying over Downing Street. Ronson gained intimate access to the normally clandestine Omar, a well known anti-Semite and campaigner against homosexuality, lesbianism, adultery and fornication. The film follows his revolutionary mission to make Britain an Islamic state, from buying collection boxes for Hamas at the Cash and Carry to attending his secret Jihad training camp in a Crawley scout hut, while meetings with other Islamic Fundamentalists are conducted over choc ices and fishing weekends.

Time: 20:00 to 21:00 (1 hour long).
When: Monday 5th September on Channel 4

Wow.. a traitor trying to usurp the crown and a terrorist funding and training.

Sounds like a winner.

You guys need some people who are a little better with PR.

Did anyone catch the programme. Thought it was wicked, I never knew Bakri was so funny, I especially like the joke about farting and the non muslims. But the programme did confirm one thing for me, which I have always thought, that Bakri is all talk and the West government have used him to push through their thinking on certain muslims, even the presenter thought that. All it is Bakri just was never clever enough to know how to deal with the media, abit naive in a sense. Take the the idea with the balloons and the message and they being to heavy to lift off. That is just classical.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

i watched this the first time it came on, he totally shows himself up and shows islam up....
cant stand him....the BNP loves this guy!
im just glad hes left thsi country....one less thing we got to worry about!!!

Yeah, I watch it last time as well, but it was much more interesting this time as they been alot more done since and alot more said. I think that this show gave a real insight into the character of Bakri and it is much more complex then people try making him out. I met him once and he seem much more relax that time and barely recoginise him as being the same person that comeon TV. It something to do with the fact that when the Camera and Media are in front of him, he simply chnage character. I also saw Omar Brook on there, who calling himself a Shaykh now as well, he meant to have spilt with Omar as he was too moderate by his account. He another interesting character. But I thought this show was a really good insight on the current situation.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
i watched this the first time it came on, he totally shows himself up and shows islam up....
cant stand him....the BNP loves this guy!
im just glad hes left thsi country....one less thing we got to worry about!!!

I totally agree!

It waz my 1st time too although i watched the last half n hour as i didnt no bout it at 1st.

Its just shocking, he has respect 4 no one apart 4rm himself. Id hav 2 say im glad too dat his left dis country i just hpe his followers dat live in dis country dnt get out of their cages.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"