Geert should not be banned
0% (0 votes)
Geert should not be banned
0% (0 votes)
Total votes: 18

Quote:
Dutch MP calls for ban on Koran

Wednesday August 8, 2007

Dutch anti-immigration politician [b]Geert Wilders[/b] has called for the Koran to be banned in the Netherlands, branding it a "fascist book" in the vein of Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf" which legitimises violence.

Writing in Dutch daily De Volkskrant on Wednesday Wilders said: "Ban this wretched book just like Mein Kampf is banned. Send a signal ... to Islamists that the Koran can never, ever be used in our country as an excuse or inspiration for violence."

Hitler's Mein Kampf, published in 1925, outlines the future Nazi dictator's racist ideology. It has been banned from sale in the Netherlands since the end of World War Two.

Ayhan Tonca, chairman of the CMO umbrella group of Dutch Muslim organisations said Wilders' comments were best ignored.

"This is typical Wilders. This is a ridiculous idea," he said "There is not much news at the moment so he is trying to create some."

Wilders, whose new party won nine seats out of the 150 in parliament in last November's elections, is well known for his firebrand remarks on Islam.

He has warned of a "tsunami of Islamisation" in a country home to 1 million Muslims, and has lived under heavy protection since receiving death threats from Islamist militants in 2004.

Wilders said an attack over the weekend by two Moroccans and a Somali on a young Iranian-born politician who heads a Dutch group for "ex-Muslims" had spurred him to write.

The attack on Ehsan Jami, 22, caused an outcry in the Netherlands, where the November 2004 murder of Theo Van Gogh, a filmmaker critical of Islam, by a Dutch-Moroccan Muslim militant led to an anti-Muslim backlash and exposed social tensions.

Issues of immigration and integration no longer top the political agenda, despite the efforts of Wilders and his allies.

"Allah sees the death penalty as fitting for those who no longer believe," Wilders wrote on Wednesday, adding this view had fuelled the attack on Jami, now under police protection.

The Muslim holy book should be banned from sale, from use in mosques and private households, Wilders added.

Earlier this year, Wilders called for a vote of no-confidence in two Muslim government ministers, questioning their loyalty to the country because of their dual nationality.

He has also campaigned to ban Muslim face veils, ban the building of new mosques and halt all Muslim immigration.

In April, Wilders was warned by the Dutch anti-terrorism chief that his anti-Islam statements had stoked anger in the Middle East, and that he was going too far.

I dont think he has read the Quran. If anyone reads the Quran, he wold not be against it. Even Bush and Blair praised the Quran after they read it completely in days after 9/11.

Double standards is a feature of many Kaafirs.
Dutch are supposed to be very free and liberal. Freedom of expression and all that.
Now they want to burn books. Kaafirs don't stick to their own rules.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

i don't blame Geert Wilders for these views I blame the Muslims who attacked people:

"malik" wrote:
an attack over the weekend by two Moroccans and a Somali on a young Iranian-born politician who heads a Dutch group for "ex-Muslims" had spurred him to write.

The attack on Ehsan Jami, 22, caused an outcry in the Netherlands, where the November 2004 murder of Theo Van Gogh, a filmmaker critical of Islam, by a Dutch-Moroccan Muslim militant led to an anti-Muslim backlash and exposed social tensions.

how can we blame non-muslims for thinking Islam is a violent, intolerant religion, when they have hundreds examples of muslims acting violently and showing intolerance!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Some muslim people use violence and suddenly its Islam thats evil.

Somebody else is violent and no one says a thing about their religion.

Its the point of view of this Pro-American government. Trying to turn muslims into scapegoats.

But alot of inteligent people (muslim & non-muslim) see through this charade.

Back in BLACK

If murderers frequently cited the First Amendment you might call it evil and demand it be changed. If murderers frequently cite the Qu'ran...

So the Qu'ran probably isn't evil, but disbelief at the suggestion seems to betray a lack of real concern and more a desire to nourish enmity. Would malik do that? "Kaafirs don't stick to their own rules" must be one of the stupidest things I ever read, central though it is to backward Islamist ideologies.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

"Joie de Vivre" wrote:

So the Qu'ran probably isn't evil

There’s no probably about it, it isn’t!
They were saying about banning the Qu'ran when Al Qae'da first carried out a terrorist attack on America. I doubt they will because they going to have a war on their hands. No Muslim will stand by and let the non-Muslims destroy the holy Qu'ran. I think it is wrong for non-Muslims to blame the Qu'ran for "so called" Muslim terrorists attacks on the Kaffirs. Yes many terrorists do use the holy Qu'ran and Islam to justify their actions (they are just spineless cowards and they will get their punishment) but Islam is about peace! Some of the terrorist that are converts probably haven’t even read the Qu'ran, they probably just been to one of those extremist camps where they have been brain washed into thinking they are fighting a jihad (aka translated by some as meaning a holy war but to many means to striving in the way of god which can mean give Zakat, build a mosque, pray namaaz NOT blowing oneself up!).
[/quote]

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I hate people who do not respect other cultures. And the Dutch!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

in the USSR they successfully banned they Quran.

I heard a brother talking about how his uncle went there to study in the 1960s/70s. the Soviets allowed foreign students to have the Quran , but not Russians.

some Russian Muslims sneaked up to him one night and whispered to him if he could give them a single page of the Quran so they might be able to keep it with them, secretly, in their basement. Even though they couldn't read Arabic, they used to run their fingers along the text in the hope of gaining Allah's (swt) reward.

If they'd been caught the punishment would have been severe to say the least.

Make du'aa for all the Muslims living in former Soviet countries and Chechnya, who's culture and history was torn apart in the space of a few decade by the Kafirun (i feel this is a corrct place to use that word).

It doesnt matter anyway.

Banning it would probably have the reverse affect.

More people would want to read it.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim, by that logic Saudi Arabia should be heaving with Christians.

The Qu'ran won't be banned, and nor should it. Geert shouldn't be banned (however that works) either. (I haven't voted in this stupid poll.)

"Joie de Vivre" wrote:
Seraphim, by that logic Saudi Arabia should be heaving with Christians.

The Qu'ran won't be banned, and nor should it. Geert shouldn't be banned (however that works) either. (I haven't voted in this stupid poll.)

Im sure theres plenty of Christians in the Arab world.... Saudi Arabia being no exception.

Back in BLACK

Syria is I think the best example I've come across of Christians and Muslims living side-by-side in [b]actual [/b]harmony.

In Alleppo there is the 'Tawhid Mosque' which has 4 minarets, and under each minaret is a church!

The Ummayad mosque in Damascus was 1/2 church and 1/2 mosque for hundreds of years, (eventually the Muslims bought the other half of it) and even now it is full of Christian worshippers who visit it for the Tomb off John the Baptist - Maqam Nabiyya Yahya (as).

There was also a thriving and integrated Jewish community from about 800AD - 1946!

The government there are a shambles, though.

Seraphim, my point is that you cannot take a Bible to Saudi Arabia, and by your logic that encourages people to read the Bible. Whereas it actually makes Bibles pretty scarce.

Ya'qub, from what I've read that sounds right. It must be a beautiful place.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
in the USSR they successfully banned they Quran.

I heard a brother talking about how his uncle went there to study in the 1960s/70s. the Soviets allowed foreign students to have the Quran , but not Russians.

some Russian Muslims sneaked up to him one night and whispered to him if he could give them a single page of the Quran so they might be able to keep it with them, secretly, in their basement. Even though they couldn't read Arabic, they used to run their fingers along the text in the hope of gaining Allah's (swt) reward.

If they'd been caught the punishment would have been severe to say the least.

Make du'aa for all the Muslims living in former Soviet countries and Chechnya, who's culture and history was torn apart in the space of a few decade by the Kafirun (i feel this is a corrct place to use that word).

Sometimes we forget how good we have it here.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Geert Wilders claims that the Quran is a "fascist" book. Not only is what he's saying a total JOKE, but he's a fascist himself. How the hell are we supposed to take him seriously? That's the thing with fascists, they do the arrogant talk, but when you challenge them they drop!
You know I think, if everyone challenged racism and extremism then we'd all enjoy chatting to each other.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

it's funny how dutch loud mouths get more publicity OUTSIDE Holland then they do in Holland.

Holland is a great country, sure it has it problems, but it is a 1000 times better then any Muslim country.

Malik is such a poll appropriate on an ISLAMIC forum?

I voted for the ban

According to the reasoning of Joie de Vivre we should ban the Torah when we hear Jews quote Torah to justify terrorism against Palestinians.

We cannot burn books just because some Kaafirs use them.

I didn't call for the Qu'ran to be banned.

"I" wrote:
The Qu'ran won't be banned, and nor should it.

I pointed out that the Qu'ran is often associated with violent behaviour and filthy prejudice against "kafirs", perhaps only by the stupid and irresponsible. The Torah, although some do cite it to support noxious opinions, tends not to be cited by Israel in support of military action.

"Joie de Vivre" wrote:

I pointed out that the Qu'ran is often associated with violent behaviour and filthy prejudice against "kafirs", perhaps only by the stupid and irresponsible. The Torah, although some do cite it to support noxious opinions, tends not to be cited by Israel in support of military action.

It is never a surprise to see history being twists by an otherwise seemingly intelligent person.

Jews are often heard on British television quoting Torah to justify taking over Palestine using military means; pointing to verses which they claim show that God gave them this land. Why deny obvious facts.

If you were responding to what I wrote instead of what you imagine I wrote, why, we could almost be having an intelligent conversation.