14% (3 votes)
War and Victory
14% (3 votes)
War and Defeat
0% (0 votes)
War and Defeat
0% (0 votes)
Total votes: 22

This is not for predictions. Please vote for the outcome you prefer either with regard to conflicts close to your heart or most generally and ideologically. Feel free to add your thoughts.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

As for the Israeli/Palestinian conflict I really wish the two parties live alongside each other in peace and harmony and without the need to kill each other.

Great. Do you promote that to people who believe in unconditional jihad against Israel?

It is easy saying yes or no but as Hamas don't want to recognise Israel and Israel/EU/US label Hamas as a terrorist group I blame both sides, not just Hamas.

I didn't ask you to blame anyone. I am always pushing zionists to recognise my point of view, which is for the most part a common and obvious point of view, and to accept that further withdrawals are necessary and negotiation and peace is vital and the situation of the Palestinians is urgent and the security of Israel is urgent, and regardless of blame the idea is to take responsibility for what we can through the lens of extolling friendly relations and an end to bloodshed. The reason I ask is specifically so that we shift away from blame and take responsibility.

100 Just in case you are making any rush judgements about MB [i]I'm[/i] the one who voted war and victory. I was thinking about the war on terror when I voted.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
[i]I'm[/i] the one who voted war and victory. I was thinking about the war on terror when I voted.

As Bush said "you are either with us or you are with the terrorists"....so you are with Bush?

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
[i]I'm[/i] the one who voted war and victory. I was thinking about the war on terror when I voted.

As Bush said "you are either with us or you are with the terrorists"....so you are with Bush?

On terrorism and abortion, that's about it. I can't stand him, McCain or Warner will have a lot of work ahead of them.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
I agree with you on abortion, check this out [url] but not sure about the way Bush is dealing with terrorism.

That's hideous. [url= killing babies has become the new national sport. It's beyond sickening.

Fortunately the President nominated two rock bed conservatives to the Court, everybody knows it's to overturn abortion. Who knows if it will work though.

unfortunately peace is rarely something that just happens. Although ideally we would like peace without the need for bloodshed but reality however paints a different picture.

I do not know if such a victory is possible in any war. I only know that great sacrifice will be required to ensure the future prosperity of mankind... or atleast to the victor.

Back in BLACK

"100man" wrote:
Great. Do you promote that to people who believe in unconditional jihad against Israel?

Yes.

By the way, Jihad is more than physical violence, and when we refer to physical violence it has conditions. Alot!

So yes I like peace, I like peoples living together in harmony. I like justice, but sometimes I wonder if I know what Justice means.

Lets be positive, maybe the worst is behing us. Maybe "we are entering into an age of happiness and light". Biggrin

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

seraphim,

Peace is real. It is pretty fair to say we live in peace. Peace between Israel and Palestinians requires both sides to support and declare peace and to uphold that declaration. Without equivocating.

Dawud,

I'm with you.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
100 Just in case you are making any rush judgements about MB [i]I'm[/i] the one who voted war and victory. I was thinking about the war on terror when I voted.

Cool. I'm the one who voted "Click here if you're Don Karnage".

People especially non-muslims get confused of what the word jihad means. Some think that its a holy war against the non-believers. Jihad is an Arabic word that means 'striving in the way of God'. So one form of striving can mean the daily inner struggle to be a better person.

"100man" wrote:

Cool. I'm the one who voted "Click here if you're Don Karnage".

Lol Joker.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
People especially non-muslims get confused of what the word jihad means. Some think that its a holy war against the non-believers. Jihad is an Arabic word that means 'striving in the way of God'. So one form of striving can mean the daily inner struggle to be a better person.

Got that. I have a pretty big jihad on with myself, to do things at the time and in the way I said I would or as expected or to produce the best results. I get very distracted. So I'm going to log off now and do something.

I voted war and victory.

peace and agreement is very difficult to attain without threats of violence if both sides are passionate.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
I voted war and victory.

peace and agreement is very difficult to attain without threats of violence if both sides are passionate.

Like voting peace by way of war? We could all do that. The poll was not a logical one but a question as to what you prefer. Basically your second sentence does not justify your appetite for violence. That attitude costs so many lives.

The belief that peace is preferable to violence is the only noble one. The belief that we live in a dog eat dog world - a self-fulfilling belief to be sure - makes me puke. What you say is difficult to attain will be difficult to attain. Unfortunately it only takes one of you to screw it up for all of us.

"100man" wrote:
The poll was not a logical one but a question as to what you prefer.

interesting poll. but i dont think i'll vote because there isn't any single all-encompassing option which i 'prefer'. every situation is different and should be judged seperately.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

interesting reply. fair enough.

"100man" wrote:
interesting reply. fair enough.

Ok... in an ideal world where everything workd, I would go for peace and agreement.

However in the real world I cannot see people accepting less unless there is a chance they may lose more.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

:shock:

I do not think that.

"Admin" wrote:
However in the real world I cannot see people accepting less unless there is a chance they may lose more.

Admin got a point. Its a sort of compromise. Or a gamble if you will. Would you rather not keep lets say $4,000,000 rather than gambling it and possibly getting $8,000,000 but theres also a chance you'd loose everything?

Life is about gambling between what you're willing to loose and how badly you wanna win.

Back in BLACK

I know im new on here and probably wont even get a reply.. but as for your 2nd option how is war and victory possible? whos the winner in the end?

Condemn Me, It Does Not Matter, History Will Absolve Me

Seraphim,

I reject your simplification. Life is about what we make it about. I'm looking at the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and how both sides can edge away from the violence. Suicide bombings have severely hampered their cause and taken many lives. Israel has all the cards and has taken many lives. I would say it is a good time to act on the will of most people on both sides and come to an agreement. What I am trying to establish is whether everyone can support that scenario or if anyone intends to remain aggressive and full of excuses. I know the declared positions of various groups and they include some grounds for optimism and some diehard enmity but I'm asking here, where I think most posters are possibly not quite as subjected to monolithic hate propaganda.

Hussnain,

Presumably anyone who votes for that option would want to be on the winning side.

100man

My simplification does not require your acceptance, you are entitled to your opinon. Any sane individual will tell you a peaceful solotion is preferable. Now anyone who can come up with a workable soloution is welcome to try it out. Just as suicide bombings have damaged the palestinian cause so has the actions of the Israeli military. Im not gonna point the finger at whose fault this is because theres enough blame to go around and it wouldnt solve anything. Israel does hold a military advantage over the Palestinians whom are little more than rebels, but it would foolish to believe they hold all the cards.

That particular region has remained in a state of war on and off for decades and nothing has come of it. The only other option is a peaceful one... thats presuming one can be reached where both sides will agree upon and honor.

Hussnain: history is always written from the point of view of the victor.

Back in BLACK

Just to make it clear, I am not looking at this in a narrow interpretation of a single conflict.

My position above is a generalisation.

And the losses indicated do not have to be in lives. It could be monetary, reputation or influence. or something else entirely.

Hussnain: history is always written from the point of view of the victor

but history is not always told how it really was.. like the iraq war does anyone know the truth about whats goin on der?

Condemn Me, It Does Not Matter, History Will Absolve Me

That's current affairs, not history.

Pages