If Marraige Completes Half Your Deen Why Aint YOU Married?

I'm still a baby
14% (4 votes)
I'm still a baby
14% (4 votes)
Stop asking stupid questions-Get of my case
4% (1 vote)
Stop asking stupid questions-Get of my case
4% (1 vote)
Can't afford it
4% (1 vote)
Can't afford it
4% (1 vote)
I'm not straight
0% (0 votes)
I'm not straight
0% (0 votes)
I'm too ugly-No one wants me
11% (3 votes)
I'm too ugly-No one wants me
11% (3 votes)
Still wanting for the ONE
0% (0 votes)
Still wanting for the ONE
0% (0 votes)
I liked someone but then...blah blah blah
7% (2 votes)
I liked someone but then...blah blah blah
7% (2 votes)
I dont want to
11% (3 votes)
I dont want to
11% (3 votes)
Total votes: 28

That survey is a bit lacking. What if more than one reason applies?

I selected the 'can't afford to get married' option.

I would want to get my own place, a good job and then get married.

My mom had always said from when we were about 8 that her childeren will get married at age 25 when they have their own houses, good jobs and cars. But now that everyone else my age seems to be getting married, my parents want me to hitched too asap.

:roll:

yeah by 25 normally a person has comleted education/got a job etc

good age I think

why are ur parents now in a rush? u next in line?

(Mr Admin I had a "Other-please specify" option in my poll as well but its disapeared-pls add it in)

I also think the norm age would 24/25 for guys to get married, although most guys are wantin to get married at an earlier age but what men have to have is stability and be able to provide for their wife and children...

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

why are ur parents now in a rush? u next in line?

I'm first in line. But I've siad that I'm willing to give up my place in the line.

Marriage isn't necessarily the only way to protect yourself from Zina. Faith and principals can sometimes be enough.

Council housing is very often in rough areas. I think Muslims should start moving away from council housing and towards the leafy suburbs etc.

IMO having financial stability in order to impress the in-laws is especially important when wanting a love marriage. Wink

Asalaamu alaikum all

the options are not varied enough...if there was the 'other' option i would have ticked that one but as it wasnt then i chose the first one 'still a baby'....lol not because i think im not mentally ready for marriage, but i want to educate myself of my deen much more and be much more spirtually strong before entering marriage...so maybe after a couple of years InshAllah

"yashmaki" wrote:
I'm not saying it's forbidden to have ones own home but if you want to get married to protect your chastity say, what should be given a higher priority?

i agree with you...if not getting married is going to tempt you towards zina then it is best to get married as soon as possible regardless of whether or not you have a big flash house and a good car etc etc...because it is best to protect your Imaan and chastity than to wait just so you may have a luxurious and comfortable life after marriage

"irfan" wrote:
Marriage isn't necessarily the only way to protect yourself from Zina. Faith and principals can sometimes be enough.

i agree with you

"irfan" wrote:

IMO having financial stability in order to impress the in-laws is especially important when wanting a love marriage. Wink

tru

but "financial stabilty" aint the only thing potential in laws look at

ur character and family will be equally important

Salam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
If Marraige Completes Half Your Deen Why Aint YOU Married?

Spoilt for choice ?

These days so much compitition out there.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:

These days so much compitition out there.

what sort of competition exactly

Salam

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
what sort of competition exactly

The good sort.

Omrow

so how are you going to choose a marriage partner if theres to much competition and your spoilt for choice!

If marriage is [b] HALF YOUR FAITH [/b] then would you consider it acceptable to neglect the other half?

I mean if your going to do something you may as well do it half right innit?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
If marriage is [b] HALF YOUR FAITH [/b] then would you consider it acceptable to neglect the other half?

Masha Allah an excellent point brother, [size=9]okay so you most likely meant stop committing shirk,[/size] but its still a very good point.

I ticked i'm too ugly cos i thought 'i'm not straight' would be too controversial...and a blatant lie. My proper ereason is 'I'm too scared to get married yet, and I'm scared I'm not ready yet!'.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Good. Good. Smile

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:
Good. Good. Smile

what?

ya gettin married or summing?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

I cant believe THREE people clicked on the "I'm too ugly no one wants me" :shock: :shock:

people dnt get mzrried gosh ur life will nva be the same. lol no independence lol

"liberty4women" wrote:
people dnt get mzrried gosh ur life will nva be the same. lol no independence lol

Just coz you maybe chained to the sink dont mean every1 else will be like that.

no independence... indeed....

Back in BLACK

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
I cant believe THREE people clicked on the "I'm too ugly no one wants me" :shock: :shock:

clicked it twice did ya?

Back in BLACK

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
garfield ur hilarious :roll:

I'm not as insecure as u :evil:

Well u must having been thinking it, why esle did you put it down on the list Lol

But saying that the three main reason for delay in marriage IMO, which are insecurity,not willing to comprimise and fear of failure. Which is bad as when people do finally go into marriage they still end up taking these things into their marriage.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Salam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
I'm not as insecure...

She keeps her locks open.

Omrow

"Seraph" wrote:
"liberty4women" wrote:

Just coz you maybe chained to the sink dont mean every1 else will be like that.

no independence... indeed....

aww poor seraph u sound as if ur trying too hard to impress and get it thru the woman u wnt, dat u wnt chain her to the sink....lol cumon u wudnt say dat otherwise now wud u? dats y i say liberty 4women from men like u

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

You only had to click it once lilsis.

We get the point!

"Constantine" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

You only had to click it once lilsis.

We get the point!

ur too late

the other lamo guys beat u too it (see above) :roll:

and like I said before

I aint insecure-I'm the prettiest girl in East London Dirol

Pages